Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sartso Kevlar Jeans at Mondello Expo

• 28-05-2010 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

I was speaking to the boys in Ducati whom are at the Mondello expo and they said they will be showing the new range of Sartso Jeans this weekend - I have seen these kevlar lined jeans before and they are miles ahead of Draggin and the others - Could be well worth a look

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

yeah - i've heard loads about these.. they come in loads of differnt styles & colours... deffo will be looking although they're expensive right? 300+?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

jameshayes wrote: »
    yeah - i've heard loads about these.. they come in loads of differnt styles & colours... deffo will be looking although they're expensive right? 300+?

:eek:

Get a nice set of leathers for that

I have to lay off the coffee!!!
    Retail for the standard range will be between 150/160 with the "special edition " range about 15 euros more per pair - Before you shoot me down on the price please have a look at them as honestly they are really good -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Harleyfatbob

No - they retail at 159 - top class product

Did anybody get to see the jeans on the Ducati stand?

• Advertisement

yeah I seen them, they were pushed right to the back of the stand with no place to try them on.

I think i'll try them on in the shop

yeah I seen them, they were pushed right to the back of the stand with no place to try them on.

I think i'll try them on in the shop

Ok thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭gipi

Same story - saw the display, difficult to see the jeans properly, as JamesHayes said they were at the back of the garage furthest from the natural light.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Yea same as that,may aswell not have been there:mad: :mad: :mad:

shame - will put our own stand the next time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

gipi wrote: »
    Same story - saw the display, difficult to see the jeans properly, as JamesHayes said they were at the back of the garage furthest from the natural light.

Same here. In fairness most of the trade stands weren't great, BMW had a good amount of stuff on display.

What I saw of the Sartso, bit too much stitching and patterns on them for me, plus couldn't try them on, or find anyone to ask about them. From their website they're serious about testing and getting CE certification though.

So went on a webhunt when I got home and found a pair of Esquads for 125 euro (they usually sell for 250) online at a french store - the denim is woven with protective fibre so the whole pants are protective, rather than just having patches of material at the knees / ass / hips. And they just look like regular jeans.

MikeC101 wrote: »
    Same here. In fairness most of the trade stands weren't great, BMW had a good amount of stuff on display.

What I saw of the Sartso, bit too much stitching and patterns on them for me, plus couldn't try them on, or find anyone to ask about them. From their website they're serious about testing and getting CE certification though.

So went on a webhunt when I got home and found a pair of Esquads for 125 euro (they usually sell for 250) online at a french store - the denim is woven with protective fibre so the whole pants are protective, rather than just having patches of material at the knees / ass / hips. And they just look like regular jeans.

Mike the denim in the ESQUADS is horrible - like wearing bloody sand paper - Designs are a little " French" if you know what I mean -

Sartso have some really nice standard jeans - You would not know they were Kevlar only for thr fact they are a lot heavier - Really comfortable as well -

I heard the French are getting out of the export side as they cannot compete - They also sit on you like a sack -

Mike the denim in the ESQUADS is horrible - like wearing bloody sand paper - Designs are a little " French" if you know what I mean -

Sartso have some really nice standard jeans - You would not know they were Kevlar only for thr fact they are a lot heavier - Really comfortable as well -

I heard the French are getting out of the export side as they cannot compete - They also sit on you like a sack -

I've handled the Esquad before - denim seems fine to me. Added to that it's got heat shielding in the knees / ass / hips, which I haven't seen on any other jeans - you can get a nasty burn even through kevlar. Some of the Esquad designs I don't like - the E-Strong and others - but the E-Stein seem fine, just like regular jeans. I'll give an update when they arrive.

One thing about Esquad, their advertising / ease to buy is absolutely terrible. Campaigns featuring pouty models standing around looking moody and a rubbish website.

Also - you're a dealer / distributor for Sartso, yes? Most of the Sartso on display on Sunday were the special edition models I think - a lot of skulls and butterflies stitched down the legs, which may not have appealed to everyone.

But the website is very good, and the fact that it has abrasion and burst test results up on it very impressive - I'd certainly consider Sartso ahead of most other brands, but I'd prefer fully lined with kevlar.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bigjoe

I tried Sartso jeans in the US and found them to be very uncomfortable compared to Joe rocket and Draggin.

The dealer had all 3 brands and he both recommends and wears Draggin himself. I am not going to comment about the quality of one over the other as I wouldn’t know which is better but he is a guy who sells 3 brands and uses Draggin. Speaks for itself.

Also shows our rip-off Ireland. The label price was 120 Dollars (Aprox €100) and he said don’t mind that price we will look after you.

bigjoe;66186541]I tried Sartso jeans in the US and found them to be very uncomfortable compared to Joe rocket and Draggin.

The dealer had all 3 brands and he both recommends and wears Draggin himself. I am not going to comment about the quality of one over the other as I wouldn’t know which is better but he is a guy who sells 3 brands and uses Draggin. Speaks for itself.

Also shows our rip-off Ireland. The label price was 120 Dollars (Aprox €100) and he said don’t mind that price we will look after you.[/QUOTE]

Joe , your off the mark here - Draggin are old style , have not passed the same tests as Sartso and designs are old hat - Draggin are cheaper as they are mass produced in China in a factory that produces standard jeans for Walmart - Sartso factory is also in China but only produces Kevlar lined jeans -

As for the pricing structure well there are many aspects that effect same - vat / old stock / old lines /

Pricing is as follows

Draggin are cheapest -
    Hornee are next
    Sartso are next
    The you have the French brand that are out with the fairies :eek:

Ok next is EU abrassion tests

Sartso are No 1 -

Next is design -

Sartso have taken all the best designers in the industry and have made them create a line that is more in with designer jeans but with the safety beign priority - They have achieved this with great looking jeans that can be worn out that are very fashionable -

Sartso are now the worlds quickest growing KEVLAR jeans producer for a good reason - They are the best without fail -

As for rip off Ireland - Sorry thats hard to really answer but we need to support our retailers - We cannot be compared to the USA -

If you want to wear a pair of jeans that has less protection , not as fashionable as standard jeans, of course buy the cheaper brands - Basically you pay for what you get -

Cheers

SARTSO KILLER JEANS.pdf

Ok next is EU abrassion tests
    Sartso are No 1 -

The abrasion test for 13595-1 does just that - checks that the material has a certain level of abrasion resistance - basically pieces of the material are cut out and put on a sanding belt. Sartso had a mean result of 4.4 seconds. Draggin are identical - 4.4 seconds. To pass the test it only has to be over 4 seconds, I'd guess most of the jeans out there would do that - but it says nothing about the overall quality of the pants - how they'll hold up in a crash, or the quality of stitching etc.

It's like the majority of riding gear out there - they all have big "CE" labels on them, but it generally only applies to the armour in them - it's pretty rare for gear to be fully CE approved.

The only riding jeans in existence that are fully CE certified are the new Draggin C-Evos (being released some time this month I believe).
    If you want to wear a pair of jeans that has less protection , not as fashionable as standard jeans, of course buy the cheaper brands - Basically you pay for what you get -

Following this logic, I'd guess a pair of Rokker Jeans (€350 plus), fully lined with Schoeller Dynatec, are far superior?

recent MCN report

MCN_Sartso_Press.jpg

sartsopassessm.jpg

sartso testing1.pdf

sartsotest.jpg

• Advertisement

I don't know if those are in response to me - but I'll point out all that they say is that the material used in the jeans passed the 13595-1 abarasion standards - which is attained by cutting pieces from the ass and knees (the two areas with the highest likelihood of sliding) and running them on a belt sander type device until they fail.

This in no way means the jeans are CE approved, because they aren't.

Edit: I had no idea I'd trigger an avalanche of copy and paste...

Protection
    TESTED.png
    Download the latest test report from AWTA
    Sartso-Protection-M.jpg

QUOTE "Sartso are currently in the middle of getting the CE approval for their COMPLETE range of jeans , not just one series. As the worlds quickest growing producer of premium Kevlar lined jeans we will continue to set the standards both in quality, safety and design" - Ben Kelly owner and founder of Sartso.

Enough said :D

About this video - why is the area they're "testing" in looking so wet / greasy - the rest of the track is dry - you can see the tracks where the bike has gone outside of the area.

