Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body Count

Options
  • 28-05-2010 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else like em? I've been a fan for a few years. Particularly like "KKK Bitch" that song is hilarious. (was tempted to call this thread black metal:D)

Plus i think Ice T was a very underrated frontman. Check out Cop Killer:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭dasdog

Original Gangster (Ice-T) is a great album. Midnight (Black Sabbath is the underlying riff) / Some of you niggas is bitches too are songs worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

they are difinitely one band id go see (if they stopped dying)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I got into them when they came out initially. Sorta lost touch with them over the years until a year or so ago when i found a couple of 'old' cd's lying around the gaff and gave them a whirl. I'd forgotten how great they were. Sadly most people remember the 'cop killer' controversy as being what the band was all about but they were a great outfit with some class tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Class!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭HMD

When i heard the song Body Count on OG i couldn't wat to hear the first album and i wasn't disapointed. They played here years ago, two nights just after xmas, both nights were great with very different crowds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Now here's a band I haven't though of or listened to in years!
    DrumSteve, I see what you mean. Just looked on Wikipedia - Mooseman, Beatmaster V and D-Roc have all died. RIP.

Malice_ wrote: »
    Now here's a band I haven't though of or listened to in years!
    DrumSteve, I see what you mean. Just looked on Wikipedia - Mooseman, Beatmaster V and D-Roc have all died. RIP.

yeah its bad **** to happen... check out the lollapaloosa performance of cop killer. shows what a great frontman ice t is.

It kinda begs the question... why isnt there more black rock bands? they certainly had the chops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I love Body Count!! :D I actually had a load of their stuff on my old harddrive. Totally forgot about them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Big fan, have a copy of their first cd with Cop Killer on it, paid about 40 pounds years ago for it. Have a load of Picture vinyls too.
    Saw them at the Reading festival years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

got i got into em for a (very) short while off the back of the 2005 LA Troubador DVD. wasn't havin em back in the day, ironically

didn't Ice-T incite the beatdown of a guy who offended him at the SFX show early 90s? !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I loved their debut but they kinda went off the boil and got pretty sanitised after the whole cop killer controversy.

The debut is very gritty sounding and the production isnt the best which is part of why I dig it,the later stuff just sounds too damn polished if ya ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

DrumSteve wrote: »
    why isnt there more black rock bands? they certainly had the chops.
    I can think of God Forbid and Fear Nuttin immediately but you're right, they are a bit under-represented. Maybe if there were more black Scandinavians? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

Star Bingo wrote: »
    got i got into em for a (very) short while off the back of the 2005 LA Troubador DVD. wasn't havin em back in the day, ironically

didn't Ice-T incite the beatdown of a guy who offended him at the SFX show early 90s? !

eh no he didnt ,well sort of
    i was at that gig and there was a dude in the crowd ,a a skinhead
    he started spitting up at ice-t
    stopping the gig ,he kept it up and eventually ice-t pointed him out
    and he got a few well deserved digs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

well thats not far off then is it?! but i guess a few punches from all directions is not a beatdown as such..

haven't had / done a good beatdown in a while! life affirming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

Star Bingo wrote: »
    well thats not far off then is it?! but i guess a few punches from all directions is not a beatdown as such..

haven't had / done a good beatdown in a while! life affirming

it seemed to have done the trick with the skinhead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Kick ass band, I like the way they infuse cheese, ott lyrics and rap with heavy metal. Any band that has a song the lyrics of which consist of bodycount, bodycount...bodycount in the house, gets my kudos. Bodycount on OG was a really great song aswell, awesome songs, cool riff and outrageous yet spot on lyrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Man this thread took me back , totally forgot about this band.

Malice_ wrote: »
    I can think of God Forbid and Fear Nuttin immediately but you're right, they are a bit under-represented. Maybe if there were more black Scandinavians? ;)

yeah good point :-)

though i think every rapper secretly dreams of being a rockstar...

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

great band ,loved the 1st two albums

and last year looked up their newer stuff ,not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

HMD wrote: »
    When i heard the song Body Count on OG i couldn't wat to hear the first album and i wasn't disapointed. They played here years ago, two nights just after xmas, both nights were great with very different crowds.

I saw them in Belfast, was between Christmas and New Years. One of the best gigs ever. When they started Cop Killer half the audience went ape**** mad while the other half stood there looking quite concerned/reserved! Same thing happened when Ice-T described how he'd shagged the Queen in London the day before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I guess this thread is close enough ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Diarmuid wrote: »
    I guess this thread is close enough ...

One of THE great soundtrack albums... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow Judgment Night :eek:

All killer no filler there, one that I still listen to regularly .... another body murdered!!!!!!!

"Bang your head to this"

Advertisement