Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wilkinson sword razor 1933-35 value???

• 28-05-2010 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey all,

My dad has a very old Wilkinson Sword razor in original box with razor, sharpening belt and a blade box. I emailed Wilkinson Sword to ask what period of time it was from and maybe the value. They replied saying they no longer old records on products but sent a link with all they're old products.

Turns out my dad's one is dated from 1933-35 E21 deluxe model.

Does anyone know the value or where I could get it valued as its been in my family for years.

Thanks,
    Poms:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Don't know if this will help but you can get for example German straight razors from that period for somewhere between €5 to €20 (not including the belt). Price varies on condition etc. I do not know if a Wilkinson sword one would be more or less valuable but that might give you a rough ballpark figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Shouldn't think you would get a lot for it - 30/50 Euros if you can find a buyer - eBay? Very limited number of collectors for this type of item. I had a flick through some of my Millers Collectables Guides and I'm afraid that small money is all even very elaborate shaving sets fetch. Suggest you try eBay with a reserve. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

You'll see them at all the antiques fairs for around 20 quid,iincluding the cases.
    Bright blades without corrosion and ornate trademarks on the blade might increase the value a little bit as will undamaged cases.
    I think i've about 8 of them at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭ikb

Is'nt there a "Shaving" Forum on here somewhere.Those Guys might know, or even be interested in the Razor themselves.;)

Advertisement