Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gossip Girl - Season 4 [US] **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I've never posted in here before and I'm sure most of what I think has been said already, but I just had a bit of a GG marathon and it's all fresh in my head and I had to post!

First off, Ben is creepy. And shifty-lookin'. Seriously. I know they've gone to great lengths to show his (very sudden) loyalty to Serena and "her family" but it just doesn't sit well with me for some reason. And they have zero chemistry IMO. No sizzle, no spark, unless you count the "I'll hide in your bushes and watch you change" vibe a spark. So anyway yeah, not a Ben fan.

Anyone else think Rufus has become totally surplus to requirements, and is basically now just arm candy for Lily? I know his being a "house-husband" was dealt with somewhat in a storyline last season, but really he's getting no meat. I used to really like his character, now he reminds me of my "I'm cool, I'm down with the kids" middle-aged and slightly awkward uncle.

I'd have to echo a lot of others here and say I'm loving the Dan and Blair interaction. Not sure I'd like to see them hook up, it would definitely sap some of the fun out of the show, but I do think a legitimate friendship could definitely develop there. Something tells me they'd be better for each other than the Blair/Serena or Dan/Serena friendship.

Also, why is Vanessa back? Go 'way Vanessa with your judgy face and massive earrings.

Phew! That's better! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

^I agree with everything you said there. Like, actually everything! Thanks for putting it into words for me :P

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    Go 'way Vanessa with your judgy face and massive earrings.

I like the cut of your jib! :p

<-- this is a great clip!, that's it deny everything Blair! :P

[/YOUTUBE]vw-A0pbv5cM[/YOUTUBE]

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

I shouldn't have looked at them clips... The weekend will take forever.

• Advertisement

Ratings are doing very bad since it came back mid season:

- 1.516 million viewers
    - 1.0/2 HH
    - 0.7/2 A18-49
    - 0.9/3 A18-34
    - 1.0/3 W18-34

Gossip Girl
    - 1.567 million viewers
    - 1.0/2 HH
    - 0.8/2 A18-49
    - 1.0/3 A18-34
    - 1.5/4 W18-34 = ouch!

After tonight...another bloody hiatus, April 4th....i think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

After tonight...another bloody hiatus, April 4th....i think?

I am so excited for this episode!! I'm going to try to avoid the spoilers until Friday when I can go home for the weekend and watch it on my laptop. Hope Dan and Blair have a 'moment'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

coconut5 wrote: »
    I am so excited for this episode!! I'm going to try to avoid the spoilers until Friday when I can go home for the weekend and watch it on my laptop. Hope Dan and Blair have a 'moment'.

Oh! I hope they do too :D

WOO HOO! Dan & Blair kiss ;)

Loved the way GG whispered xoxo....:)
    Not a bad ep. and a pretty good cliffhanger to end on, what'll happen now :confused: , will they break up and make up, and break up.....and, make up :rolleyes:

Vanessa with her GIANT earrings :rolleyes: + Gerorgina is coming back, woot!

http://celebritygossiptalk.com/michelle-trachtenberg-will-return-to-gossip-girl/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,200 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Amazing!!! The Dan and Blair storyline was so great. Love them. My GG obsession is back in full force.

Loved this episode. GG has really picked up in the last while, I'm loving this story line - season 4 > season 3 so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

April 18th?? WTH? Why do they need so many bloody breaks?

Loved this episode! Was hoping for Serena and Chuck to walk in on Dair but that obviously doesn't happen.
    Hope Ben and S stay broken up. No chemistry there whatsoever and his perma-grimace is so annoying!

Ugh, why the hell is there a 2nd break?! WHY CAN'T THEY JUST RUN SHOWS FROM START TO FINISH?

Grrrrrrr >_>

Wow!...terrible numbers, wth has happen since the Winter break??

