Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

VAN STOLEN - Now found !!

• 28-05-2010 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hello

My Hymer Camp 55 has just been stolen, in Meath near Dunshaughlin. It's a 1991 Ducato, there was no plates on it, but I suppose the ****er probably put some on before driving it off.

If anyone hears of a Hymer this age being moved on, please let me know

Any other ideas on how to track it apart from informing the Gardai?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Nasty,

Have you any pics of it? will keep an eye out....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Watch DoneDeal for it - hope you get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭SourKraut

Very low quality pic - will upload more later on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

sorry to hear that .will keep eye out. best of luck..keep us updated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Man that sucks, hope you get it back.

Might be an idea to also publish the chassis number (?) and certainly any and all distinguishing marks / stickers/ equipment / damage

• Advertisement

I'm not sure I have the chassis number.. I have the ownership papers from Germany, there's some numbers on that

more pics attached

There's two new stickers on the back since then - small ones for Burg Eltz (castle in Germany.. the rear picture is taken there) and the other a heart shape, from Stuttgart.

SourKraut wrote: »
    I'm not sure I have the chassis number.. I have the ownership papers from Germany, there's some numbers on that

Item E, Fahrzeugidentifizierungsnummer ...that's your VIN or chassis number

yea, thought that was it

ZFA29000000208445

Any ideas of who else I could tip off about this - clubs, dealers, etc?

As it says in the title, it wasn't insured, so I'm down a lot of money on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I'll keep an eye out for it. Contact www.iccc.ie who might put a notice up. Also http://www.motorhomefacts.com/modules.php?name=MissingMotorhomes(UK based) have a stolen database.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Sorry to hear about this, scum can leave nothing alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Am in South East, will keep an eye out for it and pm you if any sighting. You wouldn't know, what with being between Cork and Rosslare, we see a good few on the roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Will definately keep an eye out for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Chevy RV

Hello,

Sorry to hear that.

I will also keep an eye out for it.

Regards,

Chevy RV

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Sorry to hear,,,but surely it would be very hard/risky to pass sometng like this on,what with not haveing the tax book of it and if i hear right there was no number plates onit either and if not insured thered be no reg number on the insurance disc as there is probably none on it,and then what is this age of a vehicle worth,if it was something alot newer well they would probably have ways and means of scamming it and would be financially worth the risk...Could be possible that someone stole it as a joke or as a means of getting to some where else,,Heres hopeing it will turn up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned up at Oxygen or at Glastonbury. Sounds like it was a planned job.

Hi everyone

First of all thanks for the good wishes and offers to look out for it.

The van has now been FOUND. It was parked up in a housing estate not 5 miles from where it was lifted. It had Cork plates on it, which matched to a similar van - so yes, definitely a planned job. I've no idea why they abandoned it, there was close to no diesel in it, so maybe they didn't bring any with them and were afraid of going into a filling station with CCTV.

Anyway, I'll be on to Dolmen insurance in the morning and will also make sure it's stored securely in future

thanks again
    Conor

Could a mod please edit the original post/ thread title to FOUND

Yeah ...glad it's been found!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement