Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Barrymore on Come Dine with Me

Options
  • 28-05-2010 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Anyone see Michael Barryone on Channel 4's "Come Dine with Me" the other night?

I know there are a lot of people out there with opinions on him etc and really don't believe he should even able to participate in anything to do with television again, but, in all honestly - I thought he was absolutely hilarious on the show!!!!!!!

I haven't laughed so much watching tv in ages and personally, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing a glimmer of the Michael Barrymore the public originally loved.

Whatever your opinions are on his personal life & events of the last few years, I do still hope that some people saw that programme & were able to forget all that for even a moment. Yes, he may have still come across as having more than a few screws loose, but, he made me laugh and I highly doubt I was the only one......

x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

what was his menu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The man is certainly out of his bin.. This is what RTE edited out from his appearance from The Saturday Night show when Brendan O'Connor was presenting it. Some kind person in the audience filmed it on a mobile and uploaded. Certainly shades of his former glory

But given his questionable involvement of young lubbock, and his questionable mental state, I dont think we will be getting his own show in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

I loved him on Come Dine...Lol the fur coat!!! It just had me in stitches:D
    It was funny though cos he seemed like he was a bit drunk all the time, his speech particularly but he didn't seem to be drinking...at his house anyway..must be on tons of medication..
    Ah he was great in his day..

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭irishshadowfax

barrymore was unreal!!! haven't laughed out loud like that for a long time!! the aussi presenter didnt have to say anything cause barrymore stole the show

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

He was a mix of funny, obnoxious and incredibly childish.

Was certainly interesting to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The guy should be ****ing sectioned. Who the hell sanctions this man to apear on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

I cried with the laughing all the way through it, he was like a naughty toddler sitting on the chair after smashing the plate. He was brilliant in his day:D Odd how a lot of the best comedians have manic depression, Barrymore being one and Spike Milligan another. Lots of others but I just can't remember them offhand. I remember reading an article about it way before the unfortunate swimming pool tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Very annoying the way he kept playing up to the camera like it was an episode of 'Come Dine with Michael Barrymore'. Used to like his material back in the day but he tries too hard now....whenever he gets the opportunity. He seems to be really lacking confidence too.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Anyone watching the WAG special on Channel 4 now? Dave Lamb is on flying form. Its bloody hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Mr E wrote: »
    Anyone watching the WAG special on Channel 4 now? Dave Lamb is on flying form. Its bloody hilarious!
    Steven Ireland's bird looked just like him. Very disconcerting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

I saw bits of it...the older one..is it Jude? seemed just bitter & jealous. Maybe cos she was the less attractive!!!
    But yeah Mr Voiceover was great:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

I'm just glad we don't have 'Smellovision', the stench of desperation in the sitting room would have been overpowering.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Tonight's one is better, the food is just funny it's so bad, and the difference in the houses, guess old footballers didn't get paid that much!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Tonight's one was some of the funniest television I've seen this year. Frank putting vinegar on top of the avacodo was hillarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Him opening the door in the nip, what a way to put you off your food!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Aidric wrote: »
    Tonight's one was some of the funniest television I've seen this year. Frank putting vinegar on top of the avacodo was hillarious.

Yeah it was brilliant, every one of them was hilarious. At first I didn't know how to take John Fashanu, but then realised that he was just taking the p1ss. Very funny show.

Extremely Succulent show! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I missed that :( I seriously think he has to be one of funniest people ever.I wish i had of seen it now :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

In his peak, he was one of the most versitile, over all entertainers around.
    I ran into him once while attending to business in Blackpool.
    He was at the time in recovery from a problem he had. Even then, under duress of massive loss of weight (he was scary thin) and very weak, he came across as a down to earth man.

What happened later in life to him and around him, I cannot speculate as to who is to blame and/or to what degree but all I can say is that the man I chatted to in Blackpool over a meal, was a person who knew about the heights of stardom and even at that stage, was learning still about the lows.

It seems that experience then, might have served him well for what was later to come in his life.
    Like Blackpool, he has had one hell of a rollercoaster life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Biggins wrote: »
    In his peak, he was one of the most versitile, over all entertainers around.
    I ran into him once while attending to business in Blackpool.
    He was at the time in recovery from a problem he had. Even then, under duress of massive loss of weight (he was scary thin) and very weak, he came across as a down to earth man.

What happened later in life to him and around him, I cannot speculate as to who is to blame and/or to what degree but all I can say is that the man I chatted to in Blackpool over a meal, was a person who knew about the heights of stardom and even at that stage, was learning still about the lows.

It seems that experience then, might have served him well for what was later to come in his life.
    Like Blackpool, he has had one hell of a rollercoaster life.

That's really cool Biggins...I'd love to meet him:). I loved him in every show he had even though I normally hate gameshows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Barrymore should be in prison.

• Advertisement
Advertisement