Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow cooking beef

Options
  • 28-05-2010 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Bought a bit of beef shin today and want to make a beef curry. I am making it for tomorrow night so I'm thinking of simmering it for 6 hours tomorrow - do you think that will make it tender enough?

Also do i need to brown the beef first before adding to the curry?
    Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

6 Hour would be more than enough - it would be literally falling apart by then.
    I'd say 3-4 hours should do it at a bare simmer.

Browning it will make it tastier, alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

If you make it tonight it will be even nicer tomorrow :pac: yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Thanks guys! So I'll brown it first - on a high heat?

I was thinking of doing it tonight - would you say 3 hours tonight and maybe 1 hour tomorrow then to heat it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

That should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Is this just an oven job at low temperature or how do you slow cook it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

you can do it in the oven or on the hob, u just need to stir it a few times on the hob so it doesnt stick to the bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

So how exactly does it work? Anyone got a decent recipe with cooking times/temperatures?

Advertisement