Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ink Cartridge replacing in Galway

Options
  • 28-05-2010 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any experience of or know of any place in Galway that have re-usable ink ......

Basically looking for ink cheaper than buying new at €30 a pop per cartridge and they get used very quickly. Just wondering if I could do something like just re-fill a cartridge for cheaper rather than buying.

I'm guessing it wouldn't be an advised thing to do, but times are hard!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

There's a cartridge shop (dunno exact name) in Westside, beside the toy shop/Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

There's a cartridge shop (dunno exact name) in Westside, beside the toy shop/Aldi.

+1 to this place.

If you are filling them yourself, you can buy colour ink in Aldi. Argos do Black ink (and colour but more expensive than Aldi). If you are filling the colour cartridges using Aldi's ink, do NOT fill them to the top as directed in the instructions. Find out the ink capacity for each colour of your cartridge in mls and just fill in this amount using the supplied syringe.

I went from buying original cartridges, to getting them filled by a refiller, to filling them myself, but ended up buying high capacity non-original cartriges online.

If you need to print out many colour leaflets, it may be a lot cheaper to order them from an online printing company, especially if your leaflet / brochure has a background colour such as beige / yellow / etc. I found that after getting a cartridge refilled, I was only getting 35 - 50 sheets before my yellow dissappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

Half Price Ink in Dominick Street sells ink cartridges at a reduced rate and refills them as well. I've been buying my ink there for a while now and it's seriously cheaper to get a multi-pack there as opposed to somewhere like Easons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Oh thanks ever so much for all ye're help. I must investigate further when I'm around town again.

Unfortunately in more care-free days some years ago I had no problem at all forking out for a swanky Printer, it was new at the time, the same model didn't even stay in business for long they dis-continued it I think! But anyways with no care in the world it didn't bother me or enter my head to find out the price of cartridges to use the Printer! :-) As it happens it only uses 1 type of cartridge which costs €30, the colour is €35 I think, (or it could be vice-versa.) But I think there probably are Printers you can get where the cost of the cartridge is fairly reasonable.

But yeah times are a bit different now. I'm not looking for anything for doing up Brochures, just for normal use, but even sourcing the cheap ink on-line might be worth it if it's usable, and works out cheaper, and I must go into those shops in Galway too and suss them out. As you guys seem to be familiar with them, that's good news. :-) Even any bit cheaper is better than full price at the moment ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

No cartridges are generally about as expensive as the printer every time you buy one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

On the topic of printers- if you'r ejust doing normal stuff then I cannot recomment a cheap black and white laser printer enough. They've come down hugely in price, and toner costs less than 1/10th of the price per sheet than inkjet ink. You might spend a bit more at the start but the savings on consumables are immeasurable

Advertisement