Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Series 5, Episode 9 - "Cold Blood"

• 28-05-2010 3:23pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Part 2 tomorrow. Judging by the preview clips, it seems the budget for this one went into the second part - on all the SFX and the Silurian extras anyway.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've actually been waiting for this post, it's become part of my weekly routine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Time's changed again tomorrow. Very annoying. Missed the start of last week's because it started at 6:15. At least 7pm will probably be more convenient for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Why more annoying time changes :mad: And it runs straight into the Eurovision which means I can't stay veging on the couch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

oh crap

That was actually stunning

and a proper event with the crack too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

:eek:

Holy crap, did not see that coming!

• Advertisement

Poor Rory. Swallowed whole by Amy's Crack :(

Next week's episode looks ****e tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Stark wrote: »
    Swallowed whole by Amy's Crack :(

I could think of worse ways to go:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

What a great ep! Didnt think it would be as good but it really was!

I agree with the above poster about next weeks episode. Well I thought that about this weeks and I was proved wrong :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Don't have much time so I'll keep this short, good episode, very good but
    I am furious that they've killed off Rory. I'm guessing it's to do with whatever the Doctor does to cause the cracks and also Amy's history being changed, meaning she forgot Rory even though she's a time traveller probably has some plot significance but I'm still angry. He seemed to actually be gaining a personality and character traits now and I liked having two companion stories again, it was one of the things I missed from the classic series. I really really hope that this has major plot significance 'cause if it was needless I'll just be more angry. *fangirl*

As for next week
    can we please have at least one non-earth adventure.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Who is Rory?

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Chrussell2

I think the series is building up to a huge finale!
    I'd put money that the doctor will get rory back! The bit were he pulled out the piece of the TARDIS was spine chilling!!!
    Whats going on?!?!?!?!? Next weeks does look p*ss though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

That was absolutely mind-blowing stuff. B-but...
    I can't believe they could kill Rory off. For the second time within the space of three episodes, no less. I really hope the Doctor can undo the cracks somehow, and stop him from being erased at the very least... those few memories you saw of him and Amy were so sweet. :(

Also,
    the TARDIS explodes? Or is caught in the cataclysmic wedding explosion? The cracks are getting extra confusing now, but even more fascinating along with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 The_Drums

So annoyed that the screwdriver's magical gun-disabling ability conveniently didn't resurface in the last ten minutes.

And by the way... perhaps the piece of ''shrapnel'' is
    an ordinary 1960s police box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭nothing

LOVED this episode. I'm usually disappointed by the ending of two parters. But damn. DAMN. Amazing, and loved the twists!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

The_Drums wrote: »
    So annoyed that the screwdriver's magical gun-disabling ability conveniently didn't resurface in the last ten minutes.

And by the way... perhaps the piece of ''shrapnel'' is
    an ordinary 1960s police box?
    The Doctor was about to use the screwdriver when rory tackled him out of the way, or at least that's what i thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Great episode... I had kinda suspected that something would happen to Rory and in this instance I'd be happy for a Deux Est Machina scenario to undo it... Great companion and worked well alongside both Amy and the Doctor...

Anyone else think the female Silurians were pretty hot? Even with the scales, I would...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Really enjoyed how Rory finally seemed to be getting some confidence in both himself and the Doctor this episode.
    Let's just hope the confidence isn't totally misplaced!

The cracks are getting to an almost Lost-like level of intrigue and confusion, reckon the series finale is going to be brilliant!

They should have chucked Resnec into the crack after she shot him. That would have solved everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Chrussell2

Anyone else think the female Silurians were pretty hot? Even with the scales, I would...

erm.......... I think there comes a point when a person has to ask themselves... do I watch too much Sci-fi? When you start fancying reptile aliens I think you've crossed the threshold! I recommend some sex and the city, and desperate housewives :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Chrussell2 wrote: »
    erm.......... I think there comes a point when a person has to ask themselves... do I watch too much Sci-fi? When you start fancying reptile aliens I think you've crossed the threshold! I recommend some sex and the city, and desperate housewives :)

sex and the city and desperate housewives??? You're having a laugh right? 2 worst shows in the history of television...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I think you're likely to become attracted to equine aliens instead of reptilian aliens after watching Sex & The City. :p

Chrussell2 wrote: »

Or y'know *cough* there's some stuff on the internet you could look up...

So many people are saying Rory will come back but I cna't see it happening. I really hope he does but for some reason it just doesn't seem likely to me. Then again I don't think it's the last we've seen of the engagement ring and we know the cracks and finale involves their wedding day (or what would have been their wedding day) so maybe. I just hope if he is brought back that's it's in a credible way.

Also, not sure why but I have a feeling
    Jenny
    will show up soon but I have no basis for that. It's just a feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

They should have chucked Resnec into the crack after she shot him. That would have solved everything.

Lol. That's right it would have.... Why didnt the "brilliant" Doctor think of that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

Warning this is a real spoiler. it aint speculation:
    So many people are saying Rory will come back but I cna't see it happening.
    He is, he is credited in the last episode. That could be a flashback, or a dream, but read into it what you will.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I read that as 'this is not a real spoiler, this is speculation'

*sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

I am surprised by the positive reactions to this episode. I found it quite boring and samey that the humans are bad and act badly to stop world peace. It was done better the first time when the Brig nuked the Silurians at the end of the Jon Pertwee episode.

I was wondering before the episode what would be happening with Rory as he was never pushed as a real companion. It seems he was merely a "red shirt" to push the crack arc along a bit.
    For me it was a very unsatisfying episode the only good point was the bit of shrapnel from Amy's Crack(as another poster put it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I don't think he
    is dead!!!
    One of the last things he said "Were am I, We were just on the Hill...
    Don't have much time so I'll keep this short, good episode, very good but
    I am furious that they've killed off Rory. I'm guessing it's to do with whatever the Doctor does to cause the cracks and also Amy's history being changed, meaning she forgot Rory even though she's a time traveller probably has some plot significance but I'm still angry. He seemed to actually be gaining a personality and character traits now and I liked having two companion stories again, it was one of the things I missed from the classic series. I really really hope that this has major plot significance 'cause if it was needless I'll just be more angry. *fangirl*

Edit:

Looks like I heard that part wrong:

00:39:02,480 --> 00:39:06,720
    We were on the hill.
    I can't die here.

I don't think he
    is dead!!!
    One of the last things he said "Were am I, We were just on the Hill...

Edit:

Looks like I heard that part wrong:

00:39:02,480 --> 00:39:06,720
    We were on the hill.
    I can't die here.

Yeah but as the Doctor said some moments are fixed and can't be changed but others can. Also when they returned to the hill it was only 'future Amy' standing alone, for all intents and purposes, Rory's future self had never been there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,530 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why do people put stuff that happened in the episode in spoilers?
    It makes the thread very annoying to read.

Surely people come into this thread having seen the episode and only future plot lines (not speculation) should be in spoiler tags.

Thought it was a good episode. Don't think Rory is really dead. Very interesting about the crack, looks like that's building up to an epic story.

Next weeks episode looks meh. Why does the Dr with a Tardis and a whole universe out there in his hands always end up in contemporary earth and usually in Britain? Guarantee next weeks episode has Van Gogh with a British accent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Man I hate seeing so much spoilered text and wanting to look at it but knowing I shouldn't. Still at least it's better than reading it 'accidentally' :rolleyes:

Advertisement