Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Bite

Options
  • 28-05-2010 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi really need some advice regarding our dog, a local woman has gone to the guards saying that the dog has bitten her and she wants money for the doctor bill €60.
    The very intimidating guard called to the house looking for this money.
    1. He won't give us the name of the person - are we entitled to know who has made the complaint?
    2. He keeps saying that this woman wants €60 and "that's just the start of it" with no further elaboration
    3. We cannot be sure that it was our dog - the woman says she saw it run into our garden - there are lots of dogs in the area our garden is big and wide open- could have been anyones dog!.
    4. Since then my mother won't let the dog out of the house unless he is on a lead - which I believe is right. and we are very careful in case it was him that he is supervised at all times

My question is -
    What do we do ???-
    If we pay - are we admitting liability?
    If we don't pay - can she go to the courts and what could happen there when there are no witnesses and i doubt any evidence - could she get some money anyway because the dog ran into our house
    By the way as I understood the bite this woman got did not cause her to bleed but may have ripped her jeans
    I would really appreciate some genuine and worthwhile advice.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Contact your solicitor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Apologies but we're not allowed to give legal advice here so I must close this thread - if you have concerns please contact a solicitor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement