Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lusk superdump gets the go ahead

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm from Kill in Kildare originally and as you might recall a dump was opened there many years ago to cater for the waste from Dublin. It was to be located in sealed containers buried in the ground.

On many occasions on a clear calm day you could smell the dump from up to 2 miles away. It wasn't absolutely rotten but it was a noticeable smell. I hope for people in and around the area that it doesn't get the go ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

I'm from Kill in Kildare originally and as you might recall a dump was opened there many years ago to cater for the waste from Dublin. It was to be located in sealed containers buried in the ground.

On many occasions on a clear calm day you could smell the dump from up to 2 miles away. It wasn't absolutely rotten but it was a noticeable smell. I hope for people in and around the area that it doesn't get the go ahead.

Its not going ahead thats why this thread was revived. The council has two plots of land for sale if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Its not going ahead thats why this thread was revived. The council has two plots of land for sale if your interested.

Oh that's great news. My apologies I didn't pick up on it, I'm in work so hadn't time to read all the posts in-depth.

I'm not quite sure the auld finances would stretch to buying a plot of land. Perhaps some other day.

Advertisement