Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Pet Hates.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    On another music related note.

"We speak no Americano"

AMERICANO ISN'T A F*CKING LANGUAGE.
    NOR DOES YOUR SONG HAVE A POINT.
    NOR IS IT GOOD.
    NOW F*CK OFF WITH YOUR DUDUDUDUD.
    Video is funny though. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

The smell of wet dog :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Bus drivers who choose to be cúnts for no reason.

DIE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Bus drivers who choose to be cúnts for no reason.

DIE.

Bus drivers who seeing you running for the bus, wait until you're almost there, and then decide to drive off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

PKen wrote: »
    My (motoring) "Pet Hates" include:
    (i) Drivers using their Fog Lamps when there's no fog. It's especially irritating, blinding and downright dangerous in wet conditions.
    (ii) Car owners who park their car occupying two parking spaces.[/I] It's what I call "F**k You" parking.
    (iii) Boy racers who think it's cool to deafen me with those ridiculous exaust pipes. And sit (so low in the seat) with their heads parallel with the steering wheel.
    (iv) Having to pay more for my Car Insurance, because young drivers are having so many accidents. :mad:
    I'm not so great at the parking jazz at the moment, so it's deal with me sometimes taking up two spaces or allow me to redo your paintwork/resculpture your wing mirrors :)

• Advertisement

When people text you, you text them back and they don't bother replying.
    Or when people send you a call me, you ring them and they don't answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

LOUD EXHAUSTS DO NOT MAKE YOUR CARS GO FASTER!

sorry for shouting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

the way all the internet site link to the same deleted video on megavideo

DAMMIT IT INTERNET LET ME PIRATE IN PEACE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Just remember: loudness of car is inversely proportional to penis size, so if some boy racer pisses you off driving past, just scream "SMALL PENIS!" and point at him, and he'll be highly embarrassed.
    HxGH wrote: »
    LOUD EXHAUSTS DO NOT MAKE YOUR CARS GO FASTER!

sorry for shouting.

Will I get really technical and write down the reasons why my car is so loud...? :]

Will I get really technical and write down the reasons why my car is so loud...? :]
    yes.

• Advertisement

yes.

Well the noise of my car can be blamed on two things, the exhaust system and the air intake.

First of all the air intake, I took off my carb lid, took out the filter and took out a vacuum hose going from the exhaust manifold that sends hot air to the intake. The positives to this are more cold air being forced to the air intake, cooling the engine better and keeping it running at optimum performance, the removal of the lid and filter also allowed me to fit a strut brace, therefore increasing my handling and general safety. The noise this creates is just the sucking in of air.

My exhaust system consists of the exhaust manifold/header, down-pipe, mid-section, de-cat and back box. I took off the manifold cover to allow more cold air to hit it, which cools it better. My mid-section, back box and de-cat are all uprated pieces of pipe, which are wider in diameter to the standard pieces. These allow more air to pass through from the engine and out the back, decreasing the amount of backpressure and stress on the internal components. With more width comes sound, the decat takes out a very thin piece of pipe and replaces it with a wider pipe, creating more sound and decreasing backpressure even more. I can fit a silencer on to my car, but that only makes the pipe smaller inside, letting less air escape.

No negatives to it really.

Oh also, less backpressure = more freedom in the engine, creating more power and more responsiveness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

He decided it'd be a great idea to take off the bit that keeps the exhaust quieter, thus killing the ears of everyone around him :P

He decided it'd be a great idea to take off the bit that keeps the exhaust quieter, thus killing the ears of everyone around him :P

2 bits actually, the cat and the silencer :D :P

Just from a mechanical point of view[I'm all for a nice sounding car,just not an obnoxiously loud one] I think you're seriously over estimating the bonuses your getting from hacking off bits of the exhaust.

Back pressure and cool air intakes are all moot points with regards performance,unless you're into drag racing where the rapid rise in heat and extra force on the engine are real issues [In which case my respect for you has just tripled]

Just from a mechanical point of view[I'm all for a nice sounding car,just not an obnoxiously loud one] I think you're seriously over estimating the bonuses your getting from hacking off bits of the exhaust.

Back pressure and cool air intakes are all moot points with regards performance,unless you're into drag racing where the rapid rise in heat and extra force on the engine are real issues [In which case my respect for you has just tripled]

In 3 weeks it's going for its first track outing, by Christmas it will hopefully have a new engine in it, all the things I can do now are working up to its final point.

Everything I've done can only give positive rewards, mostly to do with air cooling and chassis rigidity at the moment.

In 3 weeks it's going for its first track outing, by Christmas it will hopefully have a new engine in it, all the things I can do now are working up to its final point.

Everything I've done can only give positive rewards, mostly to do with air cooling and chassis rigidity at the moment.
    Awesomes!!

My pet hate: lads[we all know them] who try and make a crappy car into something it's not.One of the guys in my year had a micra, a F*CKING MICRA!, he chopped of the exhaust and replaced it with a 3" pipe.What a tool

Awesomes!!

My pet hate: lads[we all know them] who try and make a crappy car into something it's not.One of the guys in my year had a micra, a F*CKING MICRA!, he chopped of the exhaust and replaced it with a 3" pipe.What a tool

She'll be a right track demon eventually :D

And it's hard to get louder than me :o

I agree on your hate btw, although people look at me like that, but I have probably the easiest modifying base in the world, a Civic :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Boy racers purposefully make their cars louder!? I genuinely thought it's because they don't buy high-quality parts.

Why would they like a louder car? If you want more power and more responsiveness, buy a car with a bigger engine (e.g. 1.9L) - it will still be quiet and comfortable.

Midnight_EG, you sound like an expert with cars, and you're roughly my age! I could use your knowledge - I only learned how to change a car wheel today, and I've been driving for about a year and a half :o

My pet hate: People who don't go completely out of a building to smoke, but do it in between the two doors that lead outside, meaning to walk into a bar/restuarant/hotel you have to walk through a huge haze of smoke. Eugh

Boy racers purposefully make their cars louder!? I genuinely thought it's because they don't buy high-quality parts.

Why would they like a louder car? If you want more power and more responsiveness, buy a car with a bigger engine (e.g. 1.9L) - it will still be quiet and comfortable.

Midnight_EG, you sound like an expert with cars, and you're roughly my age! I could use your knowledge - I only learned how to change a car wheel today, and I've been driving for about a year and a half :o

There are reasons, yes. Some exhaust give great power gains, but are illegal for street use for the exact reason that they're too loud. Perfect example of this is the Buddyclub Spec 3, youtube it.

There are cars with a small amount of power that can beat cars with much more power, for example a Civic with 150bhp would beat a Mustang with 300bhp around a technical course with many turns, simply because of the power-to-weight ratio. That ratio is all that matters in the real world.

I'm nowhere near an expert, I just pick up things as I go along, and have a vested interest tbh. And I'm 18, nearly 19 :]

PM if you wanna know stuff :D

<car stuff etc etc etc etc more car stuff>

You're forgetting to mention the rust :P ;) :pac:

In fairness though, I do like your car :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Never mind all this horsepower stuff, my car has e-mail and bacon!

email-bacon.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Well the noise of my car can be blamed on two things, the exhaust system and the air intake.

First of all the air intake, I took off my carb lid, took out the filter and took out a vacuum hose going from the exhaust manifold that sends hot air to the intake. The positives to this are more cold air being forced to the air intake, cooling the engine better and keeping it running at optimum performance, the removal of the lid and filter also allowed me to fit a strut brace, therefore increasing my handling and general safety. The noise this creates is just the sucking in of air.

My exhaust system consists of the exhaust manifold/header, down-pipe, mid-section, de-cat and back box. I took off the manifold cover to allow more cold air to hit it, which cools it better. My mid-section, back box and de-cat are all uprated pieces of pipe, which are wider in diameter to the standard pieces. These allow more air to pass through from the engine and out the back, decreasing the amount of backpressure and stress on the internal components. With more width comes sound, the decat takes out a very thin piece of pipe and replaces it with a wider pipe, creating more sound and decreasing backpressure even more. I can fit a silencer on to my car, but that only makes the pipe smaller inside, letting less air escape.

Oh also, less backpressure = more freedom in the engine, creating more power and more responsiveness.

Nice arguement.
    Many would just say "Aw, but man... It sounds bleedin' massive!"

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Eccentrically dressed people, or people with really original fashion sense, i love them, always make me happy!!:) And people with
    coloured hair like pink, blue...

These people annoy me. OMG I AM SO UNIQUE. No you're not! You're actually less unique than everyone else. You look exactly like all the other twats to me. Only unlike me, who looks like other people becuase he doesn't care, you actually made an effort and still ended up looking like a multi-coloured sheep. GRRRRR

Parents who have NO control over their kids and don't seem to ever want to tell them off. In particular, one woman and her son who come into where I work quite a lot. He's a superbrat, he frequently runs around the shop tearing down clothes, knocking over stacks of stuff and throwing golf balls everywhere. His mother stands there, giggles at him, and throws us remarks like "D'awwwwwwwwww, isn't he just the cutest thing?!", before leaving with him without offering to help clean up the mess :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Rachel Allen's voice.

STOP. TALKING.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭PKen

MavisDavis wrote: »
    Rachel Allen's voice.

STOP. TALKING.

Disagree. I could listen to her all day. She sounds (and looks) very sexy. :p

PKen wrote: »
    Disagree. I could listen to her all day. She sounds (and looks) very sexy. :p

It's not even a real accent! It's a made-up, poxy, exaggerated South Dublin accent that drives me mad!

"Try my siiggnature range of sannndwiiiiches, created OWNly for O'Briiiien's". :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

MavisDavis wrote: »
    It's not even a real accent! It's a made-up, poxy, exaggerated South Dublin accent that drives me mad!

