Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance company screwing existing customers

Options
  • 28-05-2010 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

I got a quote for car insurance from the company I am currently with, but when I rang I asked for a new insurance quote. I got my quote that I was happy with, but then they say oh we see your an existing customer that quote is invalid and its another €75 now. Can they do this? Its a total joke that they are penalising existing customers. Would this fall under any regulation or code of practice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I don't see how. I can't see how they would not be entitled to discount their product to attract new business. Happens in many businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

They usually offer introductary rates for new customers. An extra discount. Sounds legit to me.
    You should always shop around when your policy ends. Saved myself hundreds by looking elsewhere and then have my original insurance company ringing me trying to do better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭AARRRRGH

irishguy wrote: »
    I got a quote for car insurance from the company I am currently with, but when I rang I asked for a new insurance quote. I got my quote that I was happy with, but then they say oh we see your an existing customer that quote is invalid and its another €75 now. Can they do this? Its a total joke that they are penalising existing customers. Would this fall under any regulation or code of practice?

Just take your business elsewhere.
    ALWAYS GET AT LEAST 5 QUOTES WHEN RENEWING.

Advertisement