Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gossip Girl - Season 4 [US] **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Fantastic episode, best in awhile for sure. Actually dying to see next weeks, the tension! :D

@Richard Dower: Those girls were in an episode or 2 before, waaaaaaay back in Season 2 I think? Serena and Dan bumped into them in the park and they aired their opinions on their relationship. I guessing they're meant to be the "next" Blair & Serena.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,195 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Georgina's back? Well you just KNOW there's gonna be trouble now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Cracking episode! I was starting to get bored of GG but this definitely puts it back on track. Stupid Raina, why didn't she say Nate told her! Then Thorpe wouldn't be out to get Blair! From the promo video, looks like that situation gets a little crazy.
    Jeez that Charlie one is a weirdo ("call me Serena"...freak), looks like she gets
    a bit suicidal
    next week judging from the promo vid!
    First time in a while I can't wait til next week's episode :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

That episode was GG at its soapiest and most ridiculous, but I did enjoy it.
    The moment between Charlie and Dan in the principal's office was genius! :D Dan's face!
    Missing the Dan and Blair interaction big time - hoping for something next week as its the finale!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

MY GOD! What a turnaround, and Jack?! WTF?

I think I have seen those younger kids before in other episodes.....HURRY UP NEXT TUESDAY. I'm dying to see what Charlie does.....the hot and heavy scene was really wierd.....:eek::rolleyes::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I have officially gone off Chuck.
    Vanessa....pretty much a waste of screentime at this stage :rolleyes:
    I do laugh at how she just pops out from behind walls and strategically placed pot plants to listen to private conversations though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Namlub wrote: »
    I have officially gone off Chuck.

I do laugh at how she just pops out from behind walls and strategically placed pot plants to listen to private conversations though...

Vanessa....professional eavesdropper ;)

Steamy scene in the headmasters office, wasn't that a repeat from season 1?....and also the Chuck/Blair scene earlier this season?....think even Dan acknowledged he'd been in there after the school pool party fiasco in S1.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Call me Serena :pac::pac:

Call me Serena :pac::pac:

Yeah, but for a second....Dan was into it!!!!!! :p

Very low numbers for 90210/GG:

- 1.432 million viewers
    - 1.0/2 HH
    - 0.7/2 A18-49
    - 0.8/3 A18-34
    - 1.2/4 W18-34

Gossip Girl
    - 1.201 million viewers
    - 0.9/1 HH
    - 0.6/2 A18-49
    - 0.9/3 A18-34
    - 1.4/4 W18-34

• Advertisement

Also! So Blair kisses Dan and Serena wages a mini war on her, but its fine that her cousin dates him!

Buh-bye Eric!

Don't expect Eric to play a significant part in Gossip Girl season 5, he is a series regular in ABC's Revenge and is thus committed to that, infact if Revenge premieres in the Fall and gets a back nine, don't expect any Eric in Gossip Girl season 5, just a mention that he went to college.

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/05/gossip-girl-goodbye-eric-conner-paolos.html#ixzz1MIJ4XDxa

I think Charlie could be Serena's half sister same daddy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Charlie could be Serena's half sister same daddy

:eek: Daddy Van Der Woodsen porked BOTH sisters?....... :eek:
    That's classic GG :P

Buh-bye Eric!

Don't expect Eric to play a significant part in Gossip Girl season 5, he is a series regular in ABC's Revenge and is thus committed to that, infact if Revenge premieres in the Fall and gets a back nine, don't expect any Eric in Gossip Girl season 5, just a mention that he went to college.

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/05/gossip-girl-goodbye-eric-conner-paolos.html#ixzz1MIJ4XDxa

He never played a significant part in any season.

I like Eric and would have liked to have seen more of him. He always just seemed to be conveniently there when some sort of plot was going on, and any story lines he had always seemed to just happen to facilitate the main character's stories. Like his friendship with that drug guy whose name I forget this season was really just so that he could blackmail Lilly with the truth about the court case.

I'll miss him, but not really, if that makes sense.

Season finale tonight....'cited!

Book author to cameo: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/16/gossip-girl-cecily-von-ziegesar/

YES!....brilliant brilliant episode!!!....omg!, soo many twists and things to cover!, first off....that was one of the best written episodes i've seen since probably season 1!

It was superbly done, very well constructed as well!, those last 15 mins were truely excellent!, as to the twists....so cousin Charlie isin't really real! :eek:
    Ivy, playing a part....i did NOT see that coming!, but wait.....she's going back to the Upper East Side to once again play at being Charlie? :eek: = :D

Nice scheme there from Lilys sister!, i guess she wanted the cash + not have to involve her daughter by using a doppleganger.

And the end......... :eek: , who's preggo?....Blair or Serena?...i guess they want us to think Blair and it's Chucks, since three weeks passed, but i wouldn't rule out Serena!

Nice cameos, David O Russell + Cecily Von GG author, Vanessa.... :mad: , evil to the end, stole Dans book and pocketed the cash :mad:

Yeah you better feck off to Spain byiotch! :mad:
    Chuck got his redemption, let Blair go....loved him saying what we all think, they bring out the dark side in each other. As they both acknowledge chemistry and a fiery relationship is not what Blair needs.

Seems like Eric and Raina are gone, Georgina was kinda wasted but great to see her, she had a few good zingers! :P

Be interesting if she comes back season season and works with Charlie, um...i mean Ivy ;)
    That was a great season finale, very enjoyable, i loved how the tone of the last 15 mins was totally different, almost a series finale vibe, all introspective and saying goobye.