"Try my siiggnature range of sannndwiiiiches, created OWNly for O'Briiiien's". :mad:

My sister used to work in O'Brien's and she tried the Rachel Allen sandwiches and said they tasted like **** :P I hope that makes you feel a bit better :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

Other people probably don't find this annoying but when people around my own age refer to me as "peteen" and "luveen" in a non-sarcastic manner.
    I actually don't mind if they are being sarcastic but when they are being totally serious it just kind of irks me :o Like they are trying to act like a granny or something..

• Advertisement

People who come into the store I work for, look around, then run up to me and say 'WHERE'S THA CLOTHES?'

It's a HOME STORE you idiots. HOME-STORE. It's written over the door. There are sofas, and lighting, and paints and spatulas and wardrobes. NO FÚCKING CLOTHES. Twats.

And customers who say 'will ye be getting them in again?'

What the fúck am I? I don't know if we will be restocking whatever hideous item you're looking to fill your house with. It's the start of the season though, that might be a tip off. But I, me, myself, have no idea when we will indeed have ever single piece in the store in again. So get the fúck out of my face and don't make me feel guilty for not having your shít brown curtains in extra extra wide. I'm not the store. I'm not responsible for this shít. I actually, to be quite honest, couldn't give a flying fúck :)

The way Jackobyte was right about spoiler tags,you do always read them :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

THIS SONG.

I don't understand why everybody loves it. It's so irritating! It reminds me of "The song that never ends". The vid is pretty cool though.

Oh, I saw her at Glasto! I went to make fun of her name but she was actually pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

People who stand over you while your on a computer.

People who constantly moan about their lives and are ungrateful little brats...

Dripping taps.

People who you would hardly ever talk to adding you as a friend on facebook. I'm trying to keep my 'friends' to only my actual friends, but I always feel bad ignoring their friend request!

• Advertisement

When you're changing your sheets, and for some reason the duvet just won't go right, and end up all bunched up in the cover and you can't get it normal no matter what.

Also when the sheet comes off the corners of the mattress, and you end up wrapped up in it by the morning.

Oversleeping something important :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Oversleeping something important :(:(

This. Also, when I really really don't want to sleep in, I spend all night waking up and generally sleep in anyway or I'm just all tired from not getting a proper sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

People who say "I was morto.com" or "I'm notrightinthehead.ie" seriously. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

People who turn on that condescending sing-song voice when they talk to you, like it makes what they're saying four times easier to understand. I know you don't talk like that all the time, or to everyone, ****tard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

People who think they're ****ing royalty at weddings because they're related to the bride or groom.

Man at bar, JUST AFTER DINNER: "Would it be possible to get some sandwiches please?"
    Me: "Sorry, we have no kitchen staff here at the moment, but we'll have sandwiches and sausages ready for ye at around 11"
    Man at bar: "Well, it's for the mother of the bride, soooo...."
    Me: "ALRIGHT THEN, WHY DON'T I JUST PULL A KITCHEN WORKER OUT OF MY ASS"

Horse-faced woman: "I'd like to check in please. The name is Horsefaced Woman"
    Me: "OK, I can't check you in myself I'm afraid but I'll just call one of the girls from the marquee over and she can help you."
    Horse-faced woman: "I need to go somewhere in 5 minutes, I need to check in now, I was told there'd be someone here. I mean, I'm the sister of the bride?"
    Me: "CONGRATULATIONS ON HAVING A SISTER OF MARRIAGEABLE QUALITY HORSEFACE, PLEASE ALLOW ME TO BEND THE RULES OF SPACE AND TIME TO ALLOW YOU TO CHECK IN INSTANTANEOUSLY"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Root regrowth. When you're waiting on your hair to grow, it goes super slow. But then you dye it and it suddenly speeds up and shoots out at the speed of lightening, leaving you with two tone hair. Lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Dry retching.

The word "tresses". It's your HAIR. Call it that or stfu. In fact, stfu anyway, fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

That new clearasil ad is annoying me.That is not a breakout,one spot is not a breakout.THAT IS A DOT.

Science of looking awesome.ARGH FECK OFF.

TV Channels (I'm looking at you RTE) that show lots of ads during a movie, and even sometimes the news and the feckin Lotto - it's a movie don't interupt it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

People who wear this tucked into this who think they can pass judgment on what I wear! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

M&S* wrote: »
    People who wear this tucked into this who think they can pass judgment on what I wear! :mad:

Plain leggings are bad enough but those flowery ones are just disgusting!

My hate, people who put "der all fukin pricks" etc. as their political views on Facebook.

When prices of property are marked at a reasonable price per month, and then elsewhere in the article they mark it at the same price, only per week.

Sneaky gits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

When you try to embed a video in Sountrack to your Angst and it won't embed becuase it's copyrighted, or disabled by request :mad:.

• Advertisement
Advertisement