Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk - Nicest takeaway?

Options
  • 28-05-2010 3:37pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What is the nicest takeaway in Dundalk? Can be Chinese, Indian, fish and chips etc.

I think the Kingfisher is very nice. Also the Adelphi Jade is nice!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Tonys on the Avenue Road - or Mizzonis for a a great Pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

I'm a fan of Zam Zams Indian at Roden place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Chinese has to be Seatown next to Windmill pub, been going there 25 years.

Traditional chipper has to be Roma or Europa.

Sambo is a spicy chicken with coleslaw on granary from Deli Lites.

Also, the Curry House at the Windsor is the best chinese in town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

Is it possible to get a nice bag of chips in Dundalk? They are all undercooked.
    I like Villa Toscana for takeaway pizza. The Indian on Dublin St was very nice, but the food has gone downhill a bit lately (new chef) and the service is abysmal. I know a lot of people wont agree with me but its hard to beat Cheungs for a curry and you get a free pen. Zam Zams do good Kebabs.

• Advertisement

TommyT wrote: »
    Is it possible to get a nice bag of chips in Dundalk? They are all undercooked.
    Isle de France? Tonys? Mullens? - i feel were spoiled for choice here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dioza

I live just 2 minutes from Tony's and i have to say their food is lovely. Half pounder with bacon and cheese, bag of chips and a curry sauce. Cant bate it!!

For a curry i like the china kitchen, Nugget supper!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Isle de France or Mullens for chips etc

Wiltons on Bridge street for curry

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭seventyeight

Kierans in Chapel St

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Top three for me:

Kingfisher
    Isle de France
    Tonys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

you cant beat the isla for chips,funny how tastes vary because i wouldnt take free food from kierans?yet its packed night after night.
    dunny i agree with you on wiltons for chinese and they do some amazing offers.recently they had a month long offer of half price curries. a sizzling breast of chicken curry and rice @ €3.80 was a steal:)
    pizzas i dont do:confused:
    for a sandwich try the imperial.i kids you not?? their BLT has an attitude of its own.
    i think overall that for the most part the take-away outlets in dundalk are up there with the best of them in ireland.
    now some1 mentioned service and the punjab house in particular,i have never had a problem there and i find ordering fairly straight forward and friendly,but all i can say is go to abrekebabra at anytime(day or busy weekends) and just let the warm glowy feeling of peace and serenity wash over you as you are served.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Chippy
    Rocco's in Bay Estate is a great job. Slow for everything, even chips but if you phone ahead or don't mind waiting its lovely.
    I like Europa. I think they're quick and nice. Not exaxtly overly friendly but the food makes up for that.
    Kieran's chicken is fantastic! Would sell me left arm for the recipe!

Tony's is nice as well. Old reliable. :)
    Keithm89 wrote: »
    Isle de France? Tonys? Mullens? - i feel were spoiled for choice here

Ugh. Mullens. Muck.

They used to be nice but not anymore. I have a theory on it tho... I think its not nice like the other chippers because its too clean!!

Chinese
    Keithm89 wrote: »
    Also, the Curry House at the Windsor is the best chinese in town

Yeah I would agree with that. Shocking expensive tho. A nice curry with rice, chips and prawn crackers would set you back €20! :eek:

Adelphi Jade is lovely... crispy chilli chicken would strip your socks off!! the takeaway at the back isn't bad on price either.

I have to say i never liked wiltons. found the chicken to be very rubbery. the prawn crackers are tasty wee buggers tho! :)

Pizza
    I tried all the rest and Dominoes, imho, is the best. Fair dues to Mizzoni, their garlic bread with cheese is lovely apart from that they're not great.

Four star pizza, just not impressed. I got food once, went back twice afterwards and ended up putting the phone down before placing the order because of problems with the staff or managers.

Pizza hut, is grand. Will have to give it another try, What i tasted I liked!

Ugh. Mullens. Muck.

They used to be nice but not anymore. I have a theory on it tho... I think its not nice like the other chippers because its too clean!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 J Brennan

What is the nicest takeaway in Dundalk? Can be Chinese, Indian, fish and chips etc.

I think the Kingfisher is very nice. Also the Adelphi Jade is nice!

Mm, id say L'isle de france,great chips :D,Any french one is lovely. Roma homemade ice cream :D Europa chips,much the same as LDF.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Youngs in Bridge st do my favourite curry but way too dear unless it's a special occasion.

We either order from the New World in Muirhevna Mór or Cheungs at the weekend...The New World is lovely, loads of chicken breast and the portions of chips are massive...it's really good value too. 2 curries, 2 rices and 1 chip with delivery is under €20. My oh loves Cheungs, similar prices to New World, we order from them regulary too..the curry's mad spicy so I've to limit the amount of sauce on mine.

Dundalk has loads of nice chippers, we get Tonys a lot as it's nearby, the I'sle of France and the Roma are lovely too, haven't had Kierans in years, they were lovely last time we got them. Mullens chips aren't like they used to be.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Yes Youngs are ridiculously expensive, popped in recently to pick up two curries and got a shock with price.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Als76

New world in Muirhevna mor is a good chinese.
    Tonys grill on the avenue is very good.

Mullens has gone down hill and the portion of chips i once got of Mullens on the Castletown road was shocking about 15 chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 smcque

the new chinese (nice day) i think @ the grand prix newry rd lovely food

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Just had a curry from the new chinese in Blackrock -the Great Wall. It was scrummy, I asked for no onions though and it was full of them, picked them all out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 iron_man

Dundalk is the best for eating out..lots of choice! In my opinion, some of the top places... but you could list more

Chipy : Roma and Toni's

Chinese: Jade

Italian: La Cantina

Pub grub: Lisdoo or Jonny Masons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dmcar02

Chipper in Burmah on dublin Rd is nice, usually head there.

Dominos is lovely too,

China Kitchen does nicest Chinese food, same for Adelphi Jade..... you know the rest...

Kingfisher is lovely too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭tiocimarla

Edit - No need for that. Consider yourself warned.

cournioni

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Got a dinner box from Isle de France yesterday. It is very nice.

Maloccas on the Ramparts is also very nice.

yeah the chippy on dublin road is nice... ridiculously slow tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

L'isle de france or the Roma for chips, Europa for burgers[but good for nothing else!] and the Jade for a chinese!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sex?

Dioza wrote: »
    I live just 2 minutes from Tony's and i have to say their food is lovely. Half pounder with bacon and cheese, bag of chips and a curry sauce. Cant bate it!!

For a curry i like the china kitchen, Nugget supper!

This lad knows what hes talking about.
    Tonys for chips.
    China kitchen for a currry.
    Nowhere spectacular for a pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BrianSlipknot

Isle De France on Clanbrassil St.

Dominos Pizza! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

smcque wrote: »
    the new chinese (nice day) i think @ the grand prix newry rd lovely food

Had some from there during the week, very nice I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭qwerty2010

can't beat the L'Isle de France for either food or sevice! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Showin my support for Zam Zam's here, excellent kebabs. If you want a massive bag of chips for cheap, or a really nice 3-in-1, go to New Ocean in Blackrock.

Advertisement