Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Broadband Mod/Ban

Options
  • 28-05-2010 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

Posts/Comments by Jorel on this Thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055919543

Where to start. Please engage your brain before posting mindless ranty nonsense and misinformation.

NO NO NO NO NO. How many times does it have to be explained before it sinks in. THIS IS NOT WHAT IS HAPPENING, STOP SAYING IT IS. EIRCOM ARE NOT FLAGGING ANYTHING.

Again, more nonsense. Stop with the mindless speculation about things you obvbiously have no clue about.

I'm only going to say this oen final time. STOP WITH THE LIES.

Nonsense.

I've warned people enough times about idiotic speculation so you can have a week off to calm down.

If the point you're trying to make is that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, then the point is well and truly made.

No, you don't know how torrents work, obviously, and your example wasn't just stupid, it's completely flawed

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thought I seen more than that, maybe he edited his posts, no idea tbh.

Anyway I see this kind of attitude all over the broadband forum from him, consistently.

Jorel - Maybe you should relise not all boards users are "experts" ;) in IT/Technology/Broadband. I imagine when alot of them saw Eircom were going to be enforcing a 3 strike rule they panicked/asked, as you put it "stupid" questions. IMO you have a nasty attitude, one of self righteous "power".

It was not abusive - If theres one thing in life I cannot stand is people talking down to other people. My post was not insulting or abusive, it was a little direction of general manners to some not so tech people which in my view he should take.
    All you ever seem to do is talk down to people and act with a holier than thou attitude, its ok to smile once in a while dude. I get it, your the big bad broadband mod from broadband land

1 month ban is incredibly harsh imo. AFAIK I have never been banned from broadband before. I signed up to boards because of the broadband forum and have continuously posted/helped in any way I can over the 2.5 years iv been here - please check my post history to confirm this. I`d imagine half on my posts are on that forum. I have spent alot of time there doing what I can for people in a very polite manner.

Please reduce or remove my ban. Ill put Jorel on my ignore list and wont even be tempted to quote him, albeit good manners. Now is a very important time for broadband as Eircom have introduced new policies and I myself am an Eircom user.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

nuxxx wrote: »
    My post, which you wouldnt post me in PM after I asked you politely is here. Apparently only Cmods can see it cause he deleted it.

If you would wait more than 5 minutes after asking, you would have received it. I told you to first take this up with the Cmod, which you've obviously not done, and gave you the link to the post, so the Cmod could see it directly. This is what would be required anyway. You quoting the post would not be sufficient.

As to the action, your post was completely out of order, and I will not overturn the ban.

The thread in question has far too much mindless and dangerous speculation, by people who have no idea what they're commenting on. This kind of speculation needs to be corrected in the strongest of terms.

There is a simple explanation of eircom's action in post #1, a warning to everyone to read post #1 in the thread title, and numerous warnings throughout the thread, and yet there are idiots presenting unfounded, dangerous and completely untrue statements as fact. Neither I, nor cabaal, are prepared to let that continue. Questioning the way a forum or thread is moderated on thread is never permitted.
    nuxxx wrote:
    Jorel - Maybe you should relise not all boards users are "experts" in IT/Technology/Broadband. I imagine when alot of them saw Eircom were going to be enforcing a 3 strike rule they panicked/asked, as you put it "stupid" questions. IMO you have a nasty attitude, one of self righteous "power".

Anyone who doesn't know what's happening can simply read the summary I posted in the first post of the thread. You should question your own attitude and self righteous behaviour too.
    nuxxx wrote:
    I get it, your the big bad broadband mod from broadband land :rolleyes:
    nuxxx wrote:
    Thought I seen more than that, maybe he edited his posts, no idea tbh.
    An unfounded and completely untrue accusation. If you need to lie or speculate to make your point, then you have no point.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Nuxx, can you take this to the CMods for review, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

jor el wrote: »
    If you would wait more than 5 minutes after asking, you would have received it. I told you to first take this up with the Cmod, which you've obviously not done, and gave you the link to the post, so the Cmod could see it directly. This is what would be required anyway. You quoting the post would not be sufficient.

