Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gossip Girl - Season 4 [US] **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Episode 10 = what a snore-fest.

Serena overdose was ridiculous. Lilly crying to Dan with that soppy background music made me :rolleyes:

The whole episode felt like one of those made for TV daytime stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,200 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Blair and Dan have a heart to heart with Damien about his involvement with Serena's drug mishap in tonight's episode

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Blair and Dan have a heart to heart with Damien about his involvement with Serena's drug mishap in tonight's episode
    The Belgian kid? We haven't seen him for a while I thought?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Midseason finale tonight for GG + 90210
    Mr Cannon might return to give Naomi a "surprise :-)

So Lily becomes the villian and is this the start of a Dan and Blair relationship hopefully not
    Jack Bass is coming back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Fantastic episode. Finally all the questions have been answered! I thought they did very well too, I was on edge for the entire episode :p

Lily Van Der Woodsen just went waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down in my rankings >_<

This was an amazing half season - I actually think this was one of the best storylines so far, no doubt. Previous storylines, new characters, old characters... they all just tied in perfectly. Brilliant.

So Lily becomes enemy #1....i thought the first half of the ep. was rather dull, but it got much better in the second half. The half season story arc got tied up....Juliet got off scott free??

Legally Ben might not have done anything but i think the school was well within it's rights to fire him, but he shouln't have been sent down to protect Serena. She's no innocent.

I'm actually liking this Dan/Blair bonding, i don't think they'll go for a romance....i see more a friendship developing, another female for Dan to save, they had pretty good chemistry in this ep.

Overall an average ep. and not a cliffhanger in sight.

Promo for 4x12, returns Monday January 24th:

Actually a good episode. I hope
    Jack isn't coming back!

Just when I thought we were finished with the Lilly/Rufus drama it's all back :o

I did quite enjoy Dan/Blair this week. Is that the end of Juliet.

I liked Chuck at the end "goodbye friends, Dan."

OisinT wrote: »
    Actually a good episode. I hope
    Jack isn't coming back!

Just when I thought we were finished with the Lilly/Rufus drama it's all back :o

I did quite enjoy Dan/Blair this week. Is that the end of Juliet.

I liked Chuck at the end "goodbye friends, Dan."

Did you spot that as well? :D ...haha, look on Dan's face was priceless! :p

Two seasons left?....i guess this means Meester and the others are contracted through season 6, imo it should end then, they are just rehashing the same storylines again and again, it also noteworthy that GG is almost at syndication status with 87 episodes....CW could order a 13 ep. season 5 and it would be enough:

Get ready to say goodbye to Gossip Girl as we know it.

The show's not closing shop just yet, but Leighton Meester tells me she already knows when she'll be exiting the hit prime-time soap...

"Two more years," she told me yesterday at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills, while promoting her new movie, Country Strong.

Why then? "Because we're under contract," she said matter-of-factly.

While Meester said she "obviously enjoys working on the show and living in New York," she also explained that producers and the network have been more understanding than ever before about Leighton and her costars taking time off or jiggering schedules in order to pursue other projects, particularly movies. "It allows you to be ready for when the show's over," she said.

Will the entire series end in two years, too? "I don't know," Meester said, "but I think there's that old saying about wanting to go out on top."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Hmmmm... if they want to go out on top they'd want to be ending it sooner >_< Much as I love Gossip Girl, I hate to say it entirely dragged out and really hit the gutter. One more season should be the absolute most that they do and certainly not 2 more...

If the characters of Blair and Chuck leave the shows needs to end they make the show for me by far the best characters on the show

Meh...Daddy Van Der Woodsen is coming back:

Fresh off his recurring stint on NBC's Parenthood (where he played Lauren Graham's boss and boyfriend), Billy Baldwin is headed back to Gossip Girl to reprise his role as William van der Woodsen, father to Serena (Blake Lively) and Eric (Connor Paolo) and the ex-husband of Lily (Kelly Rutherford). He's slated to appear in at least two episodes of the CW soap.

Source - Digital Spy
    Illeana Douglas is to make a guest appearance on The CW's Gossip Girl.
    TVLine reports that the actress will play Carol, the older sister of Lily (Kelly Rutherford), in a forthcoming episode.
    The character will first appear in an episode scheduled for early April and could recur throughout the fourth season.
    The role of Carol was previously played by Breaking Bad star Krysten Ritter in a flashback episode.
    Gossip Girl's executive producer Stephanie Savage has dropped some hints about what is to come for Serena and Ben in the future.
    In the last episode of the show it emerged that Lily (Kelly Rutherford) had falsely accused Ben (David Call) of having an affair with Serena (Blake Lively), who was his student at the time. After discovering the news, Serena went to visit Ben.
    "The biggest obstacle for them will be can Ben ever actually get over what Serena's family put him through," Savage told TV Line.
    "It's fine to blame Lily, but at a certain point it becomes part of a larger conversation about who these people are and how they conduct themselves. And just the reality of Ben trying to get on his feet and figure out what he's going to do with his life is pretty challenging now, and how does Serena fit into that equation - if she does at all?"
    Gossip Girl returns for a new episode on January 24 on The CW.

