Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interpol playing Dublin

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 technogoblin

What time were surfer blood on at ?

about 8.15.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

this is the first of9 videos i am uploading ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

Great video, looking forward to seeing more! Which other songs did you record?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gregsor

I was there last night and i thought it was a great gig.
    First time seeing Interpol and i was not disappointed.
    Avenge Sevenfold kicked some ass too,really smart tight well played catchy tunes,nice.
    I thought the whole smokescreen thing Interpol had on was a bit much,are they shy :eek:
    Good few empty seats around me too up on the upper circle,what a waste.

Great video, looking forward to seeing more! Which other songs did you record?

9 songs on Monday and 6 or 7 tonight (tueday)

This is My chemistry (Monday 29th)

I will upload the tonight vids tomorrow morning, you will find all the others on my channel ;) (antongiu)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭RAUL DUKE

I went last night and monday night.I must say last night was absolutely fantastic.Enoyed it alot more than monday night.They changed the setlist quiet a bit from Monday night which was great.They pretty much played the whole of TOTBL over the 2 nights bar Roland and Obstacle 2.They also played 2 encores last night.

That was the 5th time i've seen them and it was probably the one i enjoyed the most.I wish i was going for the hatrick again tonight,but that would be just greedy!

Monday Setlist
    Success
    Say Hello To The Angels
    Narc
    Length Of Love
    Summer Well
    Rest My Chemistry
    Slow Hands
    C'mere
    NYC
    Barricade
    Leif Erikson
    Lights
    Evil
    Safe Without
    Not Even Jail
    Untitled
    The New
    PDA
    Tuesday Setlist
    Success
    Obstacle 1
    Narc
    Hands away
    Barricade
    Rest My Chemistry
    Say Hello To The Angels
    The Heinrich Maneuver
    The New
    Summer Well
    Take You On A Cruise
    Lights
    Slow Hands
    Memory serves
    Stella
    Untitled
    Evil
    Not Even Jail
    PDA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I tried recording Success on my camera and was immediately stopped by the bouncer. Lucky you. Great gig Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

I went to Interpol on the Monday night. Third time going to see them and I think it will be the last. Their new stuff is pretty mundane and it was very much a case of 'same but same' for me. I'll stick to my Interpol CDs in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

I really enjoyed the gig last night, well worth braving the elements for.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Tuesdays gig was amazing. Wish they played Roland but Untitled and PDA will do. First time seeing Interpol in small venue (last time was Oxegen).

Wasn't crazy about the amount of people recording the gig on their phones, there was at least 3 people doing it all around me, annoying especially when they obstructed my view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

Fooking weather :(
    looks cracking in fairness.
    so jealous.

mal1 wrote: »
    I went to Interpol on the Monday night. Third time going to see them and I think it will be the last. Their new stuff is pretty mundane and it was very much a case of 'same but same' for me. I'll stick to my Interpol CDs in the future.

i'm with this guy. the live performance doesn't actually bring much to the songs, IMO. his voice is fantastic, and the musicianship is admirable. but, for me, that's all really.

The show of last night was better than the one on Monday, amazing set list and great musicians! the best moments were a dramatic "My Chemistry" and my fav "Stella".
    here there are some vids from last night, one per record

Stella (From TOTBL)

Not even Jail (from Antics)

Heinrich Maneuver (from OLTA)

Memory serves (from Interpol)

the remaining videos are on my channel, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

Last nights gig was incredible. Double encore, finishing with PDA. Nearly played all of TOTBL, just brilliant. Was at Monday and Tuesday's gigs and can say that Tuesday was comfortably better. The setlist had a better balance, they seemed more in the mood, the crowd were far better and the atmosphere was great. On Monday there were people not even clapping after songs. Paul seemed to think last night was better too..."can you guys come back again tomorrow?".

I wish I could go tonight but 2 nights is enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Blackpitts, did you watch the entire show through a viewfinder?

poundhound wrote: »
    Blackpitts, did you watch the entire show through a viewfinder?

no, i was almost in the front row so i didn't need to put my camera in front of my face. And I have enjoyed both nights, thanks for asking! :pac:
    but it's nice to see people appreciating the effort of sharing the experience... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

agreed on Tuesday. it was a cracker of a gig. 2 encores. mighty. saw them in Edinburgh on Saturday but got caught in the snow travel chaoas so i missed Monday. Tuesday definitely beat Edinburgh though. so much so i'm going to head again tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

What time is the gig tonight likely to finish?

I need to try and make the 11:10pm train to Kildare from Heuston.

Just wondering if I'd be cutting it fine if I go.

Thanks

Thanks

panama wrote: »

Thanks

on monday they played literally to curfew, it had just turned 11 when they finished the encore.

• Advertisement

on monday they played literally to curfew, it had just turned 11 when they finished the encore.

Dammit. :(

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

Great gig last night, third time seeing them live. Fricking love seeing PDA, Evil and Slow Hands live.

I don't really like their last two albums that much but still great gig.

Advertisement