You posted my original post, which I edited when you gave me what I needed. I suspect you relised that.
    As to the action, your post was completely out of order, and I will not overturn the ban.

I didnt expect anything from you from posting this thread.
    The thread in question has far too much mindless and dangerous speculation, by people who have no idea what they're commenting on. This kind of speculation needs to be corrected in the strongest of terms.

By calling people brainless and idiots? I get banned for using non abusive language yet you consistently use those terms in your sentences.
    There is a simple explanation of eircom's action in post #1, a warning to everyone to read post #1 in the thread title, and numerous warnings throughout the thread, and yet there are idiots presenting unfounded, dangerous and completely untrue statements as fact. Neither I, nor cabaal, are prepared to let that continue. Questioning the way a forum or thread is moderated on thread is never permitted.

How come Cabaal is able to reply to messages in a civil manner? My issue is the language and way you go about modding.

Anyone who doesn't know what's happening can simply read the summary I posted in the first post of the thread. You should question your own attitude and self righteous behaviour too.

My attitude isnt the one in question here, its yours. I didnt use any abusive language. I must have really hit you in a sore spot, banning me for my first "infringement" for a month.

An unfounded and completely untrue accusation. If you need to lie or speculate to make your point, then you have no point.

Honestly wouldnt surprise me If you did.

Tom Dunne , I have just seen your message, I will take it to the Cmods

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Hi All,
    I've read through this post - not the thread in broadband.
    I can understand clearly the role the mods in this case are doing.

The last thing any of us want is speculation - mindless and dangerous as Jol El said - polluting a factual based thread. Regardless of whether you think what eircom are doing is wrong, the facts as Jol El spelt out are correct.

From what i see in the post above and in the full text of his replys there is no issue here with his content. He seems to have been very patient and has clearly explained and discussed the angles involved for all parties.

I understand that people don't find this policy from eircom fair or customer friendly, but thats neither here nor their.

From what i can see, the user was banned due to insulting the mod.
    I've no issue with this.

But if you want further opinions, i'm sure one of the admins will see this and reply too.

Any question, please send me a message.

Thanks,
    MiCr0

ps i just passed my driving test so i'm in a good mood

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

How come Cabaal is able to reply to messages in a civil manner? My issue is the language and way you go about modding..

That view appears to depend on who you are, as some users don't appear to share your view as I've clearly previously stated
    Is downloading copyright material without permission legal...of course it isn't and you'd be a complete idiot to think that it is. This is fact
    Taken from - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66095580&postcount=314

MiCr0 wrote: »
    Hi All,

From what i can see, the user was banned due to insulting the mod.
    I've no issue with this.

Can you please differentiate between my "insults" and the posts jorel posted? Cheers.

This helpdesk system is ridiculous, all my posts are premodded and its like 10vs1

Its awesome to feel unfairly banned and nothing is happening about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Its awesome to feel unfairly banned and nothing is happening about it

It's always nice to see that volunteer work is appreciated. Makes it all worth while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

From what i can see he wasn't insulting any of the posters, just making reference to the content of the posts.

FYI, all posts here are pre-modded, so you're not being biased against

• Advertisement

Nuxx, I am not going to approve that last post, I don't believe it is in your best interests.

Leave this one with me, I'll see what I can do. All I ask is that you please be patient.

Ok Tom

Right, I have been in touch with jor el regarding this and he has agreed to reduce the ban to a week. So you have four days remaining.

However, I must ask that you adhere to on-thread directions from moderators. You have many avenues open to you if you are not happy with posts, threads or moderator's decisions, please use them.

thanks Tom, weeks ban was what i was expecting after i posted what i did. A month was way OTT imo.

Thanks again,

this can be locked at your convenience

Advertisement