Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sartso Kevlar Jeans at Mondello Expo

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

KamiKazi wrote: »
    +1

show me a video of them being dragged along @ 30km/h on Irish gravel strewn roads :rolleyes:

:D

Preferably by an oblivious farmer driving a tractor with a silage cutter on it, that's just swung out onto the road without looking.

Actually if you give me a pair of jeans and a video camera, I'm fairly certain I could get that footage at some point over the next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Harleyfatbob

:D

Mike did you have a look at the PDF brochure on the Sartso ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I don't mean to be bashing Sartso - it's just the claims being made are a bit silly - they seem about as good as most other bike jeans, but if the marketing strategy is to bash the competition with strange claims (our factory in china is better than their factory in china)...

Mike - as a company they are not saying anything against theor factory - But its a fact that the Sartso factory is only producing Kevlar jeans - Nothing else thats all we are stating - It means the stitching etc is always for this type of production - Kevlar Motor Cycle Jeans - thats all - we are not having a go at the Draggin factory at all -

Seeing as Draggin claim it's taken five years of testing and design to get to full CE approval, I won't hold my breath.

Well thats something we cannot really answer as we cannot comment on how long it took to produce a CE approved jean but in 5 years production facilities / designs and quality has come a long way to be honest and in fairness to Draggin and other producers the protection 5 years ago in Kevlar jeans is nothing compareed to what is available today. [/QUOTE]

Why do you keep referring to "we". If you have a vested interest in a product declare it now.

Mike did you have a look at the PDF brochure on the Sartso ?

Yup - it confirms what I said - abrasion test of patches cut from the knee and butt area. (Zone 1 and 2 as defined by 13595). Mean time was 4.4 seconds (one of the samples failed at 1.9 seconds) - over the 4 seconds required by 13595. It's still not CE approval though, or any better than most manufacturers.

• Advertisement

Well thats something we cannot really answer as we cannot comment on how long it took to produce a CE approved jean but in 5 years production facilities / designs and quality has come a long way to be honest and in fairness to Draggin and other producers the protection 5 years ago in Kevlar jeans is nothing compareed to what is available today.

Why do you keep referring to "we". If you have a vested interest in a product declare it now.[/QUOTE]

:):):):):):):):):):):):) -

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

:):):):):):):):):):):):) -

Well said, I think that sums up this thread.

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Well said, I think that sums up this thread.

And?

And?

It's poor form to start the thread acting like you're just an interested bystander who has heard of / seen the product and thinks it's great quality, when you're really a dealer / distributor for the product.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

And?

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

• Advertisement

MikeC101 wrote: »
    It's poor form to start the thread acting like you're just an interested bystander who has heard of / seen the product and thinks it's great quality, when you're really a dealer / distributor for the product.

My friend is the sole distributor and I am helping set up the website for him at the moment - I have a pair and I love them - So in theory I am supporting the dealer without actually being involved in the business - so I am commenting on my own experience and not as the dealer

I did try on several weeks ago Hornee and Draggin and honestly hand on heart the Sartso is a better fit and design for me -

Sorry but I did not mean for you to thnk I was being underhanded here at all - Suppose I should have said I know the importer - Sorry guys but Mike I did tell you yesterday that there was a website being set up -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

My friend is the sole distributor and I am helping set up the website for him at the moment - I have a pair and I love them - So in theory I am supporting the dealer without actually being involved in the business - so I am commenting on my own experience and not as the dealer

I did try on several weeks ago Hornee and Draggin and honestly hand on heart the Sartso is a better fit and design for me -

Sorry but I did not mean for you to thnk I was being underhanded here at all - Suppose I should have said I know the importer - Sorry guys but Mike I did tell you yesterday that there was a website being set up -

And that my good friend is called shilling :rolleyes:

Just found out something for you guys - the new Draggin CE approved jeans will retail in the uk at £235 per pair - Ouch

KTRIC wrote: »
    And that my good friend is called shilling :rolleyes:

Honestly not intended :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

shame - will put our own stand the next time

Who are you trying to fool ??. You are the distributer !!.

I have little or zero tolerance for shilling and this really takes the biscuit. It looked like an innocuous topic and I didn't cop on until Cuddlesworth pointed it out.

Take some time off, there's some lovely weather outside, shouldn't you be out pushing / riding your HD :P

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

From another forum:
    We are pleased to announce we are now sole distributors in Ireland for Sartso Killer Kevlar Jeans and Schuberth Gmbh - We are currently looking for bike shops out there looking to stock the Sartso products (www.sartso.com) - We are looking for strong retailers to sell these fantastic designed Kevlar jeans - please contact us at the following email address - <snip> to organise an appoinment for us to show you samples and send you a brochure

I've removed two e-mail addresses from that, but needless to say one of them is Harleyfatbob's, which mean's he's now sitebanned.

Advertisement