Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cumann ng and FF

Options
  • 28-05-2010 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

What points for cng and ff regarding economy essay should be made???

Please help guys, im really stuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what about demorcacy too

PLEASE GUYS :(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

For CNG, I'd focus on balancing the budget, promoting agriculture and definitely setting up semi-state bodies.

For FF, I'd focus on the rise of protectionism, continuing with the semi-state bodies and definitely the economic war with Britain. If you learn these things, you should be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

i cant find protectionism in my less stress or my school book!!! freaking out:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yeah, I didn't phrase that too well. What I mean was that FF tried to promote Irish businesses by placing tariffs on foreign goods and thus, encouraged the people to buy Irish.

For democracy, it would depend on how the question is phrased. Can you give me an example?

hmm

"how did fianna fail consolidate democracy"?
    Saw it somewhere . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dyeti

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    i cant find protectionism in my less stress or my school book!!! freaking out:eek::eek::eek::eek:

lol, those books are crap anyways. They're generally good for other subjects, but for History they're hands down AWFUL. In one of them, I'm not sure if it was Revise Wise or Less Stress, but it showed a picture of Germany in 1919 and it said underneath "Hitler's Reich in 1919", WTF! In my Revise Wise one, it goes on about how Lenin hated democracy, how Stalin enforced collectivization which caused the kulaks to rebel causing a famine, THEN straight after it calls it a man-made genocide!!!

In short, if you want to study History, just use the book!

• Advertisement

hmm

"how did fianna fail and cng consolidate democracy"?
    Saw it somewhere . .

Right, for CNG restoring Law and order, fixing the courts and definitely the electoral amendment act.

For FF, I think it's a bit trickier. I'd write about how they dealt the IRA and the Blueshirts. Also, the Constitution is very important.

regarding FF economy does it go:

1.intro
    2. after cng
    3. economic war
    4. economy - agri, indust
    5. conclucion

?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

regarding FF economy does it go:

1.intro
    2. after cng
    3. economic war and 4 protectionism ( tbh, the economic war deleveloped into protectionism i.e refusal to repay land annuities etc => protectionism to the peril of both Britain and Ireland)
    5 economy - agri, indust
    6 Effect of Social policy on economy- eg compare CnaG's vital mistake in reducing pensions & Garda salaries to balance the books to FF's more liberal, more expensive social policy => higher taxes etc)
    7conclucion

?:)

That's all I can remember from last year anyway.
    You also may want to mention the Shannon scheme (NB as this was a very far-out thing for the conservative CnG to do-but it paid off by stimulating the economy with employment, long term and short term (ie in its construction) and it also had a return for the Gov (i.e electricity). Using the Shannon scheme and the econ war as comparisons, one could argue that FF had not had the good economic foresight that CnaG had.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Apparently these two are a sure bet for Sovereignty and Partition this year.

Advertisement