Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best wireless router for PS3, laptops and net radios?

Options
  • 28-05-2010 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Wonder can anyone help - I'm a complete noob.
    Wireless at home is a must with about five laptops around the place, net radios and the beloved PS3 running off it.
    Up until last Monday, we had no problems with our wireless connectivity.
    We're with BT but had been using the old Netopia router that came when we originally signed up with Eircom.
    With that playing up and connections starting to drop all over the place, we replaced it with a Belkin N+ F5D 8635-4v1.
    Initially everything was grand, got all the laptops and net radios connected, the only problem was with the PS3.
    Had a look online and discovered the Belkin router is a pile of ****e when it comes to online gaming so I played around with it, forwarding ports etc but still can't get the PS3 connected even though everything else was working
    Then this morning, the only thing in the house connecting to the router is my own laptop, nothing else. Cue some incredibly pissed off people.
    So could anyone lend me a helping hand in recommending a router that'll work no problem with BT wireless and get the laptops, PS3 and net radios back online? Cheers!

Advertisement