Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy components for pc build0

Options
  • 28-05-2010 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

hi. I'm about to buy components for a pc build and have no idea where to buy. i heard komplett were good but alot of people seemed to be unhappy with them. also i HAVE to use a credit card so therefore i can not order from hardwareversand.de! it has to be trustworthy and cheap. any suggestions on where i could buy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

elazar55 wrote: »
    hi. I'm about to buy components for a pc build and have no idea where to buy. i heard komplett were good but alot of people seemed to be unhappy with them. also i HAVE to use a credit card so therefore i can not order from hardwareversand.de! it has to be trustworthy and cheap. any suggestions on where i could buy?
    Scan.co.uk
    Ebuyer.co.uk

Scan is one my favorite companies. Customer service has always been great for me.

Elara.ie is worth a mention but it's pretty much more expensive on most things. Great support though.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭elazar55

Scan.co.uk
    Ebuyer.co.uk

Scan is one my favorite companies. Customer service has always been great for me.

Elara.ie is worth a mention but it's pretty much more expensive on most things. Great support though.

i tried to register on ebuyer but it won't let me put in a post code. it says its invalid even though the faq tells me to put rep irl and it doesnt work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

postcode is REP123. It works fine, got a hard drive about 3 months ago. Delivery is cheeeeep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

hare05 wrote: »
    postcode is REP123. It works fine, got a hard drive about 3 months ago. Delivery is cheeeeep.

So eBuyer definitely ship to ROI? I haven't come across anything on their site (et) that says they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I order the guts of a full desktop PC, a 24" LCD Montior and a Netbook off them over the last year.

But I did have to ring CS to get my account setup since they site was not taking my address.
    So eBuyer definitely ship to ROI? I haven't come across anything on their site (et) that says they do.

• Advertisement

Delivery options outside mainland UK

Delivery to Northern Ireland, Eire, Scottish Offshore, Scottish Highlands, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man

A table of delivery options Delivery options Price & delivery times Within 2 - 3 working days Only £9.99 7am - 7pm

just enter REP123 in postcode and it will let you register.

elazar55 wrote: »
    Delivery options outside mainland UK

Delivery to Northern Ireland, Eire, Scottish Offshore, Scottish Highlands, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man

A table of delivery options Delivery options Price & delivery times Within 2 - 3 working days Only £9.99 7am - 7pm

just enter REP123 in postcode and it will let you register.

Definitely ordering from them then, I save about €20 on the shipping and all my parts are in stock. How's customer service with them?

Hey, on Ebuyer, some of the items I put in my cart have an exclamation mark beside them, what does this mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

OP, I'm pretty sure that the last order my son got from hardwareversand.de did not require bank details. It was either visa or paypal. I will find out as soon as he comes home if you like.

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    OP, I'm pretty sure that the last order my son got from hardwareversand.de did not require bank details. It was either visa or paypal. I will find out as soon as he comes home if you like.

great thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Yes, can confirm he used paypal for the last order.
    If you have any problems just PM me and I will get him to contact you.
    He has built a few systems and always bought the parts from them....reckons they can't be beaten on price.

Advertisement