Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gossip Girl - Season 4 [US] **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,200 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I honestly thought it was going to be Georgina and Carter helping Juliet instead now we get Vanessa and Jenny :(

Some great lines from Blair LOL

"The only way to end this once and for all is to have a Bassectomy

There's a Bass on the loose and it's hungry"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Yep, great one liners from Blair...she got all the best scenes and lines, but i'm SICK to death of the Serena-man-merry-go-round. It's just the same plotline repeated endlessly, Dan and Nate and Serena.

How many times have they used this whole triangle crap?...that end, Racoon eyes is back!, with added frienemies Vanessa and Juliet, weird trio....no competition for the true Upper East Siders.

Pretty good ep. - i've enjoyed this season of GG alot more then S2/3...which was like pulling teeth.

Ep. 9 promo:

Oh...and limo sex, version 2.0! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Some great lines from Blair LOL

"The only way to end this once and for all is to have a Bassectomy

There's a Bass on the loose and it's hungry"

Agreed! That Bassectomy line was great!
    i'm SICK to death of the Serena-man-merry-go-round. It's just the same plotline repeated endlessly, Dan and Nate and Serena.

Couldn't agree more. It's starting to get on my nerves now. I liked Colin and wish he stayed for a few more episodes.
    I'm so disappointed in Vanessa this episode. I never really liked her as a character but now it's actual dislike.

And as for the promo for next week - are they actually recycling an old episode? The whole mistaken identity at the masquerade ball thing is OLD.

^ series 1 had the masquerade ball, but at least they are rehashing good elements from S1.

Yes I am tired also of the Serena man merry go round especially with Dan and Nate involved they need to move on

I quite liked Nate with Juliet but I guess she will be gone soon

Serena was best imo with Carter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Seriously?! Choosing between Dan and Nate AGAIN? Haven't we been through this? I love Serena but throughout this whole episode all I could think was "Jaysus, she's a bit of a whore isn't she?" :P

Otherwise I love the direction the other storylines are going in. The Blair & Chuck debacle is awesome - I didn't think they'd be able to get more out of their relationship in this season but I was proven wrong. And the ending again... so sweet.

Still dying to find out why Juliet & Ben have been plotting against Serena. What did she DO?? Tell us already >_> Glad Juliet is starting to get caught out - I really don't like her. Not sure I'm too hot on this Juliet, Vanessa & Jenny pairing - I think Vanessa is too good deep down to really go through with the whole scheming thing. She's almost always done the right thing in the end every other time - and she doesn't even know Juliet set her up yet :/

Good episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Lovely little scene at the end there with Chuck and Blair.

Serena is unbelievably annoying these days. She just swans around trying to decide between her legions of men. I cannot take much more of her Nate/Dan drama. Ben gave up his job for her and suddenly she's like "yeah...I'm actually just going to go off with this other guy". What a b!tch!!

The Juliette/Ben thing is getting more interesting. I'm guessing Ben is in prison for "killing" that guy (maybe he was a dealer or stumbled on the scene or something) and that he's obviously pissed at Serena for getting away scot-free. But if that were true, he'd be after Georgina too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'd trade Juliet for Serena any day. The whole Dan/Nate thing is so boring and annoying now it's ridiculous.

Vanessa is getting ready for her exit from the show I think. At least this has picked up a bit since last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'd trade Juliet for Serena any day. The whole Dan/Nate thing is so boring and annoying now it's ridiculous.

Vanessa is getting ready for her exit from the show I think. At least this has picked up a bit since last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Was hoping Jenny would be away longer.

Loving Chuck and Blair. Serena's storyline... Bleh

I really wish Dan would go out with someone who isn't Serena or Vanessa.

• Advertisement

They never ever write Serena other then a boy changing slutbag!....her character has not developed since season 1, all her plotlines revolve around choosing which guys to shag and wash, rinse, repeat!

Utterly tired of it now, they seem incapable of giving ANY of the others beside C & B a proper story or a personality, has Dan or Nate ever done anything remotely interesting or funny?

Vanessa.......zzzzzzzzzzzz, at least Jenny got some good plotlines in her time and added some drama, even the adults don't do much, without Chuck and Blair (who also happen to be the best actors) this show would be dead, i'm tired of seeing Serena's slurred delivery of lines and half drunk expression on her face in every scene.

[rant over]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I thought the latest episode was a barrel of laughs with regards to Blair and Chuck, I just couldn't stop laughing!

Serena, just feck off for a while you're gonna hurt everyone around you.

I'm a bit intrigued with the whole storyline that is developing between Juliet, Little J, and Vanessa. They gonna bring out some WHOPASS! They'll never knock Blair! :eek:

LOL!...the three witches do some plotting :-)

I kinda liked Dan and Nate together in this episode they have chemsitry if the writers ever want to go down that route :p

Chuck and Blair again were the best part of the show amazing chemistry

Jenny and Vanessa dont think much about Dan as is hurt also by their revenge plans for Serena

It sounds like Serena had an affair with a teacher who I guess is Ben and he went to jail as she was underage

In the end Jenny, Juliet and Vanessa are just jealous of Serena and want what she has

That Chuck/Blair scene was HOT as hell!....the chemistry, the sexual electricity!....brilliant scene, ep. was ok, not as good as some of the others this season. Juliet kidnapped Serena?, Jenny wasn't too annoying in this ep. thank god.

