Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my smoker friends want rolling tobacco advise?

• 28-05-2010 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭

ok so im heading to the states on tuesday and my mates mailed me to ask me to get them some rolling tobacco, in the duty free i assume but i havnt a clue what they want

here is the mail

'Could you pick us up some high-quality cig rolling tobacco? Some Bali Shag and/or Drum or Virginian would be great. The lighter the better. We can't get that stuff here.'

obviously i could ask for drum or virginia but if there is some really good stuff that isnt expensive and fits their description of being light id get that for them

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Since you can get Drum light over here, I'm not sure, but you can get a fair 5*50gram bags of Amber Leaf for $30 dollars last time I was in Duty Free. Not much of a selection, though.

Also, where in America? Went to New York myself, whose mayor had recently increased the tax on tobacco inside NYC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

im flying out of dublin and into logan final destination being maine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

PeakOutput wrote: »
    im flying out of dublin and into logan final destination being maine
    Ah, your mates are in Maine. In that case, I'm not sure: never went into the Duty Free on the way over there. I'm pretty sure that if you rang one of the shops, they'd tell you what they have, and for how much

http://www.theloopshop.com/retail/store/contact_dublin.asp

Tobacco being what it is, I can't see any sites showing the prices online, as it's not real the "done thing" to advertise them, as opposed to booze and chocolate.

A "map" of the shops: http://www.airportshopping.ie/retail/store/thestreet.asp?airportid=dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

ye cheers buddy ill see how it is when i get there im broke as a joke but will figure something out for them jsut wondering if anyone knew prices off the top of their head for some of the good stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭duffflash

You should be able to get Drum in Rite Aid in america. I think it was about $4 for a 50g pack the last time I was there ( with a free pack ofr skins ) but that was four years ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement