Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Pet Hates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

along the traffic thing.When I'm driving a tractor a people insist on being right behind you can pssing out dangerously when your turning.
    Look it doesn't go any faster,but my wheels are over the top of your head,cop the hell on and stay out of the way of the 2 tonne machine barreling down the road FFs,I'd rather not kill anyone.These things are SO much harder to drive than a car

This is not directed at you Ninja, but your post made me think of this: Farmers that drive antique tractors that have no lights, break lights, indicators etc on them, but expect the person driving behind them to have some sort of psychic powers that will let them know where and when the tractor driver will decide to make a turn off the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

carmel27 wrote: »
    This is not directed at you Ninja, but your post made me think of this: Farmers that drive antique tractors that have no lights, break lights, indicators etc on them, but expect the person driving behind them to have some sort of psychic powers that will let them know where and when the tractor driver will decide to make a turn off the road.

Any farmers I've seen driving the very old ones without lights (which rarely if ever happens) have used their hands to signal.

I suppose if someone is unaware of this it might confuse them though.

I suppose if someone is unaware of this it might confuse them though.[/QUOTE]

I am aware of hand signals! But they dont all use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Those stupid bloody Always "Have a happy period!" ads make me want to punch someone. Hard. Who the fuck has a happy period!? It really pisses me off because the pain is so unbearable, and then I see a stupid ad with some smug eejit saying "Have a happy period!" and it just.... UGHRGH. :mad: Wanna make me happy? Fix this stupid disease then! And y'know, even then, it would still be shít. Not happy. FECK OFF WITH YOUR PATHETIC MARKETING CAMPAIGN. YOU SUCK.

Sorry. It just really gets to me. :o

Girls talking about their periods :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Girls talking about their periods :rolleyes:
    :eek::eek:
    NOOOOO SHHHHH don't make it worse
    >.>
    <.<
    *runs for cover*
    We are at Defcon 3 people,this is NOT a drill

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Mr NoTV

Incompetent signwriters who apply apostrophes where they're not needed...
    and the use of period - when you mean to say full stop.
    period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Dripping taps. I'll be damned if I'm getting up to turn it off though. Earphones and iTunes to the rescue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

The feel of cotton wool.
    Rubbing velvet the wrong way.
    Those children who scream all day long. I know they are playing, but do they really have to be so loud?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

the word Moist. I hate it! ARGHH!

People who bash off you especially in pennys and just keep walking or buggies in pennys.. and the people controling them expect you to make way for them even after they attack your ankles with their god damn buggy. I swear there should be a rule about what time buggies are allowed into penneys! ARGHH!

• Advertisement

People who bash off you especially in pennys and just keep walking or buggies in pennys.. and the people controling them expect you to make way for them even after they attack your ankles with their god damn buggy. I swear there should be a rule about what time buggies are allowed into penneys! ARGHH![/QUOTE]

I too have major issues with buggies. When walking on footpaths, some people with buggies seem to think that they can barge through the crowd and everybody should just move. I generally am quite curtious, and would step aside, but some people dont even give you the chance. They bulldoze through, and before you even get time to think, theyve driven over your toes!
    And then, when you're driving through down, its worse. They think its their god given right to walk across the street, regardless of traffic. Recently saw a lady who pushed the buggy off the footpath, right out in front of an on-coming van. The driver had to slam on the breaks and only missed it by inches. Dont understand the carelessness of some people!
    AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

carmel27 wrote: »
    Recently saw a lady who pushed the buggy off the footpath, right out in front of an on-coming van. The driver had to slam on the breaks and only missed it by inches. Dont understand the carelessness of some people!
    AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH........

I was having a driving lesson when we came across a woman on the footpath talking to friends, leaning on a buggy which was sitting well out on the road. It was ridiculous! She was looking the complete opposite direction, completely ignoring the child. It was quite a narrow road and there was traffic coming from the other direction so I had to sit there til she copped on she was holding up half the road :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I hate people who just run across the road with buggies. Seriously cop the fúck on, it's bad enough running across the road alone, but with a child in a buggy is just plain stupid. As much as you like to think, drivers can't always see you, especially if it's dark and you're wearing all dark clothes.

Clothes on Dogs

They aren't F*cking people they don't need clothes,that's what fur is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Mr NoTV

Fur on dogs

it puts the canine fashions trade in jeopardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

I hate people who openly stare at you when you're out and about. Like today I was in Dundrum and the amount of people who stare you up and down as plain as day is crazy. Usually I just shout loudly in their direction about what it a shame it is that they don't have their camera with them but today these morons pissed me off so much I couldn't even be bothered with this. Like if you're going to stare at somebody do it subtly, it's not that hard - I do it all the time, just please don't make it so fecking obvious. So I guess I'm giving out about people staring in an obvious fashion rather than staring in general. :confused:

ohthebaby wrote: »
    I hate people who openly stare at you when you're out and about. Like today I was in Dundrum and the amount of people who stare you up and down as plain as day is crazy. Usually I just shout loudly in their direction about what it a shame it is that they don't have their camera with them but today these morons pissed me off so much I couldn't even be bothered with this. Like if you're going to stare at somebody do it subtly, it's not that hard - I do it all the time, just please don't make it so fecking obvious. So I guess I'm giving out about people staring in an obvious fashion rather than staring in general. :confused:

So...
    Anyone else wondering what about her made everyone stare? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Pygmalion wrote: »
    So...
    Anyone else wondering what about her made everyone stare? ;)

As of today I'm paranoid. Although I think a really bad pair of shorts might have done it, in hindsight I probably looked 19 and pregnant. Not wearing them again. :(

Also attention seeking Facebook statuses are driving me mad. 'Y do ppl alwayz let meh dwn?? </3' This person is 21. And all her silly friends ask what's wrong and then she says 'aww cant tlk bout it ere chik'. Why write it up then in the first place you stupid attention seeker you. I would hide them from my homepage but they're entertaining at the same time. But still grrrrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

^ That's so irritating. I'm hating the current "13 hours til OXYGEN 2K10 lol!!!!" "12 hours til OXYGEN 2K10 lol!!!!! d rip is ON!!!" updates too. I've put 12 new people on my hidden list thing tonight :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

this thread (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055961799) in AH reminded me of one thing I hate; anyone who pronounces the word scone as "scon" deserves to choke to death on a SCONE. It rhymes with bone, cone, lone etc. It does NOT rhyme with gone or on.

STOP SAYING SCON :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

KnifeWRENCH (love the username by the way),

How do you pronounce the word catch?

The right way (rhymes with snatch, batch, latch)
    or the wrong way (rhymes with fetch, sketch)?

Just wondering...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I have never heard anyone say the word catch as if it rhymed with "sketch". Why would anyone do that? :confused: The way it's spelt should clearly indicate that it rhymes with latch, batch etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

I have never heard anyone say the word catch as if it rhymed with "sketch". Why would anyone do that? :confused: The way it's spelt should clearly indicate that it rhymes with latch, batch etc.

That's exactly what I can't figure out, but trust me people do pronounce it like that.

Maybe it's just a west thing.

Donkey and lorry are two more....
    A friend of mine pronounces them [Dunky] and [Lurry], and is adamant shes right. Ive challenged her about it several times but to no avail! Her argument on the donkey pronunciation is "How do you pronounce monkey?":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

Another one is the way people pronounce the word "one"...
    I say it the same way I'd say "won", I know it's probably wrong and all but still!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I always say donkey like monkey..
    My dad always said it so now its just habit :/

People you know acting different to impress people.
    Usually of the opposite gender.

Often comes in the form of pretend to like things they previously hated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

^ That's so irritating. I'm hating the current "13 hours til OXYGEN 2K10 lol!!!!" "12 hours til OXYGEN 2K10 lol!!!!! d rip is ON!!!" updates too. I've put 12 new people on my hidden list thing tonight :rolleyes:

That 2k10 thing really annoys me...its not saving any less effort in typing/writing it so why bother?? :confused:

Just how crappy my skin is,I'm 18 and still get spots and have generally ruddy complection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Just how crappy my skin is,I'm 18 and still get spots and have generally ruddy complection.

Would you try antibiotics? A few months ago at the grand old age of 19 I decided I'd get them, and there's been a definite improvement so far.

Advertisement