Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gossip Girl - Season 4 [US] **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I want to know what Lillys sister was trying to warn Lily about. :confused: Sounds juicy,

Little bit of an attraction between Charlie and Dan. His little watery smile made me swoon a little! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,200 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Renewed for Season 5 :)

Looks like Charlie has an obsession for Dan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ i was wondering about that!?....was Charlie just being Blairs minion, or was she trying to get Serena/Blair/Vanessa out of the picture so she could have him all to herself?
    Honestly, i couldn't figure her out....but she creeps around, snapping pics, tattling to GG and Serena. I really wasn't sure is she was psycho or being a good upper east sider!

I hate that prince Louis toff, i didn't think it was that great an ep., even the Dair stuff lacked any laughs....but Leighton was terrific in this ep.
    GG saw some gains this week, but 90210 is going strong:

- 1.736 million viewers
    - 1.1/2 HH
    - 0.9/3 A18-49
    - 1.1/4 A18-34
    - 1.3/4 W18-34

Gossip Girl
    - 1.549 million viewers
    - 1.0/2 HH
    - 0.8/2 A18-49
    - 1.1/3 A18-34
    - 1.7/5 W18-34

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Every episode of this show is the same. Love triangles, people jealous of exes, plots and schemes and it all ends at a fancy party.

Also this simple, country cousin is reminding me a lot of that cousin who was introduced in this season of 90210. I see her getting too sucked into Upper East Side life and turning bad and trying to steal someones boy, just like Jenny.

I'm also very uninterested in the storyline about Rena and her mother. I haven't seen enough of Rena to feel any sympathy or care about her.

Predicting season finale already- Blair leaves the Prince for Dan.

• Advertisement

Every episode of this show is the same. Love triangles, people jealous of exes, plots and schemes and it all ends at a fancy party.

Also this simple, country cousin is reminding me a lot of that cousin who was introduced in this season of 90210. I see her getting too sucked into Upper East Side life and turning bad and trying to steal someones boy, just like Jenny.

I'm also very uninterested in the storyline about Rena and her mother. I haven't seen enough of Rena to feel any sympathy or care about her.

Predicting season finale already- Blair leaves the Prince for Dan.Chuck

FYP ;)

I think Raina's mother is alive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

It wasn't as good an episode as I hoped, but that's because I read the spoilers for all the Dan and Blair stuff, so it wasn't as amazing as if I'd just been watching without knowing what was going to happen.

I don't mind Cousin Charlie so far, I didn't want to like her character because I'm all about Dair, but I thought she was interesting. Also, Eric's facial expression when the blast comes through showing the Dan and Blair kiss was the highlight of the episode. :D

Some promos for next week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApduXWIK2y8&feature=player_embedded

I love Crazy Chuck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbutmtMVZC8

Yay for Rufus!

^ FYI...the finale is a two parter, episode 21/22 on one night....seems to be a thing CW are doing with all shows this season.

Finale synopsis/spoilers....who will Blair choose????????

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/gossip-girl-episode-422-wrong-goodbye_28.html

Finale synopsis/spoilers....who will Blair choose????????

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/gossip-girl-episode-422-wrong-goodbye_28.html

Dan does not even seem to be in the equation for Blair so I guess he will get with Charlie

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/04/what-will-chuck-do-to-blair-on-gossip-girl/

^ Does Chuck hurt Blair?

• Advertisement

Wow the writers seem to really want us to dislike Chuck and prefer Blair with Louis :rolleyes: and looks like Charlie's crazy side is coming out more and more and she is nuts for Dan

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Wow the writers seem to really want us to dislike Chuck and prefer Blair with Louis :rolleyes: and looks like Charlie's crazy side is coming out more and more and she is nuts for Dan

The Charlie and Vanessa scene was my favourite of the episode.

coconut5 wrote: »
    The Charlie and Vanessa scene was my favourite of the episode.

I dont get the point of Vanessa tbh

I bet she saves Dan from Charlie and gets back in his good books *coughs* pants :rolleyes:

^ i loved Charlie turning to the Upper East (Dark) Side!...haha, she dropped Vanessa right in the sh!t, but experience tells us when called upon Vanessa is more then a match for these types, thus i'm sure she'll eek out some just deserts of her own.

Chuck, "there will be blood"...makes sense now, Chuck gone off the rails...cuts poor Blair by accident, i think there building Chuck up to a big season finale redemption. Serena....worst friend ever!, what a jealous spiteful little mare she is!

Blair looked beautiful in this ep. - twas all very fairytale princess stuff, Leighton would actually played a Disney princess type rather well in a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Serena is just such a horrible, self-centred person. Seriously!
    Charlie could be interesting, liked the scene with Vanessa and we still don't know what her "problem" is.
    The writers do seem to be pushing Louis at us and he does seem like a nice guy but I'm just not feeling Blair and him at all. He's not Chuck!

^ i wonder who the endgame is though?....Chair or Dair?, tbh...they should end the show with Blair a strong independent woman who dosen't need a man, off into the sunset to conquer the world :-)

Brutal numbers last night!...series low for GG, though still a 1.5 female demo:

90210 (96% coverage, now will CW’s normal)
    - 1.474 million viewers
    - 1.0/2 HH
    - 0.8/2 A18-49
    - 0.9/3 A18-34
    - 1.2/4 W18-34

Gossip Girl
    - 1.266 million viewers
    - 0.9/1 HH
    - 0.7/2 A18-49
    - 0.9/3 A18-34
    - 1.5/4 W18-34

It's intersting 90210 seems to always score hiugher in Adult 18-49, but it's the W18-34 that really counts.

I love EW's recaps; Vanessa: professional lurker :D

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/gossip-girl-season-4-episode-20/

Gossip Girl's executive producer Josh Safran has insisted that Chuck will never intentionally hurt Blair.

In the last episode of the show, Chuck (Ed Westwick) reacted furiously after discovering that Louis had proposed to Blair (Leighton Meester) and punched a glass wall. Blair ran away but her face was cut in the struggle.

However, Safran has now told E! Online that Blair is "not afraid" of her former boyfriend.

"We feel it's very important to know that she's not scared," he said. "If anything, she is scared for Chuck and what he might do to himself, but she is never scared of what he might do to her. Leighton and I were very clear about that."

Safran acknowledged that the relationship between Chuck and Blair is "volatile", but said: "I do not believe - or I should say we do not believe - that it is abuse when it's the two of them. Chuck does not try to hurt Blair. He punches the glass because he has rage, but he has never and will never hurt Blair. He knows it and she knows it."

Safran also revealed that there is "definitely a reckoning" for Chuck and promised that there will be "lovely moments and thrilling moments" in the upcoming two-part season finale.

"Episodes 21 and 22 take place in a little more than one night," he teased. "And then there's a little more jumping ahead like we have in the past. There are definitely cliffhangers.

"I'm trying to think, 'Do we tie stuff up in bows?' Well, every bow has a string that someone can pull, some I'm not entirely sure if we tied up anything... I feel like this year, more than ever before, the map of the next season will become very clear in the finale. So even when there are cliffhangers in this finale, they very much tell a story of where we are going."

Gossip Girl, which has been officially renewed for a fifth season, airs on Mondays at 9/8c on The CW in the US and on Wednesdays at 8pm on ITV2 in the UK.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/s83/gossip-girl/news/a317727/gossip-girl-exec-chuck-wont-hurt-blair.html

^ bollocks!...it IS an abusive relationship. They need to stop spinning the BS on this one!

• Advertisement

I wouldnt mind Charlie sticking around for Season 5 couldnt care less about Jenny, Vanessa, Raina or even Serena coming back

^ bollocks!...it IS an abusive relationship. They need to stop spinning the BS on this one!

http://perezhilton.com/2011-05-05-gossip-girl-glamorizes-abuse-between-chuck-and-blair

^ Perez agrees with you, have GG jumped the shark and ruined the show and the character of Chuck and supercouple "Chair" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

My new prediction for season finale is the wedding, I hope, and when it comes to I object, Chuck and Dan walk in :D I really would like to see it at least get to the wedding stage, cause that would be a few good scenes!

Serena is seriously getting on my nerves. Why is she so mad about the Blair and Dan kiss. Eh didn't she go after Nate who is Blair's ex, and she was friends with Vanessa when she went after Dan for the 5th or 6th time, after him and Vanessa broke up. Get off your high horse!

Knew the cousin would turn out evil! I like it so far! So glad Vanessa is leaving, been over her for at least a couple of seasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Serena is seriously getting on my nerves. Why is she so mad about the Blair and Dan kiss. Eh didn't she go after Nate who is Blair's ex, and she was friends with Vanessa when she went after Dan for the 5th or 6th time, after him and Vanessa broke up. Get off your high horse!
    Yes!And she slept with Nate when he and Blair were going out way back in the day!She's a terrible friend!

Sorry, I get a bit ranty when it comes to Serena...:mad:

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Yes!And she slept with Nate when he and Blair were going out way back in the day!She's a terrible friend!

Sorry, I get a bit ranty when it comes to Serena...:mad:

S'ok Foxy....i've always disliked Serena, my bigger issue is Blake lively, she is a terrible actress!, and her performance in The Town is WAY overrated :rolleyes:

Every ep. she dials it in, like she can't be arsed....she's a one note actress, no range, no emotion, bad attitude on the show. Say what you want but Leighton and Ed actually ACT, they put effort in each episode.

They are the only two actors on the show, the rest wanna clock out and get to a Vogue fashion show :rolleyes:

:mad:

Penn Badgley and Taylor Momsen are really good actors as well. But Leighton is the best actor on the show by miles. Her stories are always interesting because she makes them interesting.

coconut5 wrote: »
    Penn Badgley and Taylor Momsen are really good actors as well. But Leighton is the best actor on the show by miles. Her stories are always interesting because she makes them interesting.

Dan got interesting when he was hanging with Blair and I agree Penn is on ok actor but doesnt get to show this much on the show so far and the writers seem to have completely ended Dair which had potential but as for Taylor (Jenny) being a good actress I dont think so, she dont even want to be on the show and has the same sour expression constantly I hope she dont return.

GG returned on TG4 tonight

BREAKING NEWS! :D

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/gossip-girl-taylor-momsen-jessica-szohr-leaving/

Leaving aside the YAY! aspect, this screams of budget cuts, bye bye Vanessa! :p

Kaylee Defer promoted!

The insider also confirms that GG‘s core five — Blake Lively (Serena), Leighton Meester (Blair) Penn Badgley (Dan), Ed Westwick (Chuck) and Chace Crawford (Nate) — will all be back in the fall. Additionally, Kaylee DeFer — who joined the cast this spring as Serena’s rabble-rousing cousin Charlie — has been promoted to series regular status.

• Advertisement

:eek: - what an end!....oh sh!t!! :eek:
    Blair in deep do-do, pushed off the roof next week? :eek:

Bloody good episode!...Charlie has one way ticket to crazytown! :D
    Jack Bass playing the good guy :confused:
    Vanessa....pretty much a waste of screentime at this stage :rolleyes:
    Very solid ep. the best since the mid season break, can't wait until next week! :P

Who were those two 12 year old girls on the stairs Chuck was talking to end the end?....um, did they win a competition to make a cameo or something??

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/gossip-girl-season-4-episode-21/

Advertisement