Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

foam mattress

Options
  • 28-05-2010 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

hi folks would any of ye know where i would get a foam for top of my sons mattress , his mattres is realy hard and im just wondering if theres such thing as a foam mattres so i wouldnt have to buy new one . they are so dear, ive a quilt doubled over under him for the time being . money is a problem cos hubbie was made redundent , can some one help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

How about just buying a mattress topper? I think I saw them in penneys- it's just a layer of foam that fits over the existing mattress.

But if you can't afford it I really wouldn't worry too much, I grew up in a house where we really didn't have any money at all, spent my entire childhood on a thin, thin mattress on hard springs on the old fashioned metal bunkbeds and it didn't do me any harm at all. The bed was so hard and uncomfortable that when I used to go home for a visit in later life I was amazed I never realised when I was a kid how bad it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

i'll be looking in pennys tomorrow. yes i do know what you mean about really hard mattres, i was the same 30yrs ago. thanks for the imfo.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

You could try sites like Freecycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jelfs

And Jumbletown.ie also ikea quite reasonable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

I bought a foam mattress top in the market opposite the cemetery in Glasnevin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Jo King wrote: »
    I bought a foam mattress top in the market opposite the cemetery in Glasnevin.
    i live in galway, i went in to curlys bed, and furniture store they dont do them any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

They are on ebay too, if that's any good.

Advertisement