Roll on september!

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/gossip-girl-season-4-episode-22/2/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

Agree Richard, great episode. The Dan and Vanessa fight was my favourite part. I thought it was a brilliant twist, and puts Dan on a level with the other Upper East Siders. It should set up a brilliant storyline for season 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Chucks willingness to let Blair go and his sincerity in speaking had me in tears! Chuck is the true prince saving her from the big bad wolf......

I wonder what is gonna happen next season, the royal wedding...will chuck stick his nose in...an Ivy?! OMG what a turn around! :) well done! I didn't expect that.

I hate Vanessa for what she has done to Dan. :(

Charlie/Ivy shocker was a nice twist never expected that

I hope Georgina is back full time next season

I was teary eyed at the "Chair" last scene Blair needs to dump Louis the love triangle should be between Chuck/Blair/Dan and btw I hope it is Blair preggers and that the daddy could be Dan :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Charlie/Ivy shocker was a nice twist never expected that

I hope Georgina is back full time next season

I was teary eyed at the "Chair" last scene Blair needs to dump Louis the love triangle should be between Chuck/Blair/Dan and btw I hope it is Blair preggers and that the daddy could be Dan :p

I agree I was expecting charlie to be bi-polar or something ala 90210, but i never expected that plot! i can't wait to see how it pans out, esp since after what happened this season you would expect half the gang to be doing background checks on everyone they let in.

the Chuck/Blair thing had me bawling at the computer monitor it was the sweetest moment i have to say they are the best actors by a mile in the show!

i normally HATE Georgina, but i loved her so much in this episode, she made me laugh out loud in that bit with her husband and the bores! :pac:

LOL!....GG fans have given Charlie/Ivy a shipper title....Chivy......lol!
    Will they ever reveal WHO exactly GG is?....who is GG in the books? [add spoilers]. but i'd guess they'd change it from the books.

Chucks willingness to let Blair go and his sincerity in speaking had me in tears! Chuck is the true prince saving her from the big bad wolf......

Oh God, I was bawling during that scene - probably the most beautiful yet tragic scene in the entire series. Utterly heart wrenching. Chuck's pained look as Blair went to Louis was just so sad.
    LOL!....GG fans have given Charlie/Ivy a shipper title....Chivy......lol!
    Will they ever reveal WHO exactly GG is?....who is GG in the books? [add spoilers]. but i'd guess they'd change it from the books.

GG is never revealed in the books either I don't think. I read all of them years ago and I'm 99& certain it was never explained. I don't expect it ever to be in the series either.

Roll on September!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I watched all the episodes post-break (18-22) in succession, or rather I attempted.

18-20 were awful, awful episodes. So boring that it took me days to watch those 3. Can't remember but I think 19 was the worst episode of GG I'd ever seen.

I think this show really needs to wrap up next season tbh.

What I will say is that the final 2 episodes of the season were great, the finale being by far the best episode of the season. I just hope they really ramp it up next year and make IMO 12 quality episodes with a good mid-season finale and then finish up season 5 with another strong 12 episodes.
    I know that's not usually the way GG works, rather focusing on the finale being the big cliffhanger... but it's not working and I hope they see that. So what if they have a strong first 5 and last 2... that's 7 out of 22 episodes!

Anyway, I know it's CW's darling show but here's to hoping for season 5 to be good and maybe a wrap up in season 6!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Won't add much more than everyone else has already said but I thought this was a great Finale episode. We need more Georgina next season though!

I'm for Blair and Dan too. I think they have the whole love/hate vibe but a mutual respect and a lot in common so come on Blair, it's the best of both worlds!!

Blake Lively has admitted that the attention of the paparazzi and tabloid press help boost the ratings of Gossip Girl.

The actress told The Independent that the people behind the series are fine with the stars of the show being the topic of newspaper gossip.

"It makes sense to draw parallels between the show and what goes on in my real life," Lively said.

"The characters on the show are somewhat famous in the world that they inhabit and they make stuff up and people are documenting what they do all the time and so being in the tabloids no doubt helps keep our ratings high, and if we don't like it, I'm sure our producers don't mind."

Lively again explained that she is not like her character Serena van der Woodsen, adding: "I wear pretty clothes and live in New York so people think I'm very similar to her; they see her talk and interact in their homes once a week and they probably assume that is who I am, but it's not me.

"None of it is mine. It's nice to play dress-up, it's like being a little girl and putting on make-up and outfits. I grew up in Burbank and I love living in New York City so much [because of the shopping] and I now have a way better wardrobe."

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/s83/gossip-girl/news/a321852/blake-lively-tabloids-help-gossip-girl-ratings.html

^ ugh!...superficial cow!

^ Isnt she suppose to be with Leo Di Caprio now

^ Isnt she suppose to be with Leo Di Caprio now

yeah, Leo dropped Bar Rafeili superduper model for, her :confused:

I think Leighton is the better actress and much prettier imo

• Advertisement

LOL!....Vanessa doing the "i'm not bothered, i was ready to move on" routine :-)

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/hwood_party_girl/b244141_jessica_szohr_on_leaving_gossip_girl_im.html?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_tv-movies

^ --> "The only place this girl's career is going is straight to video." :D

Advertisement