Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My sisters cat has run away!

Options
  • 28-05-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can give a bit of advice. My sister has a male, neutered cat. He is indoor and outdoor but doesn't seem to roam too far. However in the last couple of weeks he has been attacked by a large male stray cat. The first time her cat came back after a few hours limping but seemed to make a full recovery. However it happened again yesterday, she actually had to throw water over them to break them up and her cat hasn't reappeared. She doesn't think he was seriously injured as they both ran away when they got wet.

Has this happened to anyone before? She is worried that he will be too scared to come home, as his territory has been threatened, my neice is absolutely devastated. She's really hoping he comes home when he gets hungry, but she is very worried about him. They have searched all over and no sign of him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

This happens a lot and he'll probably be back in the morning or sometime soon. I hope he will be.

If the cat keeps attacking him viciously then she might have to keep him indoors if possible. Or try to get rid of the other cat, spraying him with water everytime she sees him, chasing his away banging things to scare him, maybe throwing something towards him (but nothing like a rock that would actually hurt him)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

You may be able to get loan of a live trap for the stray Tom. Keep your cat indoors for now and get him tested for Feline HIV and the like. If he has caught it from the stray than his management will need to be changed. Some cats cope better with it than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Good news! The cat turned up, hungry but otherwise unharmed. Sister is delighted, neice is delerious so all worked out ok! She is going to keep him indoors for now and I will pass on the tips about spraying the stray with water etc. I muct make sure she isn't leaving any cat food where the stray can get it, as that might be attracting him.

Thanks for all the replies!

Advertisement