Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gossip Girl - Season 4 [US] **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I've no news!...oh dear, um...shameless bump it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Another mediocre episode this week, Dan/Serena/Nate/Jessica thing is SO old I literally don't think I can handle it anymore. lol

Only redeeming quality of the episode is that Serena is still alone and Jenny is still M.I.A.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,200 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Chuck is responsible for bringing back Jenny

Best ep. of the season thus far?...me thinks yes!, that was the GG of old i remember, Chuck and Blair were superb and stole every scene, had some brilliant lines and the plotting and scheming is reaching new levels of class.

But, something weird happened in this ep. - i actually felt sorry for Vanessa!!...wtf??....she actually cried on command pretty well, Juliet is getting better to, setting up Vanessa and manipulating things.

Chuck enlists the help of one of the queen B's?....interesting, Jenny back next week? (sic), ahh GG.....just when i think you're the worst thing on tv and nothing can save you, you go and get all good on me!

The CW’s 90210 scored a 1.6 rating in their target women 18-34 demo, and Gossip Girl’s 2.3 rating for women 18-34 was down 18% from last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Chuck enlists the help of one of the queen B's?....interesting, Jenny back next week? (sic), ahh GG.....just when i think you're the worst thing on tv and nothing can save you, you go and get all good on me!

tell me about it i was just going to wait for itv to show it, but now i want to know whats going to happen!!! :o

• Advertisement

Chuck is badass this episode, but the STD story is really ridiculous.

You know what else? The best place to hatch a scheme is probably not on a prison phone btw... those things are tapped and bugged the whole time.

What else? Oh yeah, Vanessa is back to being an annoying little bítch.
    Serena can't get places on time = great story :rolleyes:

Basically this episode was a snorefest. I just wish something interesting would happen.

On the bright side: NO JENNY (yet)!

Ratings for last night, the crucial W18-34 demo is the second highest after TVD, season 5 pretty much guaranteed, 90210 is doing quite well this season, much better then season 2:

- 1.811 million viewers
    - 1.2/2 HH
    - 0.9/2 A18-49
    - 1.2/4 A18-34
    - 1.7/5 W18-34

Gossip Girl
    - 1.780 million viewers
    - 1.2/2 HH
    - 0.9/2 A18-49
    - 1.4/4 A18-34
    - 2.3/6 W18-34

Sneak peak video featuring Tim Gun and little J.: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/gossip-girl-episode-406-easy-j-sneak.html

I Google racoon eyes...look what popped up!!

http://marietran.blogspot.com/2009/07/raccoon-eyes.html

:-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Loving Gossip Girl this season it keeps getting better and better, was thinking of having a Gossip Girl night in with a few sisters some of them need to catch up and I wouldn't mind re-watching the older series :D:D

Honestly...if i had to rewatch any old GG eps. my brain would turn to fizz, Pocket :-)

I've got a chill down my spine, wonder what it's from?
    Oh wait!....little J. is back tonight (sigh).

Promo for NEXT weeks episode:

I love when they do those Blair dream sequences :-)
    Jenny wasn't half bad, i bet they had to some some major retakes and editing though :-)
    Tim Gunn was class.

Blair was looking hot in her dream sequence this week. Serena did not look good, especially that weird top. I mean I'm totally into her boobs, but it looked strange!

Pretty ok episode, a bit slow perhaps. Jenny was not as annoying as usual, but still enjoyed her absence.

Just as an addition that I forgot to say in my last post. Yet another episode in which Chuck and Blair steal the show. Definitely the best characters on a week to week basis.

So Colin is part of Juilet's plan also

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Colin is part of Juilet's plan also
    Yeah, he seems to be the money man. How is he connected to the guy in jail though?

Kevin Zegers has reportedly signed up to return to Gossip Girl.

Zegers first appeared in the show as Damien Dalgaard in the third season.

Damien, who is the son of the Belgian ambassador, began dating Jenny (Taylor Momsen), but it emerged that he was also involved in dealing drugs.

E! Online reports that Zegers has now signed up to appear in another episode and will star in more later in the season.

90210 is holding up VERY well against GG and TVD in the women demo,,,,it's numbers have improved alot this season, a reflection of the increase in quality or drama perhaps?

In overall viewers 90210 has consistently been around 2m, it's female demo numbers have improved quite a bit, i think this new pairing is doing quite well:

- 2.026 million viewers
    - 1.3/2 HH
    - 1.0/3 A18-49
    - 1.4/4 A18-34
    - 2.0/6 W18-34

Gossip Girl
    - 1.876 million viewers
    - 1.3/2 HH
    - 1.0/2 A18-49
    - 1.4/4 A18-34
    - 2.2/6 W18-34

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I'm dying to know why Juliet and her brother are out to get everyone!

Good episode, nice to see Jenny back, I actually like her :P Is she disappearing for another while though with the whole "going back to Hudson" thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I liked it. Love the twist with Serena's new man.

It did make me sad to see Blair in that tight dress at the event. Its just not fair to flaunt these figures in front of me! I should watch Gossip Girl at the gym for motivation

I liked it. Love the twist with Serena's new man.

It did make me sad to see Blair in that tight dress at the event. Its just not fair to flaunt these figures in front of me! I should watch Gossip Girl at the gym for motivation

I agree! They're all so gorgeous. Serena's outfit at the event thing was AWFUL though. They dress her in such dodgy things sometimes - she's stunning but not even she could pull off that monstrosity >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Hotaru wrote: »
    I agree! They're all so gorgeous. Serena's outfit at the event thing was AWFUL though. They dress her in such dodgy things sometimes - she's stunning but not even she could pull off that monstrosity >_>

The shoulder pads! I was actually thinking at the time, finally Serena doesn't look perfect!

Still pretty close though.

The shoulder pads! I was actually thinking at the time, finally Serena doesn't look perfect!

Still pretty close though.

Well she looked a hell of a lot better in it than I would anyway :p

But yea, shoulder pads ew >_<

I thought shoulder pads went out with Dynasty?

A spokesperson for 'Gossip Girl' stars Blake Lively and Penn Badgley has confirmed that they have split up.
    People magazine reports that the 23-year-olds were first romantically linked in 2007 and went public with their relationship in 2008, appearing together at events and holding hands.
    They were seen shopping together in New York last weekend.
    In 'Gossip Girl' the stars' characters, Serena van der Woodsen and Dan Humphrey, were also romantically involved and then split up.

No wonder now Blake wants off the show

Something weird about that... they're saying they broke up in September, but nobody on set knew and none of their friends knew.

Plus they were seen shopping and kissing at a Yankees game like a month ago (I think)

^ implying staged setup?....i'm not arsed if they split or Blake leaves...she's woeful, the show would survive without her quite easily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Just caught up on all the episodes now! That last one was great, the whole Chuck/Blair storyline is basically the whole reason I watch. When they touched hands you could nearly see the sparks!
    Serena looked absolutely awful in that weird top she was wearing.
    Surprisingly, I didn't mind Jenny so much at the beginning of the episode, I actually kinda liked her. But went right back to not liking her again by the end of the episode. I think it's just Taylor Momsen that I don't like at this stage rather than Jenny Humphrey.
    I'm disappointed that Colin is involved in the whole Juliet plan, I thought he and Serena would've been good together.

Advertisement