Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know where I can buy this (lightbulb holder) in Galway

Options
  • 28-05-2010 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to get one of these. It's a lightbulb 'holder' that belongs on a lamp. It's wider than the standard one.
    I bought a normal one but the lampshade won't sit onto it.
    4647195218_c877482b18_o.jpg

Thanks,
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fatleomessi

I know the sort of lights that would fit into such a fitting.. very good for indoor horticulture! Try any proper lighting/electrical store..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭pjmn

Peter Murphy's in Westside is usually great for non-standard items like that - or there's a 'light' place on Eglington St across from the post office which may be able to help...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Any hardware store should have them, just bring it to the shop and ask someone working there to get you one, add "chop, chop" after you ask for prompt service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

it's for a standard lightbulb.

I've tried the place in Westside (next to Dunnes) and a few other electrical stores but no joy...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Might be easier to buy and fit a standard fixture if the one you have is so unusual. At least you'll be able to get parts for it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

the lampshade will only fit such a unit so have to find same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Try Kavanaghs on Market Street. If they don't have it, then they might be able to order it.

Other than that, there's Conboys on New Road (the repair centre, not the shop in Dalys Place); they may be able to repair the one you have.

Outside of Galway you could try Hicken (Hickey?) Lighting on the quays in Dublin; I've had them recommended by customers for sourcing awkward fittings. You could possibly email them photos and details of the one you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

pjmn wrote: »
    Peter Murphy's in Westside is usually great for non-standard items like that - or there's a 'light' place on Eglington St across from the post office which may be able to help...

Yup Peter Murphys is your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

Try CT Electric on Sean Mulvoy Road. They have a good selection of lighting stuff and there's a lighting section next door to them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Flaherty Markets on the hill in Ballybane, too. Curran Elactric, Eastern Electric and mcDonaghs are all up beside it, too.

• Advertisement

Fey! wrote: »
    Flaherty Markets on the hill in Ballybane, too. Curran Elactric, Eastern Electric and mcDonaghs are all up beside it, too.

These were going to be my suggestions. You should find what you need between those

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

B&Q do them. 4-6euro. Aisle 15 I think

Advertisement