Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So tired, tired of waiting....

Options
  • 28-05-2010 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

I submitted my licence application on the 5th of April. Still no word back :mad:

I understand there are others in the same boat as me but does it usually take this long?

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Where I live thats about normal for a renewal :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

your not waiting that long at all, lads in my club are waiting since november i bet lads on here are even longer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

hang in there i only got mine yesterday, I applied on the 13th of January.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

That's not a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,022 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Hang in there.If I could beat them,anyone can.I waited 2.5 YEARS to get my handgun liscense so thats not too long what you are at.:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

I knew there were some waiting a lot longer. I'm just ranting.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sam I Am

Did you get a letter saying they had received your application?
    Or is that still being issued the same day as the grant letter?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Sam I Am wrote: »
    Did you get a letter saying they had received your application?
    Or is that still being issued the same day as the grant letter?:rolleyes:

Nothing at all. You'd swear they don't want to give anyone a licence :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

almost 9 months now .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

I got my renewal today after less than two months, not to bad!! It seems to depend on what district you are in how you get on!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭gentleman jim

i applyed in september for my deer rifle and had the crime prevention officer out and got the all clear off him, and was told the other day that my app was now on the pluse system when in fact i found out today that the chef super hasn't okay it at all yet:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

No6 wrote: »
    I got my renewal today after less than two months, not to bad!! It seems to depend on what district you are in how you get on!!

I got the .223 just over 2 weeks after i applied. There was a new FO and had a good chat with her and she was cooing over the baby. I think it help to chat about things to her a she had a face to put with the form instead of just granting a form.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭gavlaw

im waiting since december for my licence an every time i go an ask about it im told i just have to wait:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

kkelly77 wrote: »
    I submitted my licence application on the 5th of April. Still no word back :mad:

I'm sure you already know this, but as no-one has mentioned it. They have 3 months to process the application so as annoying as it is there is no need to worry until the 3 months are up.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement