Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dish size for motorised setup

• 28-05-2010 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to setup a motorised dish mainly to pick up the following satellites, Intelsat 905 (24.5°W), Intelsat 10-02 / Thor 2-3-5 (0.8°W),1.0°W and Eutelsat W1 (10.0°E).
    I seen various posts saying that people are using Triax, Gilbertini and Vantage dishes. Is there any difference in the results seen with the various makes of dishes ?
    Will a 88cm dish do or should I get a 1.1 metre dish ? I live near Trim if that's any help.

Are there any places in Ireland that sell these dishes ? I've come across a few places in the UK that do, ranging from £60 to £85.

Will all the dish makes above work with a Moteck SG2100A motor ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I posted nearly the exact same thread a couple months ago, sadly the channels I was looking for on Intelsat 905 are encrypted, what channels were you hoping to view.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055864850

I got my dish, 1m Triax and wallmount from the following

http://www.satellitetv.ie/shop/index.php?controller=product&path=46_65&product_id=176

I bought my receiver, dish motor and LNB from Amazon and Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogb

Thanks for the quick reply DonJose. I'm looking to view feeds on these sats, I've an AZ sat box that can pick them up.

I should've specified that I'm looking to buy the motor, dish and pole for a garden mount.

I can't see the 1m Triak dish on that site, only Triax TD88 90cm Dish and Triax TD110 1.2m Satellite Dish are listed.

Thanks again.

Sorry it was the TD110, I get perfect reception from Hispasat 30.0W to Badr 26.0E, I'm using a Technomate TM2600 motor. Could you give us more info on the feeds you plan on getting at 27.5w and some more info on the AZ sat box.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bombibom

I can recomend TD110from triax.Great dish for the money.You can get chanells from 45E to 30W no problem at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

bombibom wrote: »
    I can recomend TD110from triax.Great dish for the money.You can get chanells from 45E to 30W no problem at all.

can you get 26e?have a 1m and no joy with 26e

• Advertisement

glic83 wrote: »
    can you get 26e?have a 1m and no joy with 26e

I'm receiving Badr 26.0E perfectly on a Triax TD110 with a Smart Titanium LNB and a Technomate TM6800 HD, I'm in westmeath. Some cool channels on 26.0E, there are a couple of movie channels showing decent films in english with arab subtitles.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Offer_asking

Any dish from 115 will pick 26e.

yeah have a 1m orbital dish tm 2600 motor and tm600 receiver get most sats from 30w to 45e,missing 4w,7w,26e but i know you would need much bigger than 1m for 7w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Zardoz

doogb wrote: »
    Hi,

I seen various posts saying that people are using Triax, Gilbertini and Vantage dishes. Is there any difference in the results seen with the various makes of dishes ?
    The Gibertini is a very good dish plus its aluminium so it wont rust unlike most dishes which are made from steel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

ive a gilbtini 1.1m, with smart titanium .2lnb. i get 26e no problems (mbc transponder) the lnb i find needs to be twisted slightly but it wont affect the other sats

• Advertisement

@glic83 Yes I can get it Ok.Didn't try it lately cause my motor is gone.

Hi,

Thanks for the many replies. I'm still undecided which dish to go for.

I read somewhere that the weight of the Triax 1.2m steel dish is 85kg's, can't remember the link. Can anyone confirm if that's true ?

Will a Moteck SG2100A DiSEqC Motor be strong enough to move a dish of this weight ?

Does anyone know if a Gibertini 1m aluminium dish will pick up the following satellites ?
    Intelsat 905 (24.5°W), Eutelsat W1 (10.0°E) and Intelsat 10-02 / Thor 2-3-5 (0.8°W)

Thanks again.

dont think its 85kg read somewhere that it was like 20 or something, 85kg is around 13 stone so imagine dragging that up to fix it to the wall

That's what I was thinking, thanks.

and in reply to the earlier questions a 1m motorised dish will pick up at them sats and a hell of a lot more,have an orbit dish myself and find them very good

The Triax TD110 is 15kg.The weight on the bracket is aroun 60-70kg when the wind is 35-40mls/hr.It si a big dish and "catching" the wind easy.
    I had the same motor mentioned above and can turn the TD 110 OK in quiet not very windy environment.Since we moved house I had to take it down do to the high winds in present locaton.

Advertisement