Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore Amusement Park

Options
  • 28-05-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I can't seem to find any official website for this amusement park. I'd like to organise a few days in Tramore in August for a birthday and I'd love to get some more information so I can get an idea of a budget.

If there is no official website can anyone recommend a good website with information such as what rides they have, how much the rides generally cost, what to expect from the stands, are there places to eat within the park or would you be better off bringing your own food, etc?

:pac: All advice appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

You might find something here or here there are some nice places to eat around Tramore, just a stroll from the amusements and of course if you are into Fisn N Chips there's Dooleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Tramore amusements (or 'down around') are just an area of land going towards the beach. Its not a park that you pay into. The rides tend to come and go so its hard to say with any certainty what is there and what is not. There would usually be around 20 rides, and possibly twice as many booths (open to correction on that, I haven't been down there since the season started) including dodgems, a big wheel, waltzer, etc. Across the road are several amusement arcades. The whole area is very compact and easy to get around.

Plenty of fish and chips, burgers, Chinese, Indian, etc within easy walking distance of the beach and amusements.

Is this an adult, teen or childrens' party?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Thanks guys, I'm glad I've got enough time to do some research.

Looksee, it's just a couple of adults - none of us really get on many of the "scary" rides so we're not looking for anything too thrillseeking.

I can't seem to find any other purpose-built amusement park like this anywhere else in Ireland. My husband suggested "just going to Alton Towers or Thorpe Park" but I'm trying to keep costs down for evveryone. Especially as finding white-knuckle rides isn't an issue.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Thanks guys, I'm glad I've got enough time to do some research.

Looksee, it's just a couple of adults - none of us really get on many of the "scary" rides so we're not looking for anything too thrillseeking.

I can't seem to find any other purpose-built amusement park like this anywhere else in Ireland. My husband suggested "just going to Alton Towers or Thorpe Park" but I'm trying to keep costs down for evveryone. Especially as finding white-knuckle rides isn't an issue.

Are you coming down for just the day, planning on staying over night, etc? Would be able to sort you out some good deals if you are interested in staying over.

The park has lots to offer depending on what you can and cant handle in terms of "thrill seeking". I'm not great when it comes to amusements myself and Tramore is probably one of the best, if not the best, parks your going to get in Ireland. Plus, the indoor arcades across the way are equally good fun - from slot machines, to general racing/fighting games etc. Make it a bit competitive and people of all ages will find it good craic.

If you want just a take away - the prom has some excellent choices. Sometimes people think that because its beside an amusement park the take aways are going to be poor but its by far the opposite. There are a few very popular chippers down that way so you wont be stuck for choice. Likewise up town, and the same applies for restaurants - Tramore has many award winning, well priced and popular places to eat out in.

Get in touch if you want I can help put together some suggestions on places to stay and eat, depending how long your staying and what you want to do. You will get good deals now (have a look on the Discover Tramore site for a few) if your planning on staying down. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jupiter85

on average about 2 euro a ride i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

jupiter85 wrote: »
    on average about 2 euro a ride i think.

Usually the new bigger rides are more expensive. There has been a rollercoaster for the past couple of years which I think was €5 but no sign of it this year so far.

Also a large Ferris wheel which also doesn't appear to be there this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 carlovian1

yeah but some of the rides do deals too dont they , like the roller coaster is €5 or you get 3 goes for €10 or something like that :confused: ... it's been a while tho since i've been there

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I walked through there recently and everything looked to be around 2.50 or 3 quid per ride.
    I second the recommendation for doolys chipper. You'll know it when you see it. Its the one with the queue out the door and halfway down the road!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Beanies girl

there was a crane down there yesterday putting something up could well have been the roller coaster i will have a look tomorrow and update. Massimos is also down there which for me is every bit as good as dooley - but it depends what you are looking for i go to one place for one thing and somewhere else for another. I thought the rides were all around €4 each but i am, used to being wrong lol

if you get a few nice days tramore is hard to beat

Advertisement