Gossip Girl has solved its Aunt Carol problem.

The CW soap has recruited Lost‘s Sheila Kelley to guest star as Lily’s sister Carol after Illeana Douglas was forced to drop out at the 11th hour for scheduling reasons.

The character, who is slated to show up in the spring, was originally played by Krysten Ritter in GG‘s season 2 flashback episode/backdoor spinoff pilot.

Source: TVline.com

It is back tonight.

Woo!...loves me some GG and lesser 90210 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I want to see what happened over Winter break, there is some tension between Dan and Blair. They are actually hanging out together.....love story there opposites attract and all that?!

I also want to see what happens between Serena and Ben... (he's such a hottie!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Soooooooooo sick of Dan and Serena. They just need to let it go now!

I'm actually sick of the show in general. It's the same shít over and over tbh.

The lines are quite cringeworthy too. Has it always been this bad, or is it just a huge drop in quality since the break?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

The lines are quite cringeworthy too. Has it always been this bad, or is it just a huge drop in quality since the break?

Every episode involves an evil plot by Blair or Chuck, some kind of love quadrangle with Serena, and it always ends with a big blowout at a black tie event and then everyone makes up afterwards. I'm finding the episodes so long! Bores me!

90210 is much better these days. This weeks episode had me on the edge of my seat shouting at the screen :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Hmm possible Blair and Dan fling? That would be... weird!?

I know it's only one ep. since the Winter break, but i get the feeling it'll be a season of two halves. The first 11 were well plotted out and had an overall arc a la Juliet. But i fear based on thise ep. we're back to the badly plotted and haphazard storytelling.

Not much to report in this ep. but i am liking the whole Dan/Blair dynamic....they have good banter and putdowns....you can tell B. wants to hang out with lonely boy, i think she's kinda crushing on him a bit :)

Dan may be boring but at least he's not a man wh*re like Chuck and Nate. Though i'm not sure if they belong together...too early too tell. lol at the girls in Chuck's limo....boobs-a-poppin' :eek:

Average ep. overall.

Wow!...the ratings are quite shocking, these are some of the lowest numbers for GG since the show started, but the women demo held up better, but still much lower then other episodes. Simply put...Pretty Little Liars is DESTROYING everything in it's wake:

- 1.694 million viewers
    - 1.1/2 HH
    - 0.9/2 A18-49
    - 1.1/3 A18-34
    - 1.7/5 W18-34

Gossip Girl
    - 1.582 million viewers
    - 1.0/2 HH
    - 0.9/2 A18-49
    - 1.2/4 A18-34
    - 1.9/5 W18-34

Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family, 8pm)
    - 3.173 million viewers
    - 1.9/3 HH
    - 1.2/3 A18-49
    - 2.7/7 W18-34
    - 3.9/12 T12-17

Leighton Meester has chemistry with everyone - look at Blair with Dan

I love Blair and Chuck but compared to the other actresses on the show she works well as a love interest with them all Nate, Dan, Chuck, Carter, Damien etc

Leighton is the best actress on the show I think without her and Ed Westwick the show would be dead already

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

No, it's definitely gone down hill. 1st series was the best. I don't know if they'll ever get it back to that.

I think they need more permanent characters in it. They should have introduced them when they went to college. I actually want to bítch slap Serena. She's so annoying.

Larianne wrote: »
    No, it's definitely gone down hill. 1st series was the best. I don't know if they'll ever get it back to that.

I think they need more permanent characters in it. They should have introduced them when they went to college. I actually want to bítch slap Serena. She's so annoying.
    I think it has even gone down since the first half of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I think it has even gone down since the first half of the season!

I actually don't care about the characters any more. I just like looking at the fancy clothes.

And swoon a bit at Chuck Bass. :o

• Advertisement

Every episode involves an evil plot by Blair or Chuck, some kind of love quadrangle with Serena, and it always ends with a big blowout at a black tie event and then everyone makes up afterwards.

Excellent summary Princess! ;)

Tonights ep.

Blair smacks Dan :D + oh!, catfight! :eek:

Advertisement