Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shops dealing with campagnolo?

• 28-05-2010 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Unfortunately something's wrong with my bottom bracket/cups/crankset (probably the bearings) and I can't fix it my self. I took it to Joe Daly but he doesn't really want to mess around with it as he doesn't have the technical knowledge behind campa, fair enough. Daly is the only shop I am dealing with so far, so do you have any recommendations where I can go the bike to get it fixed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Jimmy Humphries in Finglas I believe is Campag 'equipped' or drop Mr Skeffington a line.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I have Campag BB tools, including bearing removers if you need them. What's the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Humphries is in the other end of the town for me, but thanks, if nothing else come along I ll pay them a visit.

Mr. Skeff was a bit unlucky with it as well :)
    el tonto wrote: »
    I have Campag BB tools, including bearing removers if you need them. What's the problem?

I really don't know, there is a knocking sound when going slow, and when you put some power the knocking sounds becomes a grinding awful noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Mr. Skeff was a bit unlucky with it as well :)
    Jesus if Skeff failed then hope is running out..

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I really don't know, there is a knocking sound when going slow, and when you put some power the knocking sounds becomes a grinding awful noise.

It does sound like the bearings could be gone. You could try regreasing them by taking off the cranks and pulling off the plastic cover on them (carefully). If they're too far gone, new bearings will cost around €20 to €25 but you need the tools to fit them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

I rang around a few places on the southside and city centre last week looking for a campy FD and no-one had anything in stock. i think replacement from your OBS (online bike shop) may be your best bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

Cycle Super Store in Tallaght.

Cheers man.

Dave from Joe Daly's sent me to CycleInn at Longmile Road and the guys there are taking care of my bike as we speak. I am expecting to have it by the end of the day, we 'll see!

Forgot to update this. The bearings and the bb cups were gone, don't know if it's normal for campa to go off that soon, around 2.500-3.000kms on them. Cycle inn replaced the whole lot for 90 quid and all is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

who sorted your bike, richie?

he's a bit of a waffler, but he's actually not the worst

• Advertisement

Yeap Richie. He seemed to do alright work, so can't blame him for anything.

Advertisement