Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow IT and Credits

• 28-05-2010 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭

Whats the story with IT Carlow and the course contents in terms of credits?
    Like other colleges use credits to measure the equivalence of other related courses, but Carlow doesnt seem to.

I'm looking at another course in tallaght and it says i need X amount of credits.

How can I work out how many credits I have from the courses I already completed in Carlow?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Whats the story with IT Carlow and the course contents in terms of credits?
    Like other colleges use credits to measure the equivalence of other related courses, but Carlow doesnt seem to.

I'm looking at another course in tallaght and it says i need X amount of credits.

How can I work out how many credits I have from the courses I already completed in Carlow?

Carlow does use the credit system, each year is worth 60 credits.

Look at your transcript of results, credits for each subject are beside your final mark for the year.

180 credits = Higher Certificate - level 6
    240 credits = Ordinary Degree - level 7
    300 credits = Honours Degree - level 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

cheers! looks like i've more than i thought! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

What are credits used for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 IT Carlow

Hi I have just seen your thread. If you contact the admissions department on admissions@itcarlow.ie or t: 059 9175173 (Annette) they will give you all the details you need.

• Advertisement

cheers,
    I rang last week and I was told that it will take 3 weeks before they can go through my transcripts and post them out to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Keep at them for that. I tried to get my transcripts and they said the waiting list was two months, I called in two months time and they said they had no record of me asking for them so after getting angry with them, they sent them out in one week. Whatever's going on in that admissions office!

Really??

Might give them a buzz tonight so.

lol does anyone else see the advertisement for Blanchardstown IT?? :p

lil_lisa wrote: »
    Keep at them for that. I tried to get my transcripts and they said the waiting list was two months, I called in two months time and they said they had no record of me asking for them so after getting angry with them, they sent them out in one week. Whatever's going on in that admissions office!

It's the Exams office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

My apologies. It is the Exams office.

• Advertisement
Advertisement