Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

attention marketing students - Galway!

Options
  • 28-05-2010 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi all,
    I've recently set up a beauty salon in Galway. Do any (good) marketing students out there want to use our business as a marketing project by helping us promote and brand the business?
    We need help getting with our branding and also getting noticed in general - in a big way. We can't pay you but it would be great experience for anyone who wants a career in that area.
    If interested pm me.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

"We can't pay you but it would be great experience for anyone who wants a career in that area"

That's particularly generous of you -

40 acres and a mule at the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Freelancebeauty

blue4ever wrote: »
    "We can't pay you but it would be great experience for anyone who wants a career in that area"

That's particularly generous of you -

40 acres and a mule at the end?

...and if you've nothing nice to say - then maybe don't say anything??

That's really, really rich.

I will speak out if I ever feel that people/business are trying to exploit students on the back of 'oh, it will be great on you CV' type of sh1t.

Try sticking your hand in your pocket for work that will, ultimately, bring revenue to you.

You don't have to dig too deep - but surely the work that will increase your turnover shouldn't be a gift.

40 acres and a mule

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters behave

dudara

dudara - there is no malice or intentional provocation in my comments. I simply am voicing my opinion.

In the interest of a 'happy Friday' I will desist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I would support Blue4ever's sentiments, why would a business owner expect another to work for zero?

OP, I would suggest you outline more about your services, how you cost them and perhaps make a 'no money changes hands' deal ie offer a contra-trade payment?

A win-win is surely a better outcome?

Advertisement