Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Pet Hates.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Hate people fawning over babies.
    No theyre not special.people do it every day.
    Theyre not gorgeous.They're all little irritating lumps of crying flesh.
    Well done on passing a person.That doesnt mean I want to hold it,sit next to it anywhere or interrupt my day so I can look at it and go AWWWWWWWWWWW cause it learned how to breathe and efficiently move snot from nose to mouth without the use of hands!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

George Hook on those fucking irritating Sky TV ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Scepticism about a proven scientific discovery or intention with the phrase "we don't know what it could do". E.g. GM foods et al.

If you don't know, vote no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

K

It was coming

You forgot the full-stop. It is of VITAL importance, doncha know!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

People who get their/there/they're mixed up, or just use there all the time
    People who dont know the difference between ware/wear and here/hear, etc

People who think that every word with an S needs one of these '

Like thi's it make's me s'o annoyed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Hate people fawning over babies.
    No theyre not special.people do it every day.
    Theyre not gorgeous.They're all little irritating lumps of crying flesh.
    Well done on passing a person.That doesnt mean I want to hold it,sit next to it anywhere or interrupt my day so I can look at it and go AWWWWWWWWWWW cause it learned how to breathe and efficiently move snot from nose to mouth without the use of hands!!

Every time I see my family fawning and going gooey-eyed at my baby cousin I get so pissed. Why do they act so special in front of her? It pisses me off. I'm like...grow up. Then she crawls on over to me and drags her cute little pink frilly self up to my knee and I'm like 'WHO'S A PRETTY LITTLE GURL!?!?!?!?!'

I...can't help it.

(I have been known to call random small children on the street cúnts though. A Neurotic is witness to this.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

(I have been known to call random small children on the street cúnts though. A Neurotic is witness to this.)
    you've also been witnessed [by most of C&H] wanting to bring a toddler home with you from Stephen's Green and trying such.

i told you at the time,this would come up again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Trying to sleep on a windy night when the wind is causing the little wooden thing on the blinds to tap against the window. And you can't close the window because its too warm..

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

you've also been witnessed [by most of C&H] wanting to bring a toddler home with you from Stephen's Green and trying such.

i told you at the time,this would come up again

You did. And I don't regret it. I WILL DO IT AGAIN

And his dad was so my bffl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

The use of the word "seen" instead of "saw".
    Irish people pronouncing words like "stupid" or "student" as Americans would.
    People who are rubbish at lying, but persist on doing so all the time.
    People who join in Facebook conversations that have nothing to do with them.
    People who can never accept being wrong.
    The D4 accent.
    Arrogant people who can't praise anything other than themselves or the work of themselves.
    Scam artists such as PMD Marketing.
    Button Factory bouncers.
    Ridiculous forum rules (not talking about boards here).

That's all for now, folks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I really hate it when my family judge me for not liking kids. There's nothing wrong with me just because I hate being around children; get the fuck over it and stop giving me grief about it. :mad: Also, there's nothing wrong with me just because I never want to have children. Bizarrely, I'd actually prefer having a good career where I can make money rather than having to look after screaming brats that just haemorrhage money. I know; crazy, right? :rolleyes:

Also can't stand the way some people go ridiculously over the top when it comes to doting over children. Kids aren't all precious angels, they're mostly a by product of randy couples who forgot to buy a condom.

Seriously, best of luck to any couple out there who wants to have kids but don't expect the whole fucking world to go absolutely head over heels just because you've brought yet another unremarkable human being into the world.

EDIT: Yeah, basically what Ultimate Chin said earlier. Babies =/= special. Get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

Just to justify my post, I don't really have the same mindset as a lot of the people I know, including my friends so I regularly get very angry (on the inside) at them for their comments/actions. Some of theses include:

Picking up items in shops, changing their minds and just throwing them down where they are. It takes about 30 seconds to go back to where you got them!

Telling me I'm not Irish because I don't like Jedward or Dustin the Turkey

Saying they look crap and then getting mad at me because I'm not bothered to boost their self esteem

Saying they're fat when they're a size 8. If you actually were fat you would be to ashamed to bring it up - believe me!

Going on and on about their nights out when I wasn't even invited

There's many more but I'm starting to sound like a whiny b1tch so I'll stop. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Telling me I'm not Irish because I don't like Jedward

Liking Jedward should be punished with expatriation tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Monzo wrote: »
    Liking Jedward should be punished with execution tbh.

Fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

"Your <insert software name here> has expired.

a) Update now!
    b) Learn more!
    c) Remind me later!"

Where's the "fuck off for good" option!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

"Your <insert software name here> has expired.

a) Update now!
    b) Learn more!
    c) Remind me later!"

Where's the "fuck off for good" option!?

I believe that's "d) Uninstall and find an open source alternative"

I was browsing through my old video games (ahh, nostalgia) and found one that had a weird version of that message:
    It has been 2453 days since you first played TerraFire.
    Your 30 day free evaluation period is over.
    Please take a moment to consider the poor, starving creator of this game: <two minute countdown>
    PRESS ENTER TO CONTINUE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Tennis moans! STFU! It doesn't make you a better player and you aren't exerting yourself that much that you need to make that noise every shot! STFU!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

Monzo wrote: »
    Liking Jedward should be punished with expatriation tbh.

:D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

People not knowing the difference between a "Mosh Pit" and a "Pit" at the front of a large venue.......:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Fad wrote: »
    People not knowing the difference between a "Mosh Pit" and a "Pit" at the front of a large venue.......:mad:

Or idiots who insist on trying to kill everyone in their path in the pit. Just fúck off, I want to enjoy the music without you punching me in the back of the head :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Bananas! I'm terrified of them! My friends think it's hilarious, but I literally cannot be in the same room as an unpeeled banana *shudders*.

My twin brother loves them though and takes wry pleasure in making banana sandwiches right next to me. The sight and smell of them make me want to vomit!

I also hate flies - get out of the kitchen you disgusting, disease-carrying creatures!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Jay P wrote: »
    Or idiots who insist on trying to kill everyone in their path in the pit. Just fúck off, I want to enjoy the music without you punching me in the back of the head :mad:

Or the idiots who think a mosh pit is an excuse to start a fight with someone becuase they got knocked over or pushed, please either dance like the rest of us or just fúck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Novella wrote: »
    When someone is annoyed with you, and they say, "Ok." and "K."... Yeah, how about you just admit you're annoyed or whatever and we'll sort things out?! I can't stand being k-ed! What is the point of sending me a message that just says "K"? Seriously!

Passive aggresive behaviour on Facebook,texting,msn etc is just pathetic and it makes me laugh when I see it tbh. I know someone who does it a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Most infuriating thing I've noticed at concerts is people talking during the songs... Happened at the Modest Mouse concert I attended last year, seemed a large chunk of the crowd were there just for the song 'Float On'. In the end the band didn't play it. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I also hate flies - get out of the kitchen you disgusting, disease-carrying creatures!

There was one in my room this morning, it woke me up with the fecking noise of it. :mad: I was fit to kill after a night of three nightmares involving being buried alive. Not a restful night of sleep.

I hate it when people touch things that don't belong to them. Makes my blood boil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

People who get all pissy with learner drivers. Ok, I'd understand if I was conked in the road for 5 minutes, but OMG I'm sorry that it took me a whole 3 seconds to get away from the traffic lights, OH NOES!! :rolleyes:

I love Dara O'Briain's take on this, hes hilarious :D From about 3.30 on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

People who get all pissy with learner drivers. Ok, I'd understand if I was conked in the road for 5 minutes, but OMG I'm sorry that it took me a whole 3 seconds to get away from the traffic lights, OH NOES!! :rolleyes:

I love Dara O'Briain's take on this, hes hilarious :D From about 3.30 on...

Ha! Me and my cousin were watching that last night! ComedyCentral FTW!:pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

This is one of my serious hates as well! Everybody was a learner driver at one stage! How the hell is beeping your horn going to help? If anything, it will make it worse. It's like shouting at a baby for falling over when learning to walk! I passed my test 3 months ago but I still get treated like that at times. I had a momentary lapse in cocentration in waiting at traffic lights and didn't notice they were green until 2 seconds late. That didn't stop all the BMW-drivers who like to take-off like greyhounds out of a cage from beeping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Drivers who refuse to drive even remotely aggressively on the road (learners are excused).

As it, unwilling to overtake no matter how slow the car is. Allowing other cars to bully their way in front of you. Etc. Just grow some balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

along the traffic thing.When I'm driving a tractor a people insist on being right behind you can pssing out dangerously when your turning.
    Look it doesn't go any faster,but my wheels are over the top of your head,cop the hell on and stay out of the way of the 2 tonne machine barreling down the road FFs,I'd rather not kill anyone.These things are SO much harder to drive than a car

Advertisement