Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit

Options
  • 28-05-2010 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

Hi, Sorry if this has been posted before.
    I moved out 3 weeks ago today (My lease was up on this day) and I still have not got my deposit back.

The landlord sent his son arond to do an "inspection" I say "inspection" as the son came in looked around for about a min (He didn't look in one room or the bathroom and all he said was have you paid your bills and then said grand i'll let dad know), then the landlord said that the estate agent was gonna have a look the following week and check that it was left in an ok state and he said that if it needed to be deep cleaned €150 would be taken from my deposit.

After trying several times to contact the landlord after this he said that he was waiting on the estate agent and would contact me.
    He then told me that he'd have the deposit back in my account on Friday of last week, it did not go in.
    After again calling him several times he said he'd have it for me on monday.
    No deposit returned.
    Then on Tuesday he sent me a text saying he was about to go to the bank now and wanted my full name and adress (I had already given him the account details)
    I replied straight away with my name address and back account number, sort code and address of bank.
    Checked my balance on wed evening and it still wasn't there, rang landlord and no answer so left a voice message, no reply
    I waited until yesterday evening checked balance again no deposit.
    Rang him and phone is now off, I sent him a text message yesterday which has still not delivered so phone is still off.
    Just checked balance again a little while ago and it is still not there.
    What can I do?
    To make it even worse I don't have a lease as when I was signing it in the estate agents, they said that the landlord couldn't be there that say to sign it so they were gonna send it to him and he was to sign bothcopies, keep one and send us one.
    Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

ring the PRTB and see what they advise also if you have proof of the payments you made in rent this is also helpful as it proves you actually lived there and paid your rent
    they are greedy feckers and i hope the PRTB can help you out
    best of luck

Advertisement