My 15 euro tesco jeans would stay intact if the ground was wet enough :pac: Are they using an area they've soaked to make the "test" look good?

Seriously though - the denim doesn't get shredded, not testing it hard enough to wear through the denim, how is that testing the protective kevlar underneath?

That's why I don't trust manufacturers videos at all, hell is there any jean company that doesn't have a video of them being dragged along the ground?

Draggin
    Esquad

I don't mean to be bashing Sartso - it's just the claims being made are a bit silly - they seem about as good as most other bike jeans, but if the marketing strategy is to bash the competition with strange claims (our factory in china is better than their factory in china)...
    QUOTE "Sartso are currently in the middle of getting the CE approval for their COMPLETE range of jeans , not just one series. As the worlds quickest growing producer of premium Kevlar lined jeans we will continue to set the standards both in quality, safety and design" - Ben Kelly owner and founder of Sartso.

Seeing as Draggin claim it's taken five years of testing and design to get to full CE approval, I won't hold my breath.

About this video - why is the area they're "testing" in looking so wet / greasy - the rest of the track is dry - you can see the tracks where the bike has gone outside of the area.

My 15 euro tesco jeans would stay intact if the ground was wet enough :pac: Are they using an area they've soaked to make the "test" look good?

Seriously though - the denim doesn't get shredded, not testing it hard enough to wear through the denim, how is that testing the protective kevlar underneath?

That's why I don't trust manufacturers videos at all, hell is there any jean company that doesn't have a video of them being dragged along the ground?

Draggin
    Esquad

I think honestly Mike for 100% (if its possible) you need Gortex / Leathers but as an alternative Kevlar jeans are a good alternative - I wear the Sartso Blue Wave with armour at the moment and they are a really good fit (if a little warm due to being heavy bacause of the kevlar lining but you would expect that anyway - but cooler than leathers and gortex)

There is a massive difference between them and a normal pair of heavy denims - They are a beautiful design compared to their competitors (thats my opinion) - I do feel very protected in same -

Any idea on the price of the Draggin CE approved jeans as yet as I cant find same anywhere ?

I think honestly Mike for 100% (if its possible) you need Gortex / Leathers but as an alternative Kevlar jeans are a good alternative - I wear the Sartso Blue Wave with armour at the moment and they are a really good fit (if a little warm due to being heavy bacuse of the kevlar lining)

Good leather is always best for sure, (Aerostitch are textiles approved for track racing, and Motoport stretch Kevlar is probably as good - but they look bloody awful). But I don't really want to wear leathers, so I'll take the lowered protection for the added convenience - still I'd like the jeans to be the best possible.

There is a massive difference between them and a normal pair of heavy denims - They are a beautiful design compared to their competitors (thats my opinion) - I do feel very protected in same
    Any idea on the price of the Draggin CE approved jeans as yet as I cant find same anywhere ?

No prices on them yet - I'd imagine they'll be expensive though, as the first and only jeans with full CE approval they're probably going to sell at a premium.

I don't mean to be bashing Sartso - it's just the claims being made are a bit silly - they seem about as good as most other bike jeans, but if the marketing strategy is to bash the competition with strange claims (our factory in china is better than their factory in china)...

Mike - as a company they are not saying anything against theor factory - But its a fact that the Sartso factory is only producing Kevlar jeans - Nothing else thats all we are stating - It means the stitching etc is always for this type of production - Kevlar Motor Cycle Jeans - thats all - we are not having a go at the Draggin factory at all -

Seeing as Draggin claim it's taken five years of testing and design to get to full CE approval, I won't hold my breath.[/QUOTE]

Well thats something we cannot really answer as we cannot comment on how long it took to produce a CE approved jean but in 5 years production facilities / designs and quality has come a long way to be honest and in fairness to Draggin and other producers the protection 5 years ago in Kevlar jeans is nothing compareed to what is available today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

+1

show me a video of them being dragged along @ 30km/h on Irish gravel strewn roads :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

KamiKazi wrote: »
    +1

show me a video of them being dragged along @ 30km/h on Irish gravel strewn roads :rolleyes:

very true - think you would need steel trousers:)

Advertisement