Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants, can anyone give me an idea??

Options
  • 28-05-2010 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi all, well for the past 2 days i've been given advice from so many people but no one seems to know. i'm applying for an accounting technician course this coming september, i am not entitled to the BTEA as i was on that already, but i can apply for a grant through the VEC. my husband is unemployed with over a year and we have 2 kids, i was on BTEA from sept last till this week. Can anyone tell me what kind of a grant i could receive per month?? everyone has conflicting ideas. i just want to make sure i can afford to do the course. any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭marvin2k

Its all a bit complex you will have to go to your local VEC and ask them as it is means tested for the maintenance grant but your course fees will definitely be covered provided that the course you are doing is a step up from the last one .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

I did the accounting technician course a few years ago as a mature student also through VETEC and applied for a grant however when i left school i went to ballyfermot college and did a Higher national diploma course and because i did this they said i wasnt entitled to a grant and never got one
    the higher national diploma was a waste of two years of my life which i also had to work two jobs to pay for so when i at 23 decided that i wanted a proper education and went looking for help i got none lived in absolute poverty for two years doing the IATI however it is well worth it in the long run and best of luck with your grant application and with the course and sorry no help with your grant question :o

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Vinoveritas

hi all, well for the past 2 days i've been given advice from so many people but no one seems to know. i'm applying for an accounting technician course this coming september, i am not entitled to the BTEA as i was on that already, but i can apply for a grant through the VEC. my husband is unemployed with over a year and we have 2 kids, i was on BTEA from sept last till this week. Can anyone tell me what kind of a grant i could receive per month?? everyone has conflicting ideas. i just want to make sure i can afford to do the course. any help much appreciated.

Best advice is to contact the grants department in your local VEC. They are under alot of pressure once the Leaving Cert results come out..so now is a good time to contact them.

Advertisement