Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHV Australia

Options
  • 28-05-2010 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi!

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can apply for the 1st WHV for a second time? I was over there a couple of years ago for a year and as far as i remember there wasnt an option then of gettin a 2nd year visa. Would love to go back.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Hi!

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can apply for the 1st WHV for a second time? I was over there a couple of years ago for a year and as far as i remember there wasnt an option then of gettin a 2nd year visa. Would love to go back.

Thanks!

When you were here the last time did you do any regional work?

Even though the 2nd WHV did not come into effect to 2007 believe it or not any evidence of regional work before 2007 can also be used.

one of my friends who were out here in 2004/2005 got a second bite of the cherry last year because he still had his payslips from working on the rigs in WA.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mememealways

No I didnt do any regional work while there, i was there in 2006! I was with a group of girls at the time, I wanted to work on a farm for a while for while just to say I had done it but as soon as the girls heard about spiders and snakes there was no way they would go! If only someone could invent a time machine!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

No I didnt do any regional work while there, i was there in 2006! I was with a group of girls at the time, I wanted to work on a farm for a while for while just to say I had done it but as soon as the girls heard about spiders and snakes there was no way they would go! If only someone could invent a time machine!!! :)

Yeah if you had have you would be laughing now.

Not much you can do about it now, Plenty of others got caught in the Bondi trap as well where as the few who did manage to do regional type work I would say few would have any evidence they actually did it pre 2007.

as far as the WHV option you are out of luck.

PS Snakes and spiders are part of the fun of Australia, cant see why anyone would want to miss out on the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mememealways

mandrake04 wrote: »
    PS Snakes and spiders are part of the fun of Australia, cant see why anyone would want to miss out on the experience.

Thats what I said!!!!!!

Thanks for your help anyway!

Advertisement