- 1.448 million viewers
    - 1.0/2 HH
    - 0.7/2 A18-49
    - 0.7/2 A18-34
    - 1.0/3 W18-34

Gossip Girl
    - 1.386 million viewers
    - 1.0/2 HH
    - 0.7/2 A18-49
    - 0.8/3 A18-34
    - 1.4/4 W18-34

Bah, sucks that it's getting such low numbers, I genuinely think it's improved a lot since last season.

That said, I don't think GG should go on for much longer - they'll ruin the whole series if they drag it out much longer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

APRIL??!???

Aahhhhh, that's awfully annoying.

See you Pat Rafter Ben! Hoooorraaayy! \o/ *fanfares*

Who will be next on Serena's shitlist? Because we all know it won't be long before another unfortunate stumbles into the path of her self-righteous stilettos. And even though I had said before that I don't want to see Dan and Blair together I have changed my mind. It will shake things up a bit. For a while. Then we'll go back to the tried and tested Chuck/Blair Dan/Serena formula. That particular theorem is as reliable as Pythagoras'.

But alas, my joy of seeing Ben's booty slink away is somewhat short-lived, for as he departs we see the possible stagnated return of Vanessa. I could be cautiously optimistic and choose to believe that perhaps they're keeping her reappearance fairly low-key because they're not planning on reintroducing her (seriously, what else can they do with her - she's burnt all her bridges and has proven herself to be just as toxic as the Upper-Eastsiders that she so constantly and vocally abhors) but I know better. IMO the award for most snootily noble has been passed to Raina. I don't mind her actually, she might make Nate interesting.

Less Pat Butcher-esque earrings, more Dan/Blair witty repartee and slightly awkward but memorably charming moments.

I am surprised Serena hasnt changed teams yet (i.e. turned lesbo) maybe Vanessa can be next for her

I am liking Dan and Blair it is the only interesting part of the show

• Advertisement

Have we had any lesbian clinches yet on GG? My memory fails me. That could be interesting, and in-keeping with the college theme surely?

Wait, they are all still in college, aren't they? :confused:

You'd never think it.

EDIT: Oh yes, there was that ridiculous threesome a while back, the one with Blondie the Vampire Slayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I just watched 14-17 in a row there... 14, 15 and 16 were crap except for Dair. Episode 17, however was old-school good Gossip Girl.

More of this after the next break.

Have we had any lesbian clinches yet on GG? My memory fails me. That could be interesting, and in-keeping with the college theme surely?

You'd never think it.

EDIT: Oh yes, there was that ridiculous threesome a while back, the one with Blondie the Vampire Slayer.

JaxxY...just wanted to say i am LOVIN' your awesome postings! :D
    You're an excellent addition to the frey, whitty insightful and a flare for (fashion) words, but to correct slighty, it was Vanessa and Hillary Duff that got a 3some on ;)

^ i wonder about that kiss?...will they pull a Bobby Ewing?

You'd never think it.

Who is that suppose to be :confused:

The threesome was Vanessa/Dan/Olivia

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who is that suppose to be :confused:

The threesome was Vanessa/Dan/Olivia

Olivia was in some sort of vampire show that Nate was a fan of I think.

^ Olivia was in three vampire-esque/slayer movies on the show.

coconut5 wrote: »
    Olivia was in some sort of vampire show that Nate was a fan of I think.

Yup, that's where I was getting the Vamp vibe from. I might have mentally blocked that whole storyline out because I do not like Hillary and it bewildered me.
    JaxxY...just wanted to say i am LOVIN' your awesome postings! :D
    You're an excellent addition to the frey, whitty insightful and a flare for (fashion) words, but to correct slighty, it was Vanessa and Hillary Duff that got a 3some on ;)

Thanks a million Richard! That made my afternoon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

^ i wonder about that kiss?...will they pull a Bobby Ewing?
    God I hope not. If so, queue shark jumping.

• Advertisement

Woot!...looks like Kate Cassidy/Juliet got a new job! http://www.tvline.com/2011/03/pilot-scoop-katie-cassidy-going-to-georgetown/

Katie is ace in everything she does!

^ what is Chuck playing at??

Advertisement