Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Lear Question.

Options
  • 28-05-2010 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I am really stuck for the King Lear question!:( The more I study it the more confused I get, when I do know it, its forgotten the next day!:(

Has anyone any tips on the best way to learn for it, or what questions could turn up, help would be really appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I know it's just seems like such a huge thing to break down into bits that you can manage. Hmm..

I have a quotes list with the quotes that I pulled out of my essays the other day and I know a lot of them already. I'm gonna stick with the ones I already have and not try to learn lots more because I'll just get really confused. Maybe you could do the same, like for instance just get about 20-30 quotes, I know it sounds like a lot but lots of them are just two words or so like the names that Lear calls the daughters so its not too bad. Try to get quotes of characters describing each other, one or two of the Fool's riddles and the important scenes.

At this point just focus on the main things that are most likely to come up like:

• Lear himself - 'A man more sinned against that sinning'
    Suffering and redemption

• Imagery

• A bit about the importance sub-plot and how it enhances the main one

• Nature

• Love

Hope that helps you. If you have notes just start learning those or the notes section in the back of your book because for me it just seems more manageable than going back through the entire play and freaking out :confused:

Advertisement