Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bizarre broadband issue - Vodafone

• 28-05-2010 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

I signed up for BT dial up back in 2002 when I lived in Dublin. 01 number.

Moved to Newbridge in 2003 and changed connection to the number there. 045 number

Took out BT broadband in 2004 on the same 045 number

Migrated to Vodafone broadband in late 2009 on the same 045 number.

Vodafone broadband went down last week. Rang them to ask why. They said "I don't know why it's gone but your broadband is on the 01 number". I said "get it off, I haven't lived for seven years. My broadband should be on the 045 number".
    Broadband came back a few hours later.

Vodafone broadband goes down today. Rang them to ask why. They said " I don't know wht it's gone but your broadband is on the 01 number". I said "get if off, I haven't lived there for seven years. My broadband should be on the 045 number"

They go onto say that "your broadband can't be changed over to the 045 number unless you cancel the 01 number and reapply"

So how come I've been getting broadband to the 045 number for six years?

They can't answer that. Useless.

I am assuming that it'll come back at some point later on. Thing is, I am still on the old BT settings. If I switch the modem to the new vodafone settings then what phone number should I input? Don't want to jeopardise it.

Comments

Advertisement