Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with complicated gear set-up.

• 28-05-2010 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭

Ok, I'm looking for some advice. This is what I want to do:

I want to run my guitar through an octave divider (and compressor) into a bass amp, so it sounds (somewhat) like a bass. I want to loop these bass lines and play guitar over them.

Here is a list of the gear:

- Mex Strat with Kinman pups
    - Peavy Classic 30 1x12 valve amp
    - Two bass amps, both 1x15. One is a Crate 100w and the other is an old Piggy amp by Prince, I'm not sure but I reckon it's around 50w. I want to use both of these together for more volume (I'm not sure how to do this?) I'll be upgrading to a 300w 4x10 combo when I can afford to.
    And the pedals:
    - BBE Opto Comp Compressor
    - Foxrox Octron octave pedal
    - George Dennis GD30 Wah
    - Deucetone Rat
    - Fuzz Factory clone
    - Boss Blues Driver
    - Danelectro French Toast octave fuzz
    - EHX Muff Overdrive
    - EHX Bass Balls envelope filter
    - Danelectro Dan-Echo delay
    - Digitech Jamman Looper Pedal
    (I haven't actually bought a Jamman yet, it's just on the shopping list)

For the bass parts I just need the octaver, compressor and looper. Maybe an OD too. But I want to use all of the above with the guitar signal. I also want to loop guitar parts.

I assume I'll need some kind of switcher pedal but I've never used one before and don't know much about them. A simple A/B will only allow me to switch between guitar/bass sides but won't allow them both playing at the same so I'm not sure what I need.

I played guitar in rock/indie bands for years and my set-up was Guitar > OD > RAT > Delay > Amp and that was it. I've mostly been playing bass these last few years but I'm going back to guitar. I can't find a good enough bass player where I live, hence wanting to do it all myself! The music will be very much influenced by electronic music/funk & soul/afrobeat & african blues, so the looping thing should work well. I'm just bloody confused on how to set it all up! Any help appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

All you need is a Line Selector. So you have Line Selector > Octavator/Comp or whatever > Loop > Amp out one side and your guitar pedals out the other side. As long as the loop is at the end of the line it won't make a difference that you're not putting a signal through, it'll keep going. You could also just use the one amp if you got an adaptor that has two jack inputs and one output... Like a guitar jack sized one of these

nz421629.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Advertisement