Dan and Nate....two biggest dullards and waste of space ever, they have this utterly defeated look on their faces all the time, like they really don't wanna be on this show. The whole Dan/Nate/Serena thing is working my last nerve, Serena acts all innocent....but she's shagged half of the upper east side!!

Biggest slapper on tv!.....she's got the most punch drunk face i've ever seen!!

That episode was a bit too over-dramatic for my liking - masquerade, revealing Chuck & Blair, and drugging and kidnapping Serena!?
    Promo for next week looks good, I'm looking forward to that. And thank god Serena finally chooses by the looks of it!
    Also agree about the Chuck & Blair scene - whoever shoots them is a master at showing the chemistry between the two.. Was getting seriously hot under the collar ;)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s83/gossip-girl/news/a289332/momsens-gossip-girl-role-cut-down.html
    Taylor Momsen's role on Gossip Girl has reportedly been cut down.
    The actress plays Jenny on the show and is named as a series regular, but has only appeared in three episodes of the current season.
    Deadline claims that Momsen will begin an indefinite hiatus following the next episode.
    Sources suggested that she will miss at least four instalments but insisted that the decision was taken for creative reasons rather than because of her off-screen behaviour.
    The actress was described by guest star Tim Gunn as "pathetic" and a "diva" on set and has recently been criticised for smoking, carrying knives, and flashing at a concert.
    Representatives for The CW and Warner Bros declined to comment.

:)

Will anyone be complaining :rolleyes: I think not

No Gossip Girl this week? Boo urns.

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b212753_gossip_girl_taylor_momsen_isnt_going.html?cmpid=sn-000000-twitterfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_topstories
    Taylor Momsen has been largely MIA this season on Gossip Girl. So when the Deadline story broke that she's being "sidelined," it only made sense. After all, how long can the CW support this girl's massive eyeliner addiction? And of course, there are those ever-growing rumors of diva-ish behavior. (We even heard it from Tim Gunn!)
    So this may surprise you, but according to multiple sources connected to the series:

Taylor "isn't going anywhere" and the behavior issues are "nothing new."
    Like the other original Gossip castmembers, Taylor is contracted through season seven, and I'm told she'll remain a part of the series moving forward. We just won't see her in every episode.

I'm happy that she won't be in it as much but I wish she'd just go completely. I don't think she's needed in the show at all. She's a few years younger than the rest of them and now that most are in college and the like I just don't see how she can fit into storylines. She's just one of those annoying characters that pops up for no reason at all. Take last week's episode... I'm sure Juliet could have got revenge on Serena without any help from Jenny. She was having a good stab at it before she even knew who Jenny was! As far as I can tell a lot of people don't like Jenny's character or Taylor Momsen so why do they keep her on when she has such an attitude??
    OK end of rant :o

Also, No Gossip Girl this week :( Talk about disappointment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Are ye all on something? Jenny makes the show, I cannot wait for the day she goes up and slaps Blair across the face and screams "GROW THE FCUK UP!". I mean all this banning stuff was somewhat passable when they were in high-school but now that they are in 2nd year college? Ir's ridiculous.

Resi12 wrote: »
    Are ye all on something? Jenny makes the show, I cannot wait for the day she goes up and slaps Blair across the face and screams "GROW THE FCUK UP!". I mean all this banning stuff was somewhat passable when they were in high-school but now that they are in 2nd year college? Ir's ridiculous.

Jenny was tolerable in Season 1 but she is damn annoying now and I think Taylor wants off the show to concentrate on her rock career

I like Jenny but in no way does she make the show - that accomplishment will forever be Blair & Chucks! :D

I weep at the loss of Little J. - not!, tbf to Jenny....she adds more drama then dullards like Vanessa, Dan and Nate....but she just annoys me now and i want her gone.

No new ep. until Monday, is it just one or until the break or two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Hotaru wrote: »
    I like Jenny but in no way does she make the show - that accomplishment will forever be Blair & Chucks! :D

Yes they just make the show repetitive droll, will they get back back together or will they? Please..

They bring passion and excitement to the show - I have to say, I do have butterflies in my stomach and even the odd blush when it comes down to Blair & Chuck's will they, won't they? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Now I love the Chuck and Blair drama, its great! But realistically I don't think they should be together. They bring out the worst in each other with all the plotting and destruction. I think the episode with Jack and Chuck and Blair all trading the hotel off for sex just showed that, and the Jenny escapade.

And then it was just made more obvious with the Eva character, bringing out a much better side of Chuck.

Blair and Chuck are just going to destroy each other.

But then it wouldnt be such good television!

^ i agree Chuck n Blair in the long term = nuclear destruction!, they just can't help sabotaging each other. In the long term i guess Blair will end up with some rich and rather dull made man, but C&B make for good tv!

New ep. tonight - woo!

Ohh!...the drama! :eek: ...pretty solid ep. with Serena in all sorts of trouble, finally Juliet got evil and really dropped her in it!...it's personal now with Juliet ;)

Even more reasons to rejoice was Vanessa was well and truely dropped in the sh*t by Little J.! :D , i griined with glee when she got that text message, wish i had a screencap of her stunned mug! :P

Very good ep. overall, so is V and Little J. on extended hiatus then?...lets hope!, but Blair is going all frontier justice now on Juliets a**, can't wait to see that pan out.

So is this it now until March :confused: [edit...nah, another one next week]

Katie Cassidy is leaving, aw!

• Advertisement

There was a lack of Chuck in the latest episode for me :(

Advertisement