Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup Fantasy League for League Members

Options
  • 28-05-2010 4:59pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok with the World Cup approaching I have setup a fantasy football league for those who play in the leagues to join and take part in.

Last season I ran the Premier League fantasy League which Richie won, netting himself a few quid in the process!

To keep it interesting theres a €10 fee to join which goes into a pot. Depending on the numbers who join I will post a split for the pot either winner takes all or 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

If you are interested and want to join then add your name here and I will pm you with the code for the league and my bank or paypal details.

You will need to register on the website before hand and then join the league when I pm you with the code.

http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/

I will also be running the Premier League one again once it is open for sign up on the premier league website.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I'm in.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Cool, will send details once have a few more names and know theres an interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I don't have enough time to get league games played any more, but I'll sign up for this if theres no objections.

Otherwise, I'll just stick to my work league. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Cheers Axwell I'm on for this too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Im in Axwelll cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Seems there isnt much interest in this but will give it a few more days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I dont have my old card anymore so cant use pay pal at the minute. Il join up for fun though.

Can lodge it to account either, no joining for fun if people join they are in for a tenner, theres no interest when some dont pay and all the others do. Ill see what the numbers are like by Wednesday and decide whether or not to bother with it.

Osu wrote: »
    Seriously, how petty is that. Maybe if you had of set something up for PS3 it wouldn't of happened. Again, bias reigns through this boards towards Xbox players.

Why would I set something up for PS3, I dont have a PS3..what use would it be for me!?? Stop trolling before you get a week ban to cool off. You dont want to join, grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

We'll have the PES mob looking to join next :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Not as petty as getting your knickers in a twist over a friendly WC fantasy league. Why not take a bit of initiative and run these things yourself next time, instead of just criticising the people who do bother their holes?

Back on topic, we should probably go ahead if there are only 5 or 6 of us, 50 quid would be a nice little kitty, and all of us have a decent shot at it then. Has anyone else checked out the rules for the McDonalds ones? Players like Mascherano may be very valuable now, with every ball back now worth +1, and he won't be giving many balls away to get -1.

Very interesting game they've come up with. When I started FPL last season, took me about 6 gameweeks before I had a bloody clue what i was at, no such luxury in this!

Yeah ill go ahead anyways if the lads above are still interested with only 5 or 6 involved. As you said its still 50 quid. I'll leave it till Wednesday to see if a few more want to join up and go with then.

Due to lack of interest lads I have decided to not run this, Joe and Al Dunne both decided not to enter so there isnt enough number to make it worth while.

I will run the premier league one as per usual in August.

Cheers

Advertisement