Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offer of place from DIT

Options
  • 28-05-2010 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I applied for Social care in DIT, ITB & ITT . I had my interview for DIT at the beginning of May, I didnt think it went too well at all! I was so nervous as it was my first choice and obviously i really wanted it! Anyway my mind went blank and i couldnt remember things about previous courses etc. I walked out of it thinking 'il NEVER get this anyway' so was really shokced to come home to a letter from them on Wed with an offer of a place. It said that even though i hadnt got my offers from CAO yet they still were offering me a place. So whats the story there, what do i have to do now? Has anyone else got direct college offers yet? i just thought it was very erarly and that they usually didnt come out untill end of June-July.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Congrats on a getting a place. Glad to know a person can get a place even being so nervous.

Same thing happened to me during the week. My mind went blank. Forgot half the stuff i wanted to say. And that and trying to control the bit of stammer iv got. My mind was racing. But at least there is hope. Just so down thinking about it now and worried that i mightn't get a place. Ah well, i tried my best and if anything i got some practice for next year.

To answer your question, don't you normally find out a week or two after the interview weather you get a place or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

Congrats!
    I got my offer from Trinity a couple of weeks ago and it said to respond by a certain date if I wanted to accept it. It also reminded me that the CAO preferences would dictate whether or not I got it and to make sure I had my preferences listed accordinly.

Did your offer letter give any instructions or a contact person?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Thanks for replies and to hardluckwoman, fair play on ur interview, and im living proof that even the worst interview nerves dont affect you too badly so dont be worrying!! I serioulsy NEVER ever ever thought i would get accecpted and was gutted but look whats happened!! i bet u will get it hun.. i have my fingers crossed for u anyway!!

and to Aisling&M, I dont have the letter here now to refer to but as far as i remember it just said congrats, we are offering you a place but u still have to get offers from Cao and something about my preferences.
    But what does that actually mean; If DIT isnt my first chioice on CAO, even though they offered me a place themselves i wont get it?? (it is actually my first choice anyway but just wondering!)

Let me know if you have any idea about that! Thanks

qwertytlk wrote: »
    Thanks for replies and to hardluckwoman, fair play on ur interview, and im living proof that even the worst interview nerves dont affect you too badly so dont be worrying!! I serioulsy NEVER ever ever thought i would get accecpted and was gutted but look whats happened!! i bet u will get it hun.. i have my fingers crossed for u anyway!!

I got in. Got the offer yesterday. I honestly thought i wouldn't get it myself but i did and absolutely delighted. I can't believe it. I think i forgot to eat yesterday i was so shocked. I can't wait now til september. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

qwertytlk wrote: »

and to Aisling&M, I dont have the letter here now to refer to but as far as i remember it just said congrats, we are offering you a place but u still have to get offers from Cao and something about my preferences.
    But what does that actually mean; If DIT isnt my first chioice on CAO, even though they offered me a place themselves i wont get it?? (it is actually my first choice anyway but just wondering!)

Let me know if you have any idea about that! Thanks

Congrats qwertytlk! :)

Some colleges require you to reply to them if you are accepting the place. With others, you just wait till the CAO offers come out and accept that way only. You have to accept through the CAO for most so make sure to check when you get a letter from the CAO if you have to accept that way also.

The college offers you a place if they deem you suitable for the course. They do not know what order of preference you have the course listed on. They presume it is your first choice. If you are offered a place on a course that is your 2nd, choice, you will only be offered that course if you are not offered a place on your 1st choice.

The system assumes your first choice on your CAO is what you want the most, which is how it should be. The change of mind facility is available now until 1st July free of charge. You cannot add any restricted courses but you can change around your choices into a different order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭delama

Congratulations HardLuckWoman.
    I'm delighted for you. I'm still waiting to her myself. Where did you get into and what course? I'd say you're so relieved!!

delama wrote: »
    Congratulations HardLuckWoman.
    I'm delighted for you. I'm still waiting to her myself. Where did you get into and what course? I'd say you're so relieved!!

Got into a plc college in cork and doing animal care and then hopefully onto do vet nursing. Glad i can do the course in a plc college. Will never be able to afford UCD.

Advertisement