Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Pet Hates.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Expensive plane food

Random bitch sitting next to me on a flight earlier bought a teensy can of Pepsi Max (it was seriously minuscule, I've seen bigger tampons) and paid two quid for it.

Rargh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

When my voice cracks despite being past the age such that that shouldn't really be happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

People who go on boards and say they're drunk and stuff even though their grammar and punctuation are perfect....That wouldn't happen if you're hammered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

creggy wrote: »
    People who go on boards and say they're drunk and stuff even though their grammar and punctuation are perfect....That wouldn't happen if you're hammered.
    Or people who (obviously) pretend they are drunk. HS did it IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Meteor's wonderful ability to constantly employ people that I would love to bludgeon to death in their ads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I know this probably doesn't annoy other people but, people on buses who play music from their phones/ipods REALLY loudly, as in, without headphones so everyone else HAS to listen. At the moment I'm sitting behind an 11/12 year old who's playing songs that I've barely heard before, switching song every 15 seconds, singing along to them, and its up so high that you can hear it all through the bus and I cant even drown it out with my own ipod. I know I sound like such an old woman here, but in fairness, theres people trying to sleep, elderly people and even the busdriver who are all having this blaring out at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Meteor's wonderful ability to constantly employ people that I would love to bludgeon to death in their ads.

OH-MY-GOD. SCANDAL! :rolleyes:

Parents with technology. My mam was supposed to be only 2 minutes on the internet to look up our hotel thing seeing as I was using it at the time. Went downstairs to watch tv for half an hour, came back up and she was still looking for the site because she only figured how to search through the http address bar *sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I know this probably doesn't annoy other people but, people on buses who play music from their phones/ipods REALLY loudly, as in, without headphones so everyone else HAS to listen. At the moment I'm sitting behind an 11/12 year old who's playing songs that I've barely heard before, switching song every 15 seconds, singing along to them, and its up so high that you can hear it all through the bus and I cant even drown it out with my own ipod. I know I sound like such an old woman here, but in fairness, theres people trying to sleep, elderly people and even the busdriver who are all having this blaring out at them.

I hate this. They're always on the buses I get. Blaring crappy fuzzy music, that you can barely hear. Annoying everyone else. I want to break their phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

F*cking horse flies :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

People who namedrop.

People who mention their boyfriend or girlfriend in every sentence.

I will probably think of more in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

"Guys, I'm 12 years old and I'm a big communist, I live in a big house and I hate poor people, but I'm wearing this €60 Ché Guevara t-shirt so that makes me a non-conformist commie right?"

Girls with Facebook profile photos of them kissing their boyfriends.

DIIIIEEE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Wasps - hate the bastards. I was at a graveyard mass earlier and half way through my sister pointed out there was a wasp was flying around my arm. Nearly jumped out of my skin, restrained myself from roaring out "FUUUUUCCCCC*" though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Girls with Facebook profile photos of them kissing their boyfriends.

DIIIIEEE

People with boyfriends, full stop.
    /Bitterness

Instant coffee.

Why.

WHY?

WHHHHY?

It's like those mashed potatoes that come in a packet.

IT'S JUST WRONG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

The sound of chalk on a black-board.

When people spell my name wrong.

Tea with no sugar.

SALT. It ruins food.

Selfish people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Sports punditry.

I don't like watching sports, but I can definitely see the appeal. I'll never understand the fascination with watching fat old people sitting around analysing a match to ludicrous detail for hours. Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

The bank. I could not possibly hate the bank anymore than I do. I'm scared of all the mean people, and I can't stand the long queues and the fact that everyone is sad in there because it makes the atmosphere feel heavy and it's harder to breathe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

creggy wrote: »

I have actually managed to do that a few times before. Not every time though. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I have actually managed to do that a few times before. Not every time though. :D

Amateur :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 how.are.ya

i hate to see when people wear t shirts and legging and they have stains down the t shirt.ahhhh and im talking ladies.you know who you are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I do it all the time.

The first time I posted on boards drunk I was the subject of ridicule in this very forum. So now I try not make an ass of myself with spelling.
    I still make an ass of myself, but in other ways.

Leggings are not trousers. They're fine if you wear a long top or something with them, but please, don't just wear a normal top and then leggings. Just no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

kateos2 wrote: »
    Leggings are not trousers. They're fine if you wear a long top or something with them, but please, don't just wear a normal top and then leggings. Just no.
    Translation;cover your F*cking arse up.

Also,"jeggings" *shudder* why wear stuff that's made to look like pants?Just buy a pair of F*cking jeans.

*storms off to R&R*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

kateos2 wrote: »

Thank God someone else agrees with me. I saw a girl a while back wearing see-through tight white leggings and I thought I would be sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Adhamh

I work in a big shop. I work among crowds of people. When it's busy, which is frequently enough, all you hear is a constant murmur of indistinct speech. So it really annoys me when people act indignant when they ask a question to the back of your head without even saying as much as 'Excuse me?' to make sure that they've got your attention, and don't get a response from me.

What annoys me further is when they just ask again, without saying 'Hello?' or anything.

This genuinely happens about three or four times a day.

Grrr...

Just because they're patterned doesn't mean it's ok either. I wonder sometimes do people look in the mirror before they leave. I saw a girl with highlighter pink hair and 2 inch brown roots on the bus earlier. If you really want your hair pink that's up to you, but manage your roots a bit better.

*Follows Ginja to R&R*

leggings or jeggings are for fat people that find jeans uncomfortable.but girls that still dont make them ok.but its the leggings with a bean stained top that make me want to scream:eek:

Ally7 wrote: »
    Thank God someone else agrees with me. I saw a girl a while back wearing see-through tight white leggings and I thought I would be sick!
    yes enough to make you sick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

i fcuking hate when people double click when they don't have to:mad: aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

Spilling water all down your top when drinking a bottle of water :[

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

clarke1991 wrote: »
    i fcuking hate when people double click when they don't have to:mad: aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
    Or single click when a double is required. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭MrSir

I hate people who believe a conversation is endlessly quoting Family Guy. You know I don't like the show so why quote it in my face!

MrSir wrote: »
    I hate people who believe a conversation is endlessly quoting Family Guy. You know I don't like the show so why quote it in my face!

buzzkill.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

HATE Family Guy

Therefore it grinds my gears when people go about going GIGGIDY all of the time. Fúck off!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Or single click when a double is required. :/

don't get me started
    HATE Family Guy

Therefore it grinds my gears when people go about going GIGGIDY all of the time. Fúck off!!

i like family guy:o

attachment.php?attachmentid=6909&d=1253952009

HATE Family Guy

grindsmygears.jpg?

I agree with you even though I think Family Guy can be a decent show. What's worse is that they normally pick the unfunny drawn-out bits of filler to quote.

Davidius wrote: »
    I agree with you even though I think Family Guy can be a decent show. What's worse is that they normally pick the unfunny drawn-out bits of filler to quote.

I think that's just your friends, David :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

A Neurotic:

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

=D

• Advertisement

I actually really don't like texting, it just takes sooo long compared to typing

AllInOne wrote: »
    I actually really don't like texting, it just takes sooo long compared to typing

There are many things I dislike about texting, but pet hate the 47th:

When someone you're with at the cinema texts away during the movie.

Way to break the magic of the shared cinematic experience, JEEEZ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

When you accept friend requests from people on msn with weird names but you accept them anyway because some people have weird names on msn and then it turns out you don't know that person and they are in fact a prostitute. I really wish they would stop adding me.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭MrSir

When you accept friend requests from people on msn with weird names but you accept them anyway because some people have weird names on msn and then it turns out you don't know that person and they are in fact a prostitute. I really wish they would stop adding me.
    What can I say us prostitutes are drawn to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

AllInOne wrote: »

Not if you have a phone with a QWERTY keyboard :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

The appalling level of spelling and grammar displayed by the average Twitter user makes me want to cry.

Exhibit A:
    #howyouagangsta when your jail you was in had a swimming pool?

Exhibit B:
    #howyouagangsta but can't pay yo water bill? How yu gonna cook crack now

Exhibit C:
    #howyouagangsta and skurred 2go 2da Suburbia Hood (County Hood)

As opposed to lessons on how one can be "gangsta", the good people of Twitter are in dire need of ENGLISH LESSONS. RAGE!

Oh and yes, the above examples are very hilarious once deciphered into legible English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Hairdressers who don't understand what a trim is. Its a trim. Its not code word for CHOP OFF 2 INCHES PLZ :mad:

When people are overly sensitive and try to interrogate you for a comment that can apparently be interpreted as meaning something offensive. Christ almighty, if I wanted to call you an asshole I'd call you an asshole.

Stop trying to find a meaning in nothing ya moody eejits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

I loathe when people spell my name wrong. Yes "Sinead" looks pretty right, but it's still WRONG. There's a fada, people! It means the difference between my name being Shin-aid and Shin-add.
    Generally it only really, really bothers me when said mistake is made by government officials. Yeah, I am talking to you Garda Age Card people and you, Mr Tax Man. I put a fecking fada on the form, my name is Irish, we live in Ireland - include it!

Also, the Sinéads of Facebook - why do you spell your own name wrong?! Why?! WHY?

Probably a tad irrational of me, but annoying nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

I feel the exact smae about the name Seán. I don't even no many Seáns but they all spell is Sean, which if I remeber correctly is the Irish for "Old" and not a flattering name. Grrr!

• Advertisement
Advertisement