Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clearwire firewall

• 28-05-2010 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to download something and a firewall is stopping it. The firewall on the laptop is off so it has to be clearwire. I did a little browsing and found this (quoted part) but I'm not tech minded and have no idea how to do what he's talking about. I don't know what he means by gateway and I had no idea that you could simply change a digit in IP adresses. Can anyone explain this to me so I can actually download this thing faster than 50kb/s
    Oh, finally, my secret for defeating the Clearwire firewall (at least around here):
    the secret is they have more than one gateway! And of those, they apparently
    keep one for themselves that isn't rate-limted. So, in my case, I simply change
    the final number in the IP from a "1" to a "3" for the gateway IP. And voila!

Just a note I'm going to change off clearwire but not for a few months.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Doing that would be against their terms, and you can't configure the modem without hacking it.

Get rid of Clearwire, because they're crap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement