Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editor that saves all edit history

Options
  • 28-05-2010 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I wonder does anyone know of an editor that saves the history of all edits (like what photoshop does or google wave) and would be able to save them to file. It would be especially useful for writing code and seeing exactly from step one where things came from

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I'm not aware of any application but I think most developers use a version control system like Git or SVN to keep track of revisions. I know I do.

It can be a bit of a task to get your head around it at first, but once you do you'll never look back.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

you can set up a repository on http://code.google.com/ which is free and can be very handy if you end up messing up your code. If you are using eclipse i can tell u how to set it up, otherwise, hopefully someone else will be able to give you a hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if you're on mac xcode has built in version control never had to use as i use git and cvs.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

I think XCode just provides a plugin for SVN as opposed to it's own source control.

I use Mercurial and TortoiseHG. It's similar to git.

Advertisement