Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk - Nicest takeaway?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Zam Zam is an awful rip off!

Also the one time I got a kebab in the place it was rank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Sarge wrote: »

What is the name of the Chinese out on the newry road ? Where the grand prix used to be. I heard it first class.

I think its called Nice Day - and yes its good - chicken balls are crap - mostly batter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Battered balls... Doesnt sound too appealing!:pac:

Been meaning to try Pizza Hut, any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

@ this stage has any take-away in Dundalk not got an honourable mention??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Dunny! wrote: »
    Zam Zam is an awful rip off!

Explain. Unless they have changed their pricing the last time I was in ther it was quite reasonable.

• Advertisement

Charlies on Hill Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Insurgent wrote: »
    Charlies on Hill Street.

I think its great , Love the food from there :-)

CHARLIE BURGER :_)

Sarge wrote: »
    I think its great , Love the food from there :-)

CHARLIE BURGER :_)

It is a great place. Got a steak and cheese roll there before and it was humungus and lovely. Really must try and remember it if I'm ordering in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Insurgent wrote: »
    It is a great place. Got a steak and cheese roll there before and it was humungus and lovely. Really must try and remember it if I'm ordering in!!

Dont eat the chips outta there, i felt sick after them and they where real hard and crispy. Also they dont have vinegar, the place is run by cowboys. Since new management the place is gone downhill and there prices went up too.

Nicest and best value chipper is KINGFISHER (also famous in dublin).
    Ive had many a meal from there sitin and takeout and there portion sizes are HUGE. :D

http://www.kingfisherdundalk.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Jacks snacks;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I second the Kingfisher! Excellent food and reasonably priced. The restaurant can be a bit full of screaming kids but it's not a problem. The takeaway is very nice as well! There's a car park around the back (on the Ramparts, the car park for Enterprise Ireland and the credit union and that) which is handy as parking on Park Street (excuse the pun :P) can be difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Not exactly Dundalk but the chinese in blackrock, new moon is damn good :)
    tried it for the first time last night and loved it - not too expenisve either

Anyone from Dundalk remember Turleys on the Castletown road??? Think Woks is there now or Mace,and what bout tonys(curtis??) up the other side,worst chips ever.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Great thread - so much for my weightloss plan!:D

I always go to the chinese in newry - china garden I think it's called very good.

I know the above is not in Dundalk but tried one chinese on clanbrassil street and got a free clock but food was not so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Great thread - so much for my weightloss plan!:D

I always go to the chinese in newry - china garden I think it's called very good.

I know the above is not in Dundalk but tried one chinese on clanbrassil street and got a free clock but food was not so good.

hahah that was from the golden dragon , i got the same clock :-) , i thought that they used to make a nice chinese but not anymore. Nice day all the way :_)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Damn it - I thought I was special, hence the clock/thermometer/pen holder!:D

Nice people but the food was just lacking a little something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

The Lumpers take away is excellent. Nicest chips I`ve ever had from a take away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dundalk86

My top three would have to be mullens seatown, lisle de france & tonys

Chinise would have to be connies or china kitchen
    and pizza is dominos

• Registered Users Posts: 23 conorby

Roma. People come for miles, and the home made ice cream..

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Raffo69

conorby wrote: »
    Roma. People come for miles, and the home made ice cream..

Their sausages in batter would feed a family of 4:D

• Advertisement

I love it when you get some chips,even though you havent ordered chips.......in Dundalk its the isle da France,Tonys and Kierans.:)
    There could be more,name them,they deserve it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Mullens

I love it when you get some chips,even though you havent ordered chips.......in Dundalk its the isle da France,Tonys and Kierans.:)
    There could be more,name them,they deserve it;)

Sorrento's in Muirhevnamore. No need to order chips here or in Tonys. The scoop they throw into the bag always does me:p

• Registered Users Posts: 36 The General.

The Sing Li chip van at the square on a Saturday night. Sure what would be wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

The Sing Li chip van at the square on a Saturday night. Sure what would be wrong with it.
    Yeah not bad,, personally Kierans (chapel st.) and for curry SunHouse park st.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nwoscum

Came across this thread ...now I'm Starvin.....The Half Pounder in tony's sounded nice...or a fillet steak black pepper with asparagus from Adelphi Jade.......Heard a few talking about Zam Zam's must give it a go for a kebab...F.S>>>>> I'm Starvin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I have not been in Dundalk in quite some time but there was one in the ramparts beside the shopping center, for the life of me i cant remember its name, was it Mallockas or sumit.

but the best of all time was the Whimpy.

I have not been in Dundalk in quite some time but there was one in the ramparts beside the shopping center, for the life of me i cant remember its name, was it Mallockas or sumit.

but the best of all time was the Whimpy.

I got a snack box outa malocca's just last week & I would give it no more than a 5/10. Also the curry tasted more like peppered sauce.

Advertisement