Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Entered into my first Photo Competition!

• 28-05-2010 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I'm so excited! I entered into a macro photo competition and so far, have come up in second place!

I've never posted anything in a competition before, so it was a huge shock to go online and see how close i am to winning.

My photo is entitled "Gifts of the Morning". I posted a similar photo here in the Random Photo Thread recently.
    If you'd like to go and cast your vote in the competition, please visit: http://digitalphotobuzz.com/macro-photography-contest and be sure to cast your vote for your favorite before 5:00pm PST today, (which is 1:00am tomorrow morning for us in Ireland) when the voting ends.

Even second place is a huge compliment to me. I'm so excited! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Hi,

Well done on second place.

Just to add; to vote, click on the word vote in the top right of the middle thumbnail on the top row, entitled "Gifts of the Morning".

(just to make it clearer for people, hope you don't mind:))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

I'm a bit slow you see, and it took me a little while to figure out how to vote :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shanona

thanks daycent, i really appreciate the compliment and clarification for others :) you're too kind!

thanks also, for your vote!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

Great photo, your in first now ;) best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Well done, hope you win, looking good now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,607 ✭✭✭✭vectra

voted for you ;)

Can't say I'm mad about this thread. Kinda cheatin' to win in my opinion. :o

I do think you put up a nice photo, but I'd have to go for "curious" myself (the spider).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Can't say I'm mad about this thread. Kinda cheatin' to win in my opinion. :o

When someone says "macro" I automatically expect close-ups of insects, flowers or water-drops - as with the vast majority of the others there. This one is well shot, visually interesting and different from most of the others there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I'm not bribable, I voted for Take me to your leader.
    :)

shanona wrote: »
    ...If you'd like to go and cast your vote in the competition, please visit: http://digitalphotobuzz.com/macro-photography-contest and be sure to cast your vote for your favorite before 5:00pm PST today, (which is 1:00am tomorrow morning for us in Ireland) when the voting ends...

I'm so glad you all are taking the opportunity to vote!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Thanks! i'm stoked!!
    Just waiting for the people at the contest to email me back, but wow! i really appreciate everyone's support and all the votes that i did get.